Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 Cakes and 2 cameras

Default Re: 20 Cakes and 2 cameras

I can see you "hardworking" already setting up the back drop n stuffs.
    unless its always already there..
    I remembered I took me a few hours to get nice backdrop (I am poor too) for my water droplet shot. So find one day, you can afford the luxury of time, get a proper good shot, than do a half hearted one.

Time to come, you may get a good pic that makes everyone "wow".

Potential is there, add something like fork, a small plate with the cake.. spice up the thing.. maybe a coffee cup beside the cake, some flowers.. Just do one good one is enuff (cake pic), which may leave you with a cake to finish afterwards (due to your handling..keke). Unwrapped it, place it nicely on a plate, fork n stuffs..
    Eg#11 pic, potential with good composition, with a plate n fork complementing it, won't it b much better?

I also did try some shots with the mooncake, just that I can't unwrapped all the mooncakes out and get a decent shot, I don't bother. (I was at a hotel room lazing around, wife was sleeping)

I suppose you are at home, you can try the different setting of WB. Look at one which gives more pleasing tone. Try shoot in raw if you have not. Then adjust it before output to jpeg.
    Canon EOS 50D 24-105mm f4 L IS 70-200mm f/4 IS L 50mm f/1.8

er don't mind me saying this but if you're that lazy why bother shooting in the first place?

you can have 20 cakes and 2 cameras but none of those slices appetise me a wee bit.

if you dunno much, swallow what others have to say. then perhaps you'll learn?

you seem to like answering questions/comments (whether form you or not ) with more of your own questions and giving excuses why you did not do what we (as in people who commented) ask you to do...if so, why post it in the Critique corner and yet have a " me -no -wrong" ideallogy...P.S do not reply to this

Quote Originally Posted by schon View Post
    er don't mind me saying this but if you're that lazy why bother shooting in the first place?
    you can have 20 cakes and 2 cameras but none of those slices appetise me a wee bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    you seem to like answering questions/comments (whether form you or not ) with more of your own questions and giving excuses why you did not do what we (as in people who commented) ask you to do...if so, why post it in the Critique corner and yet have a " me -no -wrong" ideallogy...P.S do not reply to this
    So true!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Unfortunately, I don't understand why you guys have to think things in such negative manner... I asked to clarify what I don't know...
    Last edited by Youhong; 11th October 2006 at 07:55 PM.
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't understand why you guys have to think things in such negative manner... I asked to clarify what I don't know...
    then, you should spend less time trying to justifuy why were there no plates to hold the cakes, why the wrappings and plastic were not removed. Because of lousy styling, all the pictures cannot make it. Good idea, lousy execution.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by schon View Post

well said... exactly what come to my mind when he mention he is lazy to remove the plastic wrapping. He shouldnot start to shoot when he is LAZY...

i've did a food shoot lately and i was only using a 50mm f/1.8 and it turned out ok.

if you can't get close enough, crop it. make sure the angle works first. then you can do some cropping.

if you're lazy, then, shot something lazy people shoot.

exposures are completely gone. try to use additional light, with a reflector, not speedlight. the cake has to look tasty and fresh not underexposed and gross.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12