Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1015181920212225 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 502

Thread: How to shoot banquet?

  1. #381

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    Jeanie,
    Your WB seems off leh. Bluish on skin tone. Your exposure not accurate also and became grainy. Anyone care to verify.
    all the pics or only 1 or 2?i use autoWB.tot someone said it's BERI accurate one?

    grainy cos i limit my iso to 800.

    teach me!

  2. #382
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    all the pics or only 1 or 2?i use autoWB.tot someone said it's BERI accurate one?

    grainy cos i limit my iso to 800.

    teach me!
    eh... i find them ok. some pics are under. but then again, if u use spot metering on the subject's face, then the subject will be correctly exposed, at least that is in my case becos i shoot with spot metering 80% of the time on humans...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  3. #383

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    eh... i find them ok. some pics are under. but then again, if u use spot metering on the subject's face, then the subject will be correctly exposed, at least that is in my case becos i shoot with spot metering 80% of the time on humans...

    maybe i should share how i shot some of the pics.
    i hang my d200 brick around my neck, hold it just below my bra line, agar agar point to the direction and fire.that's why certain shots are tilted.where got time to aim and fire?aiyo.

    spot metering i agree, but when you're too close to the subject and you pinpointlaser aim to the eyes, will spot metering work better than center weighted metering?

  4. #384

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    all the pics or only 1 or 2?i use autoWB.tot someone said it's BERI accurate one?

    grainy cos i limit my iso to 800.

    teach me!
    Don't use AWB. Use Cloudy.

  5. #385

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    eh... i find them ok. some pics are under. but then again, if u use spot metering on the subject's face, then the subject will be correctly exposed, at least that is in my case becos i shoot with spot metering 80% of the time on humans...
    Then you'll need to find an 18% grey spot on the people. :P

  6. #386
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    maybe i should share how i shot some of the pics.
    i hang my d200 brick around my neck, hold it just below my bra line, agar agar point to the direction and fire.that's why certain shots are tilted.where got time to aim and fire?aiyo.

    spot metering i agree, but when you're too close to the subject and you pinpointlaser aim to the eyes, will spot metering work better than center weighted metering?
    eh, in fact metering oso depends on situation.

    but i favour spot metering most oftenly. of cos ur choice might differ from mine... it all depends.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #387
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Then you'll need to find an 18% grey spot on the people. :P
    wat's tat?


    think ppl worry too much abt WB. they shud all shoot in RAW and post process.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  8. #388

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    wat's tat?


    think ppl worry too much abt WB. they shud all shoot in RAW and post process.
    guys like to say this...."WHERE GOT TIME?"

  9. #389
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Cool different ppl different stroke

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    guys like to say this...."WHERE GOT TIME?"
    dunno abt others. if shoot in jpgs, might as well get a PnS, tats wat i think at least.

    of cos, different ppl different stroke.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  10. #390
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Don't use AWB. Use Cloudy.
    Cloudy shd be gd for Angmoh and Japs cause they are very fair and therefore, it will be warmer. Not sure whether can be done for other races.

    I cannot recommend u mine cause u are using a different setup from me. I only got money to buy D70s with Sigma lens (which has blue elements).

  11. #391
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    Cloudy shd be gd for Angmoh and Japs cause they are very fair and therefore, it will be warmer. Not sure whether can be done for other races.

    I cannot recommend u mine cause u are using a different setup from me. I only got money to buy D70s with Sigma lens (which has blue elements).
    are u sure? haha

    u got canon gears too!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #392
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    AWB for me, always babe.

    anyway, i shoot in RAW, can always alter and change the color to my liking.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  13. #393
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Then you'll need to find an 18% grey spot on the people. :P
    I also go for grey zone. But sometimes, u have to decide and adjust accordingly.

    Cheese, although my screen not calibrated, I can see her pics very bluish leh. Could it be due to polarisation in temperate countries

  14. #394
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    are u sure? haha

    u got canon gears too!!!

    Yeah hoh. Forgot abt my 30D . Which side do I belong to hah. I 30D with SB800. How to classify myself, White or Dark ?

  15. #395
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Wink holiday pics only la.

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    I also go for grey zone. But sometimes, u have to decide and adjust accordingly.

    Cheese, although my screen not calibrated, I can see her pics very bluish leh. Could it be due to polarisation in temperate countries
    2 fotos, the ones on the jap gals, are cooler in tones.
    i find it ok, i dun think much of it becos these are holiday pics and not really those holiday trips where photography is the main aim(such as trips to yunnan, xinjiang etc.etc.). i think jeanie is only there for a break and these fotos are merely memories of her trip la.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #396
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    Yeah hoh. Forgot abt my 30D . Which side do I belong to hah. I 30D with SB800. How to classify myself, White or Dark ?
    sell ur 30D and all conan gears and get urself a D200.


    and get another SB800 and CLS.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  17. #397

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?



    how's this?

    straight out from d200.no ps.

  18. #398
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post


    how's this?

    straight out from d200.no ps.
    Bluish still. Eyes not focussed. In general, very acceptable.

  19. #399

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?



    this?

  20. #400

    Default Re: How to shoot banquet?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post


    how's this?

    straight out from d200.no ps.
    Hmmm i find this acceptable (screen calibrated)... especially if it is for holiday photo.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1015181920212225 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •