Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    50k or so i heard..and only 500 produced worldwide..
    Correction. 300 pcs only usd $15k at it's original release price.

orh okie...think my friend who told me tt info heard wrongly..haha
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    lailai who wants one for their birthday present?

Yes, it's remarkably expensive stuff. The headphones itself is supposed to be already $12K, so it's anybody's guess how much the system really costs.

Creative EP630
    are there other brands to recommend other than creative? i had 1 creative one but dun really like it....

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    HJe50?
    does this one has good bass? i like to listen to rock/metal, and occationally, some chinese songs like jay etc....
    what about the audio technica ATH-CK5? im quite interested in this, but dunno where to get it?
    Last edited by Zaknafein; 10th October 2006 at 05:37 PM.
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    are there other brands to recommend other than creative? i had 1 creative one but dun really like it....

does this one has good bass? i like to listen to rock/metal, and occationally, some chinese songs like jay etc....
    what about the audio technica ATH-CK5? im quite interested in this, but dunno where to get it?
    Alternatively, you can drop by Jaben at Adephi and ask for some recommendations

Stereo Electronics at Causeway point is a good place too.

Cresyn E630? Quite good but the bass is weak imho.

Koss KSC75 - headphones but after listening them you will love them. (Get it from Amazon - you will get a shock once you see the price)
    Last edited by Klose; 10th October 2006 at 06:03 PM.

haha but i hear u all go jaben = high end stuffs! i cant afford those man hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    Heheh...had a listen to those. Yes, they're nice, but my ears are not capable of handling such an expensive system.
    Well, sennheiser asia sadly doesn't have ready stock for that in the first place if i am not mistaken. No.2 Is the 30k euro price justified??? Also imagine carrying the orpheus around with the amp(hmm wheres the power supply).

Try the sennheiser px200 and sennheiser mx500. Also try out the new sports range . But forget about the style range, they fare badly as compared to the sports range in terms of sound.

In ear monitors are actually not so good when on the road. You will not be able to hear your surroundings and may cause danger to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    haha but i hear u all go jaben = high end stuffs! i cant afford those man hahaha
    I am dropping by Jaben after work tmr, picking up my amp and rca cables

Stereo Electronics has more wallet friendly stuff

hahah prolly either get the ATH-CK5, or the HJe50 that +evenstar intro haha

no la...jaben does not necessarily mean ex stuff....if you can resist the temptations after trying out the stuff
    eat. drink. shoot

hmm, does jaben sell the lower end stuffs like HJe50, ATH-CK5, etc? (must resist, must resist)

jaben only sells Alessandro, Westone, Etymotic, UE, Shure, AKG, Sennheiser, Beyer Dynamic...
    eat. drink. shoot

ohhh, okay, thankss

using ATH-CK7 currently. bang for bucks!

im currently using the CK32...my temporary headphones till i get something more expensive from AT..

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh View Post
    using ATH-CK7 currently. bang for bucks!
    Yup. Great pair of earphones. This is the one I bought in the end too. Sometimes I still find the clarity of this to be disturbing, but that's probably a good thing in itself. Some users online claim that the sound mellows down after the thing has been 'run in' for a few days. Not sure how true that really is.

Headphones produce better sound quality due to their larger drivers. It's better to use them instead of in-ears. For $120, you can get an entry level Grado SR-60 which is just about the word Amazing can describe.

If you're going for in-ears, go get those custom moulds. They cut out external sound down to really low low low levels. Without them, I'd try not to keep them stuck into my ears for long periods of time due to the imbalance of air pressure within the ear canal.

It's nothing surprising that the sound gets better with more usage. As time goes by, you'll sense that the majority of the phones do not sound too sharp or piercing. Perhaps that's what they meant by mellowing down. However, the bass should loosen up enough to give that Ooomph that you might be missing initially.

There's nothing really wrong with cheap phones. As long as the thing meets up to your expectation of sound, there's not really much to drool over. They are like camera lenses, the higher ends have better clarity and quality but do you really need them?

-

Jaben @ Adelphi, Hung Brothers @ Sim Lim and Stereo Electronics @ Woodlands are 3 places I'd recommend. They have a wide range that you try out. Have a budget, go there and find one that fits you comfortably and that you enjoy listening through those phones. Remember to bring your audio player. Meanwhile, I'm searching for Future Sonics FS-1.

-

Orpheus. It's meant to be listened to at home. The sound is amazing. It's like the Lamborghini of cars. Why would people get a Lambo when they can get a cheaper car that gets you there? Like the Cherry QQ? The answer is simple. Quality.

-

For those audio freaks out there, I suggest a gathering one day. We all meet up and share our stuffs with one another. Just don't forget to bring the alcohol swabs. I'll be bringing my entire rig there if anyone's interested.

agree with you..after trying out my westone UM1s and compared them with my sennheiser HD590, i can safely say that the HD590 beats the UM1 hands down in terms of clarity
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Ballack View Post
    For those audio freaks out there, I suggest a gathering one day. We all meet up and share our stuffs with one another. Just don't forget to bring the alcohol swabs. I'll be bringing my entire rig there if anyone's interested.

My MS-2 + LD2+ are staying at home.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast