Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Melbourne in 10 days

Default Re: Melbourne in 10 days

Quote Originally Posted by Jemapela View Post
    I would agree with you that cultural differences is a significant factor but if you have been observing the Aussies closely, or been in contact with some of them, I realise that (and it's my personal opinion) "cultural difference" is merely a polite face-saving excuse many Asians use.

If you think of it, most of us Asians were brought up and taught to feel shame about our naked bodies. Hence, I used the adjective "shameful". If you observe how the the Aussies / westerners are raised, they were not grilled to feel shame about their naked bodies, hence I used the word "shameless". Chances are, this would only be clear to anyone if they hang out enough with the liberal Aussies but even if no, it's evident everywhere in Australia.

Examples: Men's striptease clubs, topless sunbathing on public beaches, and very recently, a public nude photo shoot done in Melbourne's Chinatown by a Asian guy of Aussie models.

My personal experience includes Aussie models who stripped naked to change in front of me, and another expressing her disappointment to a studio manager that I didn't ask her to go topless (she wanted to). Two years ago, an Aussie model proposed doing a lingerie shoot in the city in public (and that scared me shitless). Totally shameless but I'm not complaining.

My underlying message is to experience Melbourne/Australia for what she has that Singapore doesn't have, regardless of a holiday or bachelor days. Of course, such an itinerary is unsuitable for children but what's the problem with adults? Moreover, entry into a men's strip club is not restricted to men only. I have seen women patrons inside although very few. (Maybe the women want to learn the moves of those semi-naked dancers?)

PS: I feel no shame (shameless) in admitting that I have been into a men's club because I consider it as a cultural experience. In fact, it was an Aussie mate who encouraged me to go have a look.
    Thanks. We don't really have any objections seeing a strip show or any other such 'activities' (for lack of a better word). In fact, we've (my wife and I) attended such shows in Thailand before -really amazing what you can do with training

But I'm getting ahead of myself...ahem. Actually, it would depend on what we have planned. We're there to see Australia's natural beauty, mountains, the beautiful beaches and rock formations, vineyards etc etc.. which is also not available in Singapore. A gentleman's club is rather low on our list of 'must-sees' at the moment, however, I doubt we would object too violently if friends or relatives living there were to bring us for one

Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat76 View Post
    But I'm getting ahead of myself...ahem. Actually, it would depend on what we have planned. We're there to see Australia's natural beauty, mountains, the beautiful beaches and rock formations, vineyards etc etc.. which is also not available in Singapore. A gentleman's club is rather low on our list of 'must-sees' at the moment, however, I doubt we would object too violently if friends or relatives living there were to bring us for one
    If want to see "mountains" Australia also got.

If want to touch "mountians" Australia also got.

For trips around Victoria in end-October, would we need to book hotels/motels/B&B's in advance? Its not peak season, and not school holidays also now, right?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123