Thread: Problem with my 420ex

Default Problem with my 420ex

I have just bought the 420ex

I would like to check with anyone of you have this symtom. When flash is not attach to yor hot shoe, and it is turn on does the E-TTL led light up.....?

When u use the flash with your cam, does the focal length led indicate when u zoom in or out....?

When it is attach to my cam i zoom in, the led always show 50
    but my cam max zoom is 105mm. I put to Av mode, no matter wat aperture i set, the shutter speed is always 1/60.

Can anyone help me with this, I'm using a G2
    Thanks

Yah, the flash head shd zoom in or out when you zoom your lens. Shd not remain at 50. You may have some probs with your contacts. Try clean the flash contact and the hot shoe with some cotton swab dipped in alcohol or lens cleaner.

If your contacts are dirty then yoy may not even get proper flash metering.

Originally posted by kraterz
    Yah, the flash head shd zoom in or out when you zoom your lens. Shd not remain at 50. You may have some probs with your contacts. Try clean the flash contact and the hot shoe with some cotton swab dipped in alcohol or lens cleaner.

If your contacts are dirty then yoy may not even get proper flash metering.

Clean already stiil the same.
    This time when i til the flash down it shows 70

Hi,

the auto indication of your focal length on the 420EX will only show when you tilt the flash head DOWN (90 degrees). If you tilt the head up (as in to bounce) the focal length indication will not work and will only stay @ 50mm

For the Av mode, set your flash to high power (the switch on the top right side) you should be able to set your shutter speed to higher speeds.

Cheerz!

er, actually, the H stands for high speed sync and SniperD is rite, it will allow the flash to be triggered at shutter speeds higher than your G2's sync speed.