Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PacNet headache

Default PacNet headache

Anyone of you experiece this problem when you can't access any website out of Singapore eg www.lensbabies.com but can surf sites like CS? This happens to me recently and will be okay after some times (sometimes a couple of hours). Tried calling them but got fed up of the waiting. Any help?

Default Re: PacNet headache

Quote Originally Posted by ndroo View Post
    Anyone of you experiece this problem when you can't access any website out of Singapore eg www.lensbabies.com but can surf sites like CS? This happens to me recently and will be okay after some times (sometimes a couple of hours). Tried calling them but got fed up of the waiting. Any help?
    I almost forget there is still pac net around...

I believe cs is host in a local ip, if wrong please corret me. if this is the case, where overseas site like yahoo.com, hotmail.com can't be access, most likely is either the proxy setting, if change had been make before or pacnet side is having some problem, better call up and make noise

Quote Originally Posted by clarinet View Post
    I almost forget there is still pac net around...

I believe cs is host in a local ip, if wrong please corret me. if this is the case, where overseas site like yahoo.com, hotmail.com can't be access, most likely is either the proxy setting, if change had been make before or pacnet side is having some problem, better call up and make noise
    Orh. Argh I kinda hate calling them. Wait for hell long

Thanks

pacnet still exists? < /sarcasm >

First it was singnet's transparent proxy problems... now its pacnet's turn?

Dump Pacnet, my experience with them over the years has nothing but poor service and uncompetitive rates. As a customer who has been using their service for a long time, they could not even offer me anything close to what a new Singnet customer can get! This I mean in both price and bandwidth packaged together!

With Singnet, service has not been significantly better, but a very big difference is the reliability and price competitiveness.

starhub rocks!!!!

vince123123
    Guests

really meh? their policies are to get new subscribers and existing subscribers (even those with no contract) always get screwed over

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    starhub rocks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    really meh? their policies are to get new subscribers and existing subscribers (even those with no contract) always get screwed over
    ?????

me no problems so far, other than that downtime incident when a worker accidentally cut a starhub wire during roadworks.

Using Pacnet here.. have been resisting Singnet's offering.

I've been getting extremely good uptime with them. With down time only due to Singtel's phone line prob - line dead, no DSL signal etc with frequency of few times in a year

But might be jumping to SNBB next year. Need better upload speed - 256k up is no longer sufficient for me.

vince123123
    Guests

What I meant is, new subscribers always get good deals when signing up for new contracts, whereas existing subscribers who want to recontract often get lousier, if not, no deals at all. Basically they are interested in getting new pple, but not interested in keeping old ones.

?????

me no problems so far, other than that downtime incident when a worker accidentally cut a starhub wire during roadworks.

What I meant is, new subscribers always get good deals when signing up for new contracts, whereas existing subscribers who want to recontract often get lousier, if not, no deals at all. Basically they are interested in getting new pple, but not interested in keeping old ones.
    erm.....you are wrong here. i renewed my contract about a year ago and got a free wireless router, which is the same as what one would get if they are new customers.

Okay. So after a day they gave me some DNS to add. Then it's okay for a day or two. Yesterday it kaput again. THis time I removed the DNS and it works. WTF. Duh!

I've been with Pacnet for years and so far this is the 2nd time. The 1st time was due to some problem with their exchange, and the darn phone support got me checking my PC many times over and over until I slammed the phone.

vince123123
    Guests

Well I tried to renew it for two years and they said "No, we don't have any deals for recontracting" and there were deals for 2 year new subscriber.

erm.....you are wrong here. i renewed my contract about a year ago and got a free wireless router, which is the same as what one would get if they are new customers.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Well I tried to renew it for two years and they said "No, we don't have any deals for recontracting" and there were deals for 2 year new subscriber.
    It's the same for their Business Broadband as well, their customer care is like non-existence. I have PacNet Business Broadband at home and SingNet 10M plan (which I got an IBM T43 after some top-up), PacNet when I recontracted with them for another 2 years they gave me 3x128M thumbdrive only.

Come February 2007, I am going to give them the axe and made up my mind about it already.

../azul123

Not true. I recontract with them and can choose between Xbox and wireless router.

why so different? they did gave me a router when i renewed it during last year's pc show(or comex? forgot which one).

why so different? they did gave me a router when i renewed it during last year's pc show(or comex? forgot which one).

same here I recontract my pacnet but never get any freebies from them...by march next year my contract will end...so maybe change ISP.....hope there will be an offer on other ISP ..

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    Not true. I recontract with them and can choose between Xbox and wireless router.
    Knowing this infuriates me further

I don't have use for Xbox but my sons could surely use them.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Knowing this infuriates me further

I don't have use for Xbox but my sons could surely use them.

../azul123
    maybe you nv renew during the pc show or comex period?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast