Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buy/Sell is now split into three sections

Default Re: Buy/Sell is now split into three sections

I agree with the rest on the splitting of the Buy and Sell sections. However Darren mentioned that the Sell ads outnumbers the Buy ads 10x so I think the old format is fine. Maybe just improve the search capabalities.

we should have a poll after 1 or 2 weeks of trying out.
    Still trying to get use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    fine by me.

y not at the end of the trial period, members get to try another format such as a buy section and a sell section?

splitting into brands is a no no from me.
    there're many newbies out there who do not know wat is a tokina to a tamron let alone a casio and a leica.
    I don't think it's feasible to split into small porportional brand like Leica etc (don't think it can spilt into more than 4 or 5 sub brand forums), but for Tamron and Tokina, they should follow the specific mount (like Nikon and Canon), so it shouldn't be any problem.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Hi,

With this new format of the BnS sections and other changes to the Marketplace forums - can the RSS feed for the marketplace forums (http://forums.clubsnap.org/clubsnap_buysell_rss.php) be updated - this feed is still only pulling forum IDs 19,20 and 28.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    The other suggestion of splitting into brands is good, but that will result in an explosion of sub-sections which will probably make browsing even more difficult.
    It won't be if it's only 3 or at most 4 sections. Canon, Nikon and Other cameras & Accessories as was suggested by someone

The new system does not work for me as well - searching using the "new posts" button is not a replacement for a brand segregated subforum. You still get a lot of "clutter" and end up having to navigate more forums

If only the "New Posts" search can search for brand specific posts eg "New Canon Buy/Sell" posts that will be great

I'd like to add my vote to just a Buy/Sell split ...

another suggestion is to delete all the 'Closed Thread' as it really a eye sore as when we stroll we tend to click on it and find it to be closed
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    another suggestion is to delete all the 'Closed Thread' as it really a eye sore as when we stroll we tend to click on it and find it to be closed
    I wouldn't suggest deleting closed threads as they are a good source of reference e.g check on my previous B&S or discussions. Anyway, it's rather easy to know if a thread is closed; just look at the icon beside the thread - it comes with a 'lock'. If you are not into reading closed threads, just don't click it. Simple

supportive of the older format as well

I dont like current split format. should just split into two Major sections: one for WTS, another for WTB, enough.

maybe should ask all CSer to vote and decide.

I agree that many CSers do not really come to Buy&Sell with something in mind... just browsing around and see if there's anything interesting to pick up. So now instead of searching for one, I've to go to all the three segments to check out... very tedious...

The suggestion to go back to the one forum for Buy&Sell but improve on the search facility is very good. Sometimes I want to seach for a Nikon F5 and type in "F5". Sorry... search impossible because string is too short... so I type "Nikon F5" and ALL the Nikon stuff come up... making the search quite useless....

So if we can improve on the search function and have the old format back, it'll be a perfect world.

I think the mods are doing a great job thinking of improvements, regardless of whether it works well or not. It takes effort and courage to tweak something that's already so popular, so great job there!

Deregistered

for 3 section split.

for Buy and Sell split.

Still don't like 3 section so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I agree that many CSers do not really come to Buy&Sell with something in mind... just browsing around and see if there's anything interesting to pick up. So now instead of searching for one, I've to go to all the three segments to check out... very tedious...

So if we can improve on the search function and have the old format back, it'll be a perfect world.
    I think the mods are doing a great job thinking of improvements, regardless of whether it works well or not. It takes effort and courage to tweak something that's already so popular, so great job there!
    yup!! +1
    Just thread shopping.
    When the BBB virus attacks ya, ya know there's something to buy but just dunno watz it.
    Just upgrade body or maybe just git another lens or etc etc
    I have to support just the two party system of WTB & WTS.

Appreciate the effort. But split into 3?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123