Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51

Thread: Vancouver

  1. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Stayed at Barclay hotel twice. Quite centralised and clean. Try to stay on the upper floor. However, if you are going to do alot of shopping, it is going to be hassle when you leave because there are no lifts. Ground floor near back alley : the other time, I heard a police car go by in the middle of the night. A little scary! The windows don't have grills.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    Stayed at Barclay hotel twice. Quite centralised and clean. Try to stay on the upper floor. However, if you are going to do alot of shopping, it is going to be hassle when you leave because there are no lifts. Ground floor near back alley : the other time, I heard a police car go by in the middle of the night. A little scary! The windows don't have grills.
    Wooo... Thanks for the advice! Not gonna do much shopping, its a budget trip for me... Jus taking a break and to visit someone

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Enjoy yourself!

  4. #44

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    Enjoy yourself!
    Thank you! I am sure I will

  5. #45

    Default Re: Vancouver

    i think the best time for us to visit would be in middle of september or end of the year. that is in their summer where its cool to walk around without sweating much like here. or going for skiing trip.

    I was there recently. Really love the place. Stayed in Richmond for first few days..more quiet place and mainly for the retired kinda feeling. But Steveston is a place you should visit and eat their fish and chips. =) Go for PAJOS! and whale watch. But I think the time you go, Whale watching is already halted due to the cold. Its getting pretty cold when i left 2/10/06 which is quite receny. I got back less then a week ago...so sad.

    Grouse is nothing much after you go to the rockies. Just a plain tourist attraction area. If you drive, I think Cypress might be a better choice (I didnt go there as I didnt drive. But a canadian actually told me that). Go to lynn canyon instead of Capilano suspension as its about the same. Do visit the Salmon hatchery at North Capilano road, looking at the salmon chiong up is really interesting.

    Stanley park is another place of interest.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltan
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltan2
    Take a look. The place is lovely. But its really going to be cold in the coming days. Do bring enough clothes.

    Regards,
    tltan

  6. #46

    Default Re: Vancouver

    oh. would like to recommend Comfort Inn and Suites at North Capilano too. A very short trip from downtown, through stanley park and lion's gate bridge to reach. Therefore about 10 min from downtown. But cheap, and good. =)

    Regards,
    tltan

  7. #47

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by precious.jas View Post
    Wooo... Thanks for the advice! Not gonna do much shopping, its a budget trip for me... Jus taking a break and to visit someone
    no need to be ... Vancouver is a beautiful place to visit 3 seasons out of 4. Autumn can be really nice. Since you are staying along Robson, do go for a walk in Stanley Park
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  8. #48

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    no need to be ... Vancouver is a beautiful place to visit 3 seasons out of 4. Autumn can be really nice. Since you are staying along Robson, do go for a walk in Stanley Park
    I agree. =) And biking the seawall or rollerblading is another thrill. I accidentally walked the seawall...and it was endless with my minitrekker and tripod....literally endlessly tired. =p But didnt sweat much as it was cool!

  9. #49

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by tltan View Post
    i think the best time for us to visit would be in middle of september or end of the year. that is in their summer where its cool to walk around without sweating much like here. or going for skiing trip.

    I was there recently. Really love the place. Stayed in Richmond for first few days..more quiet place and mainly for the retired kinda feeling. But Steveston is a place you should visit and eat their fish and chips. =) Go for PAJOS! and whale watch. But I think the time you go, Whale watching is already halted due to the cold. Its getting pretty cold when i left 2/10/06 which is quite receny. I got back less then a week ago...so sad.

    Grouse is nothing much after you go to the rockies. Just a plain tourist attraction area. If you drive, I think Cypress might be a better choice (I didnt go there as I didnt drive. But a canadian actually told me that). Go to lynn canyon instead of Capilano suspension as its about the same. Do visit the Salmon hatchery at North Capilano road, looking at the salmon chiong up is really interesting.

    Stanley park is another place of interest.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltan
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltan2
    Take a look. The place is lovely. But its really going to be cold in the coming days. Do bring enough clothes.

    Regards,
    tltan
    Hey tltan,

    Nice pics there! Really nice places...

    Yea, have to bring extra clothings or I'll get spank! Hahahha...

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by tltan View Post
    i think the best time for us to visit would be in middle of september or end of the year. that is in their summer where its cool to walk around without sweating much like here. or going for skiing trip.

    I was there recently. Really love the place. Stayed in Richmond for first few days..more quiet place and mainly for the retired kinda feeling. But Steveston is a place you should visit and eat their fish and chips. =) Go for PAJOS! and whale watch. But I think the time you go, Whale watching is already halted due to the cold. Its getting pretty cold when i left 2/10/06 which is quite receny. I got back less then a week ago...so sad.

    Grouse is nothing much after you go to the rockies. Just a plain tourist attraction area. If you drive, I think Cypress might be a better choice (I didnt go there as I didnt drive. But a canadian actually told me that). Go to lynn canyon instead of Capilano suspension as its about the same. Do visit the Salmon hatchery at North Capilano road, looking at the salmon chiong up is really interesting.

    Stanley park is another place of interest.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltan
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tltan2
    Take a look. The place is lovely. But its really going to be cold in the coming days. Do bring enough clothes.

    Regards,
    tltan
    i was actually sad when i watched the salmons trying to leap back.. it's said that salmons go back to the place(s) where they're born to give birth to the next generation, and then pass on themselves.

    btw thanks for sharing the photos
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

  11. #51

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by furrycake View Post
    i was actually sad when i watched the salmons trying to leap back.. it's said that salmons go back to the place(s) where they're born to give birth to the next generation, and then pass on themselves.

    btw thanks for sharing the photos
    no problem at all. I dont think i managed to capture any good pics through the glass of the fish hatchery though. But the tremendous effort is commendable.

    Enjoy your trip there!

    Regards,
    tltan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •