Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 247

Thread: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    Yes, the Etymotic I tried at the shop was lovely. Instantly distinguishable from the rest, and at that time seemed to be in a class of its own. Wilson is definitely patient...during the time I was there, at least 3 or 4 other customers had already come and left. They knew what they wanted, came in to have a short listen and paid quickly.

    Mine was a bit more tricky because my ear needed some 'breaking in', and I needed to learn how to really hear the differences between the earphones.

    As mentioned, I took the AT CK7 in the end. It was the one I liked least at the beginning of testing, but wow, what a turnabout as the testing went along. I kept going back to it, liked it more and more, and eventually bought that.
    Hah! I liked that too. In fact, AT sets always look sleek and cool. My favourite is the ATH-EM7. Truthfully speaking, we all have different tastes and that being said, different headphones, earphones that suit our needs.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballack View Post
    Hah! I liked that too. In fact, AT sets always look sleek and cool. My favourite is the ATH-EM7. Truthfully speaking, we all have different tastes and that being said, different headphones, earphones that suit our needs.
    Yes, it feels good having those shiny things in my ears now. It's been a long while since I walked around while plugged into a CD player/ MP3 player and I am now reminded that this is what I used to do regularly until I started photographing heavily.

    Music and photography would mix very well, but I only worry that the earphones will make me oblivious to everything else around me, and that's dangerous.

    Sound is a difficult thing to understand, and as you say everyone will have different tastes. I definitely liked the Etymotic and the UE Super.fi 3 as well, but I can only have one pair of phones unfortunately.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Sennheiser Orpheus.

  4. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    Sennheiser Orpheus.
    you CANT afford those. LOL

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    Sennheiser Orpheus.
    Heheh...had a listen to those. Yes, they're nice, but my ears are not capable of handling such an expensive system.

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    Sound is a difficult thing to understand, and as you say everyone will have different tastes. I definitely liked the Etymotic and the UE Super.fi 3 as well, but I can only have one pair of phones unfortunately.
    Personally I have a couple to suit different music. One for jazz, another for rock, third for sound isolation. Adds up to many couples of hundred. Makes me think that I should just get one very VERY good one can liao.

  7. #67

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Enya's Sail away was great on it.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballack View Post
    Personally I have a couple to suit different music. One for jazz, another for rock, third for sound isolation. Adds up to many couples of hundred. Makes me think that I should just get one very VERY good one can liao.
    That's true...it's one way to think of it. But then again, most earphones are good at one thing or another, and using different ones for different purposes means that you can exploit their strengths.

    I presume a very good one will cover almost all bases, and a cheapy one for backup/ rough use will be all you'll need.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    Enya's Sail away was great on it.
    Yah...clarity was amazing. I could even hear when the singer was opening his mouth, or when swallowing his saliva! Even with that the output throughout the rest of the range was very nice and warm, unlike my CK7 which occasionally can sound a bit cold. Fortunately it's a lot more portable and also many times cheaper.

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Enya's Sail Away? hehe... the title is actually Orinoco Flow. It's a classic.

    Quote Originally Posted by fWord View Post
    I presume a very good one will cover almost all bases, and a cheapy one for backup/ rough use will be all you'll need.
    Almost true. But there are different sound signatures for each and suited to specific music. That's about it. Of course, high end headphones so good that even if they are suited to one, they still sound damn good to another.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    I am using a crap pair of Cresyn E630s now

    Upgrading to the Sennheiser HD280Pro and a portable amp soon

  12. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    CanonGraphers.org
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    or go for the more affordable AKG 701 :x

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballack View Post
    Almost true. But there are different sound signatures for each and suited to specific music. That's about it. Of course, high end headphones so good that even if they are suited to one, they still sound damn good to another.
    Yup...I suppose it depends on how discerning the listener is. For a person like myself I really cannot justify spending over $200 on a pair of 'phones. Although I can hear the difference I probably will not use it often enough to justify the cost. When I start working in the future I'm not even sure how often I'll get the chance to plug in.

    When I reach home I might simply want to sleep.

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,350

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    I am using a crap pair of Cresyn E630s now

    Upgrading to the Sennheiser HD280Pro and a portable amp soon
    Heheh...that's pretty expensive stuff. But if you like it a lot and wouldn't want to 'upgrade' after that for quite a few years then I'd say it's worth it. Previous pair of earbuds cost me $54 and lasted me almost 5 years. It'll still be going strong if my laptop didn't burn out one side of it.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    I got a MS-2 today.

  16. #76

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    hmmm, im interested in a pair of in-ear earphones, preferably below $50. is there any suggestions? i previously had a pair of philips in-ear earphones i bought for 40+. they were alright but now 1 side is spoilt liao (1 year only).....
    Photo Album - Photo Album

  17. #77

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    hmmm, im interested in a pair of in-ear earphones, preferably below $50. is there any suggestions? i previously had a pair of philips in-ear earphones i bought for 40+. they were alright but now 1 side is spoilt liao (1 year only).....
    Creative EP630

  18. #78
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,667

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    hmmm, im interested in a pair of in-ear earphones, preferably below $50. is there any suggestions? i previously had a pair of philips in-ear earphones i bought for 40+. they were alright but now 1 side is spoilt liao (1 year only).....
    HJe50?
    eat. drink. shoot

  19. #79

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballack View Post
    you CANT afford those. LOL
    Why not? 15k?

  20. #80
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,667

    Default Re: Earphones, Earbuds and Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    Why not? 15k?
    50k or so i heard..and only 500 produced worldwide..
    eat. drink. shoot

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •