Thread: How do you park?

Default How do you park?

Hi everyone,

Thinking of getting a bicycle to go around the neighbourhood for some exercise. But before I buy it, CFO wants to know where I'm going to park it in the confines of my small HDB apartment. I am therefore asking you all for ideas on:

1) How and where you normally park your bikes? Void Deck or outside your front gate? How safe would it be
    2) How do you normally secure it? What locks/chains I should be getting
    3) Is it possible to keep your bike indoors? Do you recommend any kind of mounting?

Any ideas would be great!

Cheers,
    Sean.

Member/Tangshooter

Default Re: How do you park?

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thinking of getting a bicycle to go around the neighbourhood for some exercise. But before I buy it, CFO wants to know where I'm going to park it in the confines of my small HDB apartment. I am therefore asking you all for ideas on:

1) How and where you normally park your bikes? Void Deck or outside your front gate? How safe would it be
    3) Is it possible to keep your bike indoors? Do you recommend any kind of mounting?

Cheers,
    Sean.

if u parking outdoors, get the cheapest bike..remove all quick release fixture with fixed type..a long chain will be nice to secure front and back wheels..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Hi everyone,

Cheers,
    Sean.
    Buy a season ticket and park in the car park..haha . Seriously, if the bike is expensive you may want to park inhouse, if it cheap then park outside the house and buy a chain to chain it lor

Looks like if I want to get a resonably good bike, have to park inside leow. But must find some space. Just looking for storage ideas and possibilites.

Have my end on a GIANT bike. Original price of 590 was reduced to 390. I would be sorry to buy it only to loose it to the karung guni man..

Member/Tangshooter

Looks like if I want to get a resonably good bike, have to park inside leow. But must find some space. Just looking for storage ideas and possibilites.

Have my end on a GIANT bike. Original price of 590 was reduced to 390. I would be sorry to buy it only to loose it to the karung guni man..
    Wah GIANT ah..its better to keep inside ur house..or else u will have to find it at sungei road..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Haahaahaa!! Sungei Road!! Nice one!!

Is there a gps tracking device for these kind of things? Then again, it would prob cost more than the bike..

I park mine in a spare room. There are too many things to steal and to chain it all down will look quite strange. quick release front and rear wheels, speed + cadence sensor, expensive carbon parts, etc.

I just lean it against the wall, but looking to get either a work stand (like the ones the mechanics use), or a system where you have a metal pole going from your floor to the ceiling and movable hangars like this...
    Leicanaut & Nikonaut @ http://nangka.org/events

All the bicycles in my house are kept in the balcony. I have a small stand that will hook up the rear frame, lifting the rear wheel off the ground, for my own bicycle. I'm thinking of getting a bicycle rack that supports itself by anchoring the ends to the floor and roof. This way I can hang 2 bicycles, one on top of the other.

My bicycle is way too precious to me to leave it outside the house....
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

I remember my friend has a rack at home to hang the bicycle near to the door. The rack was fitted to the wall. So after he cleans the bicycle, he would hang it on the rack.

Dont forget to fit the ERP hor

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderBen View Post
    Dont forget to fit the ERP hor
    Still looking for space in the house.. need to get a bike for some exercise.
    Also good for using to shoot events (Big Walk and Canon Photomarathon!!)

No matter how much your bike cost dun park outside the house....

Quote Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
    No matter how much your bike cost dun park outside the house....
    Advise noted !! I've heard many reports about this.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    All the bicycles in my house are kept in the balcony. I have a small stand that will hook up the rear frame, lifting the rear wheel off the ground, for my own bicycle. I'm thinking of getting a bicycle rack that supports itself by anchoring the ends to the floor and roof. This way I can hang 2 bicycles, one on top of the other.

My bicycle is way too precious to me to leave it outside the house....
    The rack sounds good. Something like a tripod for bicycles..

I do believe you can get a free serial number engraved onto your bike at your local police post. 2 bikes were stolen at my place, 1 a cannondale ... now I ride a GT. haha. ok, its so not funny.