Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sigma 70-300 mm

Default Re: Sigma 70-300 mm

This lens is value for money. Jus contributing some pics to futhur "poison" you..hehe

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=214417

Quote Originally Posted by rhealk View Post
    Thanks guys and gals for all your valuable opinion and comment.

Jz got my D70s yesterday and the kit lens came along really not good enough for me. I want to zoom zoom and zoooommmmmmmm so I think so far my conclusion is I will bought it, since it was said as 'value buy'.

Yup, I think I pretty agree with midicity that this is a day len. Provided with my skill now, even the kit len of D70s (18-70mm) already nearly become 'day len' liao! Huh, it's nearly as half lifeless if without SB 800, esp indoor.

Thanks to you janzguy81 for the sharing. Oh, you make me feel like want to go to zoo right now (I like your sexy bear..). I tried with my cat this morning but seems like my cat shall live in the zoo with the monkeys..

One more issue... if (did you saw the word IF here) I can't get any Sigma 70-300mm, can I get it in Nikon's brand? Well, I'm in a small town where people look at you with very very VERY funny look when you ask for a zoom lens like 70-300mm (actually they already look at you like that when you ask for a D70s, examine you from head to toe, esp if you're still in early twenties) and so far I only saw one 'bigger' camera shop here with a few ancient film lens and one AF Nikon 70-300mm. I doubt if the ppl here ever heard of 'Sigma'. So (after so much nagging) if I can't find Sigma here (poor me!) will Nikon AF 70-300 will do?
    don find any thing weird personally... a lot of people <20 are holding dSLR here (including me )
    Do note that the newer Nikon 70-300ED is about 600+ iirc... its the older one that is priced 200-300+, but im not sure if it is still in production. Most camera shop should know about Sigma/Tamron/Tokina, they are pretty old brand...

and yes what setting were you using with ur d70s and 18-70? this setup should be able to give you some decent shots under good control in indoor lighting unless it is very dim...

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    don find any thing weird personally... a lot of people <20 are holding dSLR here (including me )
    Do note that the newer Nikon 70-300ED is about 600+ iirc... its the older one that is priced 200-300+, but im not sure if it is still in production. Most camera shop should know about Sigma/Tamron/Tokina, they are pretty old brand...

and yes what setting were you using with ur d70s and 18-70? this setup should be able to give you some decent shots under good control in indoor lighting unless it is very dim...
    Hi Explorer,

Oh, really? You're so young! I tot ur a senior citizen..(kiddin! Seriously! )

Haha, here, in not so well developed town, I shall say we're a bit behind in eveything. No much afford to buy or no much youngster like photography. Envy you ler!

Well, I have no much issue with lighting and now still busy experimenting with decent setup for me. I like total manual control so far, wow, they can make excelent pics!

Probably I'll buy the old model one, not the one with VR. Hope I can get it

Quote Originally Posted by glay78 View Post
    This lens is value for money. Jus contributing some pics to futhur "poison" you..hehe

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=214417
    Oh, your poison is really potent... I think my family is gonna to kill me for second time soon..

Wow, those pics are SO Nice! Jz like it!

Is your's 70-300mm? Nikon? Sigma? Mind to share bit of your setup?

Oh, your poison is really potent... I think my family is gonna to kill me for second time soon..

Wow, those pics are SO Nice! Jz like it!

Is your's 70-300mm? Nikon? Sigma? Mind to share bit of your setup?
    My noob setup with the pictures
    Nikon D70s
    Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro
    All taken w/o flash and handheld

Hi Explorer,

Oh, really? You're so young! I tot ur a senior citizen..(kiddin! Seriously! )

Haha, here, in not so well developed town, I shall say we're a bit behind in eveything. No much afford to buy or no much youngster like photography. Envy you ler!

Well, I have no much issue with lighting and now still busy experimenting with decent setup for me. I like total manual control so far, wow, they can make excelent pics!

Probably I'll buy the old model one, not the one with VR. Hope I can get it
    70-300 sigma is a good tele lens to start with.
    but don count it too much for macro shot... it doesn't gives the sharpness like those real macro lenses.
    not to poison you, but here are some shots i took using this lens with my d50... nothing fantastic since im not a fantastic shooter as well.
    http://hkchew.multiply.com/photos/album/80

Quote Originally Posted by glay78 View Post
    My noob setup with the pictures
    Nikon D70s
    Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro
    All taken w/o flash and handheld
    Oh... great.. now all the shops here gotta to receive yet another call asking

"you got sigma 70-300 there? Ar? Sigma! SiiiGMAAAAA!.. Bor ah? Howbout Nikon one? "

Oh, thanks for your kind sharing!

70-300 sigma is a good tele lens to start with.
    but don count it too much for macro shot... it doesn't gives the sharpness like those real macro lenses.
    not to poison you, but here are some shots i took using this lens with my d50... nothing fantastic since im not a fantastic shooter as well.
    http://hkchew.multiply.com/photos/album/80
    Fuh... how come u guys all soooo ? So TEMPTING!! Hey, I like your leopard ler! (Anyway is it?) So sexy pose! My cat gotta to suffer tonight.. hehe, going to make her pose like that

i took shots with the older sigma 70-300 non DG model.. some shots after i first bought it some time ago here. http://metallilan.multiply.com/photos/album/42

Fuh... how come u guys all soooo ? So TEMPTING!! Hey, I like your leopard ler! (Anyway is it?) So sexy pose! My cat gotta to suffer tonight.. hehe, going to make her pose like that
    eh what leopard? haha don see other album la... my arrangement messy one... some with 80-200, some with sigma 70-300... but anyway if you talking about the leopard spreading out on the log, iirc that was with sigma 70-300.. (haven get my 80-200)... if not that one, i dono liao

Quote Originally Posted by metallilan View Post
    i took shots with the older sigma 70-300 non DG model.. some shots after i first bought it some time ago here. http://metallilan.multiply.com/photos/album/42
    Oh.. jz saw your pics.. uh oh.. I guess I can't sleep again tonight... my head will be spinning with 70-300... 70-300... 70-300... and i can imagine a voice.. "Walau eh? How much u spend again for that long balck thing? Can eat ar?"

Btw, can't imagine u all so young! Jz saw ut profile.. huh, hope u won't mind but ur avatar made me tot ur an uncle at first asight.. anyway nice to meet u all!

Anyway now u not longer using it ar? Y?

eh what leopard? haha don see other album la... my arrangement messy one... some with 80-200, some with sigma 70-300... but anyway if you talking about the leopard spreading out on the log, iirc that was with sigma 70-300.. (haven get my 80-200)... if not that one, i dono liao
    Ya ya it's tat one, spreading on the log. Haha, my cat gonna to hate you for that

Oh.. jz saw your pics.. uh oh.. I guess I can't sleep again tonight... my head will be spinning with 70-300... 70-300... 70-300... and i can imagine a voice.. "Walau eh? How much u spend again for that long balck thing? Can eat ar?"

Btw, can't imagine u all so young! Jz saw ut profile.. huh, hope u won't mind but ur avatar made me tot ur an uncle at first asight.. anyway nice to meet u all!

hes using... im 1/2 1/2... if not that much in the mood i just carry my 70-300, else 80-200 the way to go

hes using... im 1/2 1/2... if not that much in the mood i just carry my 70-300, else 80-200 the way to go
    Hmm.. You all really willing to invest for the sake of photography..

Jz wait till I get my bazooka (70-300)! haha..

Anyway thanks and hope to learn more from you all.

And glad to be among those who have the same passion for photography!

Not using it? Lol i just bought that lens many weeks back

Quote Originally Posted by metallilan View Post
    Not using it? Lol i just bought that lens many weeks back
    Opppss, so desu ka...

Hmm, that's great. at least I'm not the only one who looking for that kind of lens.

Sure you have enjoyable time playing with your bazooka..

Deregistered

Let me help with a bit of posion....

sorry for the tiny photo...
    Last edited by westwest1; 4th October 2006 at 10:52 PM.

Took this today..dont' mind me posting. Sigma 70-300 Apo Macro Super II, the older non-dg model.

Click for full size.

I also have the lens. Value for money lens.

Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    Let me help with a bit of posion....

sorry for the tiny photo...
    Pheeweeeet, small pic but sweet gal...
    Haha, all you poison have spread to the whole town, now all the shops are busy giving me quotation. Thanks to all you for sharing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast