Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you feel if this happens to you?

Default Re: How do you feel if this happens to you?

if i'm the seller, i wil honour my deal even if i'm offered a higher price. Its my principle. However if there is asudden change of plan as things can happen unexpectedly, i mjght have to call of the deal. I ever cancelled a deal not becos i have a higher bidder, but because my upgrade plans was put on hold so i have to keep the existing gears. I inform the buyer promptly and tell him my reason. Not worth gaining extra $10 to $50 to lose a good reputation. Friends first....$$ 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Be a MAN. Do the RIGHT THING.
    sounds like Russel Peters
    Regards, Mark Pang
    www.markpangphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    if i'm the seller, i wil honour my deal even if i'm offered a higher price. Its my principle. However if there is asudden change of plan as things can happen unexpectedly, i mjght have to call of the deal. I ever cancelled a deal not becos i have a higher bidder, but because my upgrade plans was put on hold so i have to keep the existing gears. I inform the buyer promptly and tell him my reason. Not worth gaining extra $10 to $50 to lose a good reputation. Friends first....$$ 2nd.
    only sold a few things recently, once i have a bnp, then i drag, then someone offered a lower price, i said ok, then will deal much more further away then my closing date... after i close already, someone pm me to buy at bnp... i was like... duh...

so i kept my promise to wait for the buyer to buy, now he enjoy his lens, i enjoy my reputation... haha... its not a matter of money sometimes... its a matter of integrity & honour...

but few i won't honour, like for eg, someone later offer me a lower price than originally decided on, under contract law, its counter offer already, so counter offer = no contract, i can then offer to sell others as i deem fit, even if later he wanna buy at bnp or watever, wats sold is sold (if its sold anyway)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Manphoroto View Post
    1. Someone posted an item to sale in B&S
    2. SMS to enquire and seller agreed on price
    3. Seller fix a time and venue to meet up, it's 2 days later, both agreed
    4. 1 day before the meetup, seller SMS again said item was sold to a higher bidder

I guess this is quite common in our society, just want to hear how many of you have meet such incident
    It did happen the other way round .... 1 day before the meet up the buyer sms to say that he found another at a lower price ....
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    Be a MAN. Do the RIGHT THING.
    $34.50!

Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Seng View Post
    $34.50!
    best price!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I would say 'let it be too". I'm in a reverse position and a different turn out.

I was once a buyer and a seller had reserved to an item (no more warranty) for me to view before buying (maybe for 2 days before meeting.)
    I changed my mind as the item is available new at a good price ($30 difference and 1 year warranty.) SMS seller and told him I bought new and not meeting him. He SMS back saying "I know you now" and he had rejected higher offer since he had reserved it for viewing with me.

vince123123
    Guests

Just deal on a first deal first serve basis is the best. Reserve here n there always got problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12