Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Haze

  1. #1

    Default Haze

    Just checked the NEA website and the haze reading at 4pm was 73, the highest level for 2006. I went out at about 3.30pm around Tanjong Pagar area and after half an hour, my eyes were stinging and I had a headache. Feel really sorry for anyone who has to work outside in that all day.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Haze

    Quote Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
    Just checked the NEA website and the haze reading at 4pm was 73, the highest level for 2006. I went out at about 3.30pm around Tanjong Pagar area and after half an hour, my eyes were stinging and I had a headache. Feel really sorry for anyone who has to work outside in that all day.
    Wow, didnt realise it was that bad. Nasty!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Haze

    Quote Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
    Just checked the NEA website and the haze reading at 4pm was 73, the highest level for 2006. I went out at about 3.30pm around Tanjong Pagar area and after half an hour, my eyes were stinging and I had a headache. Feel really sorry for anyone who has to work outside in that all day.
    ya, me too, i just went to Sim Lim and back, i am sneezing all the way now...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Haze


    (Taken from my office window - Shenton Way is blurred)

    Quite a bad one today, was bright sunshine and blue skies on the way to the office this morning and after lunch the air quality took a turn for the worst.

    My throat feels irritated

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Haze

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post

    (Taken from my office window - Shenton Way is blurred)

    Quite a bad one today, was bright sunshine and blue skies on the way to the office this morning and after lunch the air quality took a turn for the worst.

    My throat feels irritated
    makes me wonder if i can sue those ppl who start the haze on my medical expenses...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Haze

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    makes me wonder if i can sue those ppl who start the haze on my medical expenses...
    The haze shld have come during the IMF/World Bank.... show the delegates what the jokers below us are using the money allocated to them for fighting deforestation..

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Haze

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    The haze shld have come during the IMF/World Bank.... show the delegates what the jokers below us are using the money allocated to them for fighting deforestation..
    makes me think again, maybe thats y the air is cleaner around that time, cos they stop cutting down trees & burn, now they are doing OT burning trees, hence the denser haze...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Haze

    The air is very dirty as well due to the haze. If it rains all the smoke and dust will come down.
    5D MII w/16-35L,Sigma 28-70&Nikkors(35f2,85f1.4,105f2.5,180f2.8ED)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •