View Poll Results: Are you OK by lending you camera gear out? If Yes, how long will you lend?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, my camera gears are my precious, they are not for lending.

39 27.08%
  • Yes, but to very good friends only, and only my lower end gear, my precious are not for lending.

32 22.22%
  • Yes, any of my gears, but to very good friends only.

68 47.22%
  • Yes, any friends of my can borrow my gears.

10 6.94%
  • I donít have problem by lending my gears for more than a few weeks.

7 4.86%
  • I donít have problem by lending my gears for more than a few days.

9 6.25%
  • I feel uneasy by lending my gears for more than a day.

10 6.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How important are your camera gear, will you lend it to your friend?

Default Re: How important are your camera gear, will you lend it to your friend?

Once i lend my dcompact to a friend and when i got it back, it's damp and sticky, maybe she spilled soft drinks on it, and there is a big fingerprint on the lense. So angry that time. Few weeks later she asked me whether i can lend her again! No choice but lied to her that i sold my camera.

Default Re: How important are your camera gear, will you lend it to your friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    lend b4... some still with them... if they are gone, so be it, but i won't lend things thats over 1k in value nowadays...

got lend lenses like 28-75 f2.8, 70-300 or the 5600 flash to strangers whom i only met once or twice.

to me, i give trust in everyone, since i believe 人自出,性本善。 but if u take my trust for granted, i just forsake u... simple as that, since i already forsaken quite a few in CS already... haha...
    Wasted, shldn't have upgraded my Dynax dat time.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

I only lend to people whom i know will take care of it and know how to use it.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

I only lend it to my wife!!!

Passing it to a friend to help me take my couple photos can
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

For me, depends on my personal relationship with the other person.

to those whom you can trust and that they know if anything should happen to it, no one is responsibile for it but they themselves

Well there was once at a fashion shoot, I met a totally stanger who was using a 70-200mm f4 USM and he spotted my 70-200 f2.8 atalk to me for a while and ask for exchange to test it out... without thinking much, I took out my lens exchange with him and use his 70-200 f4...

but still on alert that in case he run away...(I think he also cannot run fast lah... lugging a heavy lens and camera plus flash...) but I think to myself, if he want to run also can lah.. I kinda like his lens.. so new / mint and light and easier to handle... mine already quite a old lens liao... value must be quite balance up lah...

anyone want to change with me? a new 70-200mm f4 to and well use 70-200 f2.8.. ha ha..
    Leica M4P/ M2 / Summarit 35mm f2.5 / Summicron C40mm f2 / Kobalux 21mm f2.8

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123