Thread: Pls Help!!! D50 LCD screen problem

Default Pls Help!!! D50 LCD screen problem

Hi brothers, I need your help to advise me what went wrong with my Nikon D50 LCD screen.

After taking a few hundred indoor shots, I could see on the LCD screen some parts (white color area) of the pictures that I've taken, starts to flicker black in color. I am totally clueless what went wrong. I have taken out the battery, reload it and still getting the flickering on some parts of white tone on the pictures.

Could any of the brothers here advise me what went wrong. Thanks.

Default Re: Pls Help!!! D50 LCD screen problem

Quote Originally Posted by tengcc View Post
    Hi brothers, I need your help to advise me what went wrong with my Nikon D50 LCD screen.

After taking a few hundred indoor shots, I could see on the LCD screen some parts (white color area) of the pictures that I've taken, starts to flicker black in color. I am totally clueless what went wrong. I have taken out the battery, reload it and still getting the flickering on some parts of white tone on the pictures.

Could any of the brothers here advise me what went wrong. Thanks.
    Hi,

Check that you have not accidentally set the image review to "Highlights" mode; see
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond50/page8.asp

read ur manual please

Quote Originally Posted by ah.zeep View Post
    Hi,

Check that you have not accidentally set the image review to "Highlights" mode; see
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond50/page8.asp
    yup, think u just need to press up or down a few times on the directional pad to get out of the highlight mode.

Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    yup, think u just need to press up or down a few times on the directional pad to get out of the highlight mode.
    Thanks bro, sorry as I panic being a newbie. thanks for all yr advice. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by tengcc View Post
    Thanks bro, sorry as I panic being a newbie. thanks for all yr advice. Cheers.
    Next time just read the manual.
    You can find lot of info or error code in it.

If you look at the screen, there is a message at the bottom, telling you you have gone to the highlights screen. Just need to push up or down to scroll through the different screen. The highlights page is quite useful, as it tells me where is the highlighted loss of details in the image is.

Relax, and just play around with your menu, screens and settings and you will learn more about your camera. I also bought a book called the Nikon D50 guide which is quite handy reading material, at Kinokuniya.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    If you look at the screen, there is a message at the bottom, telling you you have gone to the highlights screen. Just need to push up or down to scroll through the different screen. The highlights page is quite useful, as it tells me where is the highlighted loss of details in the image is.

Relax, and just play around with your menu, screens and settings and you will learn more about your camera. I also bought a book called the Nikon D50 guide which is quite handy reading material, at Kinokuniya.

Thanks bro for yr help. Noted.

cheers!!