Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Vancouver

  1. #1

    Default Vancouver

    Anyone been there? Which is the cheapest airline to go with? Thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    301

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by precious.jas View Post
    Anyone been there? Which is the cheapest airline to go with? Thanks
    To my knowledge, cheapest fares are usually from Northwest or UA. But personally, I'd rather take SQ or Cathay. SQ has offers for 2-to-go (2 pax at SGD 3,548.00 incl taxes) with no mileage accrual. Cathay recently had some promotions for self-drive and free-n-easy, but I can't remember their prices now. Had I known earlier, I would have invited you to join me for my autumn trip next month.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Right now NWA $959 excluding taxes and surcharge..

  4. #4

    Default Re: Vancouver

    I'm going on 16th. Alone. So I dont get the enjoy 2-to-go promotion. Checked with my travel agent friend, cheapest is China Airlines. Luckily I'm going alone, cos coming back mostly are full!!!

    Plus tax total is $1337...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by precious.jas View Post
    I'm going on 16th.
    Precious one .... this holiday is long overdue for you ..... have a nice trip.
    waiting to see nice nice images from you ....
    always the Light, .... always.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Vancouver is a beautiful city. Weather now can be a little bit iffy though.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  7. #7

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Hey there... I am actually from Vancouver....very nice city.. although.. not so smart to go now.. its fall...so rainy season..its going to be raining all the time...

    but yeah.. i came from vancouver to singapore with cathay pacific.. but it is quite expensive... but i took it cuz it went through Hong Kong...

    try asking Singapore Airlines... i heard its cheaper.. it goes through Korea, i believe
    Last edited by tdubs; 1st October 2006 at 12:41 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by tdubs View Post
    Hey there... I am actually from Vancouver....very nice city.. although.. not so smart to go now.. its fall...so rainy season..its going to be raining all the time...

    but yeah.. i came from vancouver to singapore with cathay pacific.. but it is quite expensive... but i took it cuz it went through Hong Kong...

    try asking Singapore Airlines... i heard its cheaper.. it goes through Korea, i believe
    hi tdubs, hope you are enjoying yrself in singapore thus far.

    will you be able to advise the best months to visit canada, i'm looking at canadian rockies next year. Also, from canada to Alaska, approx what's the cost like.

    Thanks in advance.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by tdubs View Post
    Hey there... I am actually from Vancouver....very nice city.. although.. not so smart to go now.. its fall...so rainy season..its going to be raining all the time...

    but yeah.. i came from vancouver to singapore with cathay pacific.. but it is quite expensive... but i took it cuz it went through Hong Kong...

    try asking Singapore Airlines... i heard its cheaper.. it goes through Korea, i believe
    Aiya.. Expensive airlines
    I shd be going with China Airlines despites the stupid lay over in Taipei
    So, October is rainy season???

  10. #10

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Precious one .... this holiday is long overdue for you ..... have a nice trip.
    waiting to see nice nice images from you ....
    Hee.. Yea.. Hope we have time to do a shoot during my stay... Shd be able to

  11. #11

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by precious.jas View Post
    Aiya.. Expensive airlines
    I shd be going with China Airlines despites the stupid lay over in Taipei
    So, October is rainy season???

    rainy season starts in september.. and goes all over december haha... and it gettting colder and colder now... but if you are lucky enough.. you will get some sunny days...

    remember to bring thicker clothinig..

  12. #12

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by tdubs View Post
    rainy season starts in september.. and goes all over december haha... and it gettting colder and colder now... but if you are lucky enough.. you will get some sunny days...

    remember to bring thicker clothinig..
    Hee.. Okok.. Thanks for the info. Friend's gonna bring me up to the mountain to see snow! If there is...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Sure hv one. blardy cold place. may even see snow in summer in the mountains.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Exclamation Re: Vancouver

    I have been there. In fact, I spent five years there. Did my college and university studies there. It is a fantastic place. Take a ferry to Victoria whilst you are there.It is another good place to visit.If time permits, take a bus to Seattle too.
    Last edited by dancemania; 1st October 2006 at 08:21 PM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by precious.jas View Post
    Aiya.. Expensive airlines
    I shd be going with China Airlines despites the stupid lay over in Taipei
    So, October is rainy season???
    what is the flight time to Vancouver by China Airlines? and what about the departure and arrival times? I checked the nwa timing, all very odd timing, departing at 6-7am, then arrive at around midnight in sg.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    I have been there. In fact, I spent five years there. Did my college and university studies there. It is a fantastic place. Take a ferry to Victoria whilst you are there.It is another good place to visit.If time permits, take a bus to Seattle too.
    Yea, we'll drive to Seattle.. 2hrs drive.. He drives there quite often

  17. #17

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    what is the flight time to Vancouver by China Airlines? and what about the departure and arrival times? I checked the nwa timing, all very odd timing, departing at 6-7am, then arrive at around midnight in sg.
    Err.. I forgotten the timing cos the slip's with my friend. I think if I remember correctly, reach SG about late afternoon...

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Vancouver

    been there... the time should be -15 hours our time.. cant ask for a better weather and place to breathe fresh air. take time off to go to the parks and granvole island which you can see the icy mountains (forgot how to spell )

    try to take Cathay.. you wont want to take a crappy airline to go such a faraway place.. im talking about more than 20 hrs of flight!

    not a place to shop but defintely to chill out and great sightseeing. happy holiday!
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

  19. #19

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Been to vancouver quite a few times and each time the weather have been nice except for one winter where they have a freak winter storm.
    11" of snow i think..the whole city came to a standstill.

    yeah, go up the mountains. Grouse, Whistler and Blackcomb.
    and go walk the Capilano suspension bridge.. nice experience.
    Last edited by Lenscapes; 2nd October 2006 at 01:58 PM.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Vancouver

    Don't forget the food. Vancouver has some of the best Chinese food in the world.

    What is good, you may ask. It depends, but one word will always work - Salmon.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •