Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buy/Sell is now split into three sections

Default Re: Buy/Sell is now split into three sections

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    like most, prefer to split into Buy, and Sell section, or Major Brands specifically.
    AGREE with that. its much much better this way.

good effort... but would prefer a separate buy and sell....

cheers...
    flickr me....
    exposure medium: 30% film, 70% sensor

Deregistered

how about "want to trade"?

juz my tot.

Spliting into three sections making browsing not so fun. Have to visit (many clicks) on the three seperate sub-sections for photography items...

Yeah...and buy and sell seperate sections might be better.
    DR KOH KHO KING

I was wondering, if we would see buyers/sellers posting in all the 3 different threads for a single item. This will definately increase the chance of selling/ buying since people most prob wil view all 3 b/s thread at the same time.

If thats the case, it juz makes things more messy defeats the purpose of having 3 dedicated differrent b/s threads.

Still, we should give some time to see hw the current system goes...juz my opinion, would still prefer a seperate BUY and a SELL thread.

i do see some "repeated" thread overlapping in the sections.
    not used to it, prefer the old 1.

Thanks for all the hard effort, but I think this way is not as efficient. A simple Want To Sell and Want To Buy split will be much more efficient IMO.

I too have noticed a bit of overlapping.

Agree with the rest, split Buy and Sell into 2 separate forums is better

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. The rationale behind the split into categories is to make locating items much easier.

We did consider just having a Buy section and a Sell section, but stats show that Sell ads outnumber the Buy ads by more than 10x, thus splitting it into just these two sections will not solve the main complaint of the old Buy/Sell section which was the sheer number of posts in the forum which resulted in lower visibility/exposure of the items advertised.

The other suggestion of splitting into brands is good, but that will result in an explosion of sub-sections which will probably make browsing even more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. The rationale behind the split into categories is to make locating items much easier.

We did consider just having a Buy section and a Sell section, but stats show that Sell ads outnumber the Buy ads by more than 10x, thus splitting it into just these two sections will not solve the main complaint of the old Buy/Sell section which was the sheer number of posts in the forum which resulted in lower visibility/exposure of the items advertised.

The other suggestion of splitting into brands is good, but that will result in an explosion of sub-sections which will probably make browsing even more difficult.
    if other types of splits are not really practical... IMHO, the old format works just fine.

Well, I think spliting into different brands will not cause most users much difficulties, as not many people own multiple brands of products/system.
    Probably splitting Canon and Nikon into seperaated forum would make a lot of differences already.
    Last edited by zcf; 30th September 2006 at 10:02 PM.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Blog Entries

Post Re: Buy/Sell is now split into three sections

Here's a workaround.

The New Posts in the navigation bar has been modified to provide a dropdown menu to make the following searches :-

a) New Posts in last 24 hours - all posts except Buy/Sell sections from last 24 hours
    b) New Buy/Sell posts - all new Buy/Sell posts since last visit (limited to 500 results for performance)
    c) New Marketplace posts - all new posts in Consumers Corner, MO/MS, Services since last visit (limited to 500 results for performance)
    d) New Equipment Discussion posts - all new posts in the Equipment Discussion sections since last visit (limited to 500 results for performance)
    e) New Photo Gallery posts - all new posts in the Photo Galleries sections since last visit (limited to 500 results for performance)

Lets give the new layout a chance and if it really doesn't work, then we will look at revamping it.

seperate buy and sell or create a new B/S sub-forum catergory so the sub-forum search excludes results from consumer offer, mass orders and sevices.
    Last edited by kiama; 30th September 2006 at 10:32 PM.

Honest feedback: the 3 way split does not work; one big mess works better.

Maybe can split Canon/Nikon/Others instead?

still dun take to the new 3 split.

the older format is fine. this new format jus dun seem to work.

y dun we haf a trial period of say 3days for each suggested system?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

if not splitting between Buy & Sell... then go back to the one big amalgamated B&S sub-forum better...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    still dun take to the new 3 split.

the older format is fine. this new format jus dun seem to work.

y dun we haf a trial period of say 3days for each suggested system?
    Please try out the new search options under the New Posts menu in the navigation bar.

And, we can consider this a trial period for the new format but lets extend it to one month. If at the end of this trial period, majority of members still feel that the 3-way split does not work, we will go back to the single unified forum (we are not considering splitting into brands for now).

for the effort, admin

Probably admin did that baring in my that people comes to B&S with specific thing(s) to look for
    Not to my surprise, alot of users spend more time "browsing" the B&S with nothing really in mind, see if there's good bargain then quickly grab, rite?
    hence the preference of spliting buy and sell and not to further categorize the item

my 2 cents worth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kiama View Post
    seperate buy and sell or create a new B/S sub-forum catergory so the sub-forum search excludes results from consumer offer, mass orders and sevices.
    Please check out the new search options under New Posts menu in navigation bar.

Please try out the new search options under the New Posts menu in the navigation bar.

And, we can consider this a trial period for the new format but lets extend it to one month. If at the end of this trial period, majority of members still feel that the 3-way split does not work, we will go back to the single unified forum (we are not considering splitting into brands for now).
    fine by me.

y not at the end of the trial period, members get to try another format such as a buy section and a sell section?

splitting into brands is a no no from me.
    there're many newbies out there who do not know wat is a tokina to a tamron let alone a casio and a leica.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast