Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why would ClubSNAPers list their equipments under their signatures?

Originally posted by crazypaladin

You mean "borrow" some lens right?

Yes, borrow..... heheheh

* togu put on his ostrich suit and start digging holes....

Originally posted by Java_Guru

ooohhhh.... I see that 28-135 IS lens there....-
    Hehhe.... and I see a 17-35mm

To me, serves no purpose, which is why I don't do it. To put it in an "uglier" way, it's a bit "show off"

Regards
    CK

Have u seen painters list their brushes? Who cares what tools u use?

SHOW US THE PICTURES.

Oh I DO receive a lot of mails all over the world asking my equipment. Unfortunately, all sigmas

Originally posted by tomshen
    Oh I DO receive a lot of mails all over the world asking my equipment. Unfortunately, all sigmas

That becoz u have a whole entire web page (scroll twice on a 17 inc) on your photo equipment esp on the sigmas...

Have u seen painters list their brushes? Who cares what tools u use?

SHOW US THE PICTURES.
    Probably after looking at the pics people will want to know what tools u used for that particular pic

Why "unfortunately"? Or has the Lust hit you?

Regards
    CK

haha, ok ok, I confess if i have a 600/f4, i will list it in my signature for at least one month to let the whole WORLD know.

Originally posted by Java_Guru

Be careful else everyone will start getting the 50-500mm Sigma
    or a 2000mm???
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Originally posted by SniperD
    I guess it's good to have it around so that people knows that you have this piece of equipment and can also ask or share info about them.
    There in lies a lot of the problem.

[1] Owning equipment doesn't mean that you are qualified to speak about it.
    [2] Not owning equipment doesn't mean that you're not qualified to speak about it.

In my personal opinion, being able to speak about a certain piece of equipment is just like being able to take good photographs. Just because you own expensive equipment doesn't mean you can take a good picture, it's still down to the photographer. In this case, owning a particular piece of equipment doesn't mean you can talk about it, it all depends on the person talking, and hopefully from what he's saying his credibility or lack thereof should be obvious, rather than basing something on a list.

And what of the truly experienced people. Some people I can think of would need several pages to list the items that they have used (to a meaningful extent, I don't mean just touched in a shop). Which makes it impractical to list, does that mean that they are unqualified to speak?

Very deep Jed but insightful.

cool, I shall start listing my sticker collections... and maybe the first 3 series of Spawn figurines...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Default Re: Re: Why would ClubSNAPers list their equipments under their signatures?

Originally posted by ninelives
    wat about using a baby as a avatar? wat are u trying to tell ?
    hehheh, this is a bit OT but the baby in my avatar is not mine. i'm not even married. it's just a cute baby pix i took once...

Whether a user who list his equipment in his signature is trying to show off his stuff or use it for a different purpose as earlier explained, isn't important. I guess it doen't really matter, I mean there are some people who are genuinely keen to help others with lens reviews therefore having a small equipment list shows which user has used a particular lens before.
    Those who oppose to it should take it in their stride and treat it that the users are doing it for good and not for showing off ... unless you all want to implement a ban??

Originally posted by eug
    Whether a user who list his equipment in his signature is trying to show off his stuff or use it for a different purpose as earlier explained, isn't important. I guess it doen't really matter, I mean there are some people who are genuinely keen to help others with lens reviews therefore having a small equipment list shows which user has used a particular lens before.
    Those who oppose to it should take it in their stride and treat it that the users are doing it for good and not for showing off ... unless you all want to implement a ban??
    ok lah, sigs can put anything as long not offensive, and not too long like those family trees in HWZ
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Originally posted by denizenx

ok lah, sigs can put anything as long not offensive, and not too long like those family trees in HWZ
    those in HWZ is worst...with female photo that are almost naked....my parents tot i am surfing xxx site.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Originally posted by Jed

There in lies a lot of the problem.

[1] Owning equipment doesn't mean that you are qualified to speak about it.
    [2] Not owning equipment doesn't mean that you're not qualified to speak about it.

In my personal opinion, being able to speak about a certain piece of equipment is just like being able to take good photographs. Just because you own expensive equipment doesn't mean you can take a good picture, it's still down to the photographer. In this case, owning a particular piece of equipment doesn't mean you can talk about it, it all depends on the person talking, and hopefully from what he's saying his credibility or lack thereof should be obvious, rather than basing something on a list.

And what of the truly experienced people. Some people I can think of would need several pages to list the items that they have used (to a meaningful extent, I don't mean just touched in a shop). Which makes it impractical to list, does that mean that they are unqualified to speak?
    Very insigthful. Very agreeable.

Originally posted by Wai

those in HWZ is worst...with female photo that are almost naked....my parents tot i am surfing xxx site.

Sin
    Guests

Originally posted by Wai

And what's wrong with surfing xxx site (other than the fact that they are theorectically banned in S'pore)?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast