Thread: Lift upgrade (LUP)

Default Lift upgrade (LUP)

Anyone knows how much does a Singapore PR typically needs to pay for lift upgrade?

Default Re: Lift upgrade (LUP)

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Anyone knows how much does a Singapore PR typically needs to pay for lift upgrade?
    For Upgrading a PR needs to pay 6x what a citizen pays!

If u are on the original Lift level u not need to pay!

How much can't really say it will all depend on the estate involved n other factors etc.......but i can roughly tell u the range of 5 thousand to 10+ thousand.

Even if u call the HDB to check they will not know also but they might be able to tell u when is the date of billing!

Thanks for the info!

Hmm... means that I must look for a house on the lift level or buy somewhere that's already upgraded.

Thanks for the info!

Hmm... means that I must look for a house on the lift level or buy somewhere that's already upgraded.
    Or there is already lift for every level.

No lift upgrade for me. Non P A P area.

this LUP is a way of forcing HDB unit's occupants to pay regardless if they can afford it. Imagine if you are a couple of elderly rertirees with no income who have the misfortune to stay on a non-lift landing floor. How are you going to pay for it? If this government is sincere about the welfare of the people, the cost should be fully borned by the government. Afterall everyone pay taxes. to this upgrading programs which is another way of milking money from the people.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    this LUP is a way of forcing HDB unit's occupants to pay regardless if they can afford it. Imagine if you are a couple of elderly rertirees with no income who have the misfortune to stay on a non-lift landing floor. How are you going to pay for it? If this government is sincere about the welfare of the people, the cost should be fully borned by the government. Afterall everyone pay taxes. to this upgrading programs which is another way of milking money from the people.
    Paying is via CPF