Will be making my first trip down under with the wife end of the month, and need some information on what would be the best way to spend our time. It will be a self-drive kinda trip, so we're open to suggestions.
In the 10 days, so far we plan to visit:
1. Melbourne city (got cousin there who can show us around), maybe 1-2 days
2. Wineries, maybe 1-2 days going around taking pics and more importantly, drinking wine!
3. Great Ocean Rd drive.. maybe spend 2 days driving along.. what are the 'hot' spots besides 12 apostles?
4. Drive down to Tasmania, maybe 2-3 days? What are the main highlights there?
5. Any other places of interest? Grampians?
Also, any nice hotels/motels/B&B's you encountered would be great, both in the city as well as along any of the places listed - preferably below AUD$100 a night
Any places to share that are off the beaten track? Would like to hear stories and experiences for those who've been around Victoria (or those who stay there!) on some of the highlights that you think are worth spending time on and we'll see if we wanna incorporate them into our plans. Many thanks!
Sorry, title should be Victoria in 10 days... but can't seem to change the title now