Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PacNet headache

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: PacNet headache

Donno.

But you do realise that a normal 2 yr plan normally gets much more than just a router. Maybe your recontract was at a time where recontract is router, and new suscriber is router + X + Y + Z free gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    why so different? they did gave me a router when i renewed it during last year's pc show(or comex? forgot which one).

I called pacnet up, as my contract is ending soon. Asked them about recontract details. They told me its $60 a mth for a 1500k connection, one year contract, they will give me the first month free. Asked them if they will throw in a gift, like they are doing for their new customers OR if they can match the deal in terms of price that Singnet is offering (I told them I do not need the free gifts). Was told that the best they can do is the first month free. They really do not seem to be intersted in keeping their customers. Might just jump ship to singnet. Only problem is that more people seem to be complaining about their connection problems with singnet. Or is this because they have a much wider customer base?
    Last edited by cerebrus; 12th October 2006 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Spelling Error....

Quote Originally Posted by cerebrus View Post
    I called pacnet up, as my contract is ending soon. Asked them about recontract details. They told me its $60 a mth for a 1500k connection, one year contract, they will give me the first month free. Asked them if they will throw in a gift, like they are doing for their new customers OR if they can match the deal in terms of price that Singnet is offering (I told them I do not need the free gifts). Was told that the best they can do is the first month free. They really do not seem to be intersted in keeping their customers. Might just jump ship to singnet. Only problem is that more people seem to be complaining about their connection problems with singnet. Or is this because they have a much wider customer base?
    i dunno but why not switch to starhub since it has lesser complains as compared to singnet or pacnet? somemore no dialing up needed, just plug and always play.

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    Anyone of you experiece this problem when you can't access any website out of Singapore eg www.lensbabies.com but can surf sites like CS? This happens to me recently and will be okay after some times (sometimes a couple of hours). Tried calling them but got fed up of the waiting. Any help?
    Happened to me too in the past week. Am using singnet.

i dunno but why not switch to starhub since it has lesser complains as compared to singnet or pacnet? somemore no dialing up needed, just plug and always play.
    I do not have cable at my place. Will cost about $2000 just to wire the house, without activation.... Also, I prefer a non-shared ADSL connection. Starhub really crawls on weekend nights.

I do not have cable at my place. Will cost about $2000 just to wire the house, without activation.... Also, I prefer a non-shared ADSL connection. Starhub really crawls on weekend nights.
    hmmm..........you required wiring to your house (which i assume means you have landed property) and you are scared of slowing down on weekend nights? landed property seldom have problems with that(never for me), just wondering sometimes whether starhub's slowing down syndrome is an over-rated problem as there is definitely not as many people complaning about it when compared to singnet or pacnet(or in this forum at least). maybe we can make a poll to recheck it, my info might be biased since i based it on my personal experiences with relatives and friends, whom most are using starhub as they have cable TV. speaking of which, $2000 is indeed quite expensive though for the installation, my family paid using installements.

hmm starhub recently jus implemented some new policy like existing customers who have no more contract period left will be given the exact same freebies as new customers and if you call in to bargain a bit more, can even get free installation, haha

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post
    hmm starhub recently jus implemented some new policy like existing customers who have no more contract period left will be given the exact same freebies as new customers and if you call in to bargain a bit more, can even get free installation, haha
    cool. my contract ending nxt year though.

Might just jump ship to singnet. Only problem is that more people seem to be complaining about their connection problems with singnet. Or is this because they have a much wider customer base?
    Quote Originally Posted by enghong17 View Post
    Happened to me too in the past week. Am using singnet.
    You should read the long message I posted here: My personal rant about Singnet

It's been more than 6 months and the line has only dropped 5 times and for only a couple of minutes each time. BTW, I'm connected almost 24/7.

_

vince123123
    Guests

Looks like they changed it yet again, my experience was about a month or slightly more old.

Too much flip flop.

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12