Thread: Sunflower

Default Sunflower

Its a little dark ain't it?

Default Re: Sunflower

nice flower, such a pity it get cropped off top & bottom. the white "thing" at the right bottom very distracting

firing flash should help

Thanks for the advice bro.

Yah i can't do anything about the arrangement of the flowers. Took it with a P & S camera though, using macro shots. If i fire the flash the petals of the sunflower will be too bright.

Hmm,the whole pic looks too plain to me. So many distractions around the flower that u wan to show us.
    Composition wise totally off. My eyes only see center of the pic and I see all of wat I need to see liao.Dun need to see the WHOLE pic at all.
    Colours wise also not interesting enough.
    Perhaps u have other angles of it to show us??

Quote Originally Posted by Chew Siow Ming View Post
    nice flower, such a pity it get cropped off top & bottom. the white "thing" at the right bottom very distracting
    I would say cropping of some parts to try to fill in the whole frame is good.Anyway u still know its a sunflower even some parts are cropped off,isn't it?

Hi Edwin,

Any pointers to improve on what you commented? How to improve the composition and colous?

Quote Originally Posted by edwinywh View Post
    I would say cropping of some parts to try to fill in the whole frame is good.Anyway u still know its a sunflower even some parts are cropped off,isn't it?
    agreed with you... cropped off half of it & I can still tell its a sun flower, no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Rubber View Post
    Hi Edwin,

Any pointers to improve on what you commented? How to improve the composition and colous?
    Hi,first of all... u must have find something special about this sunflower,thats y u shot it.

So,wats the special thing about it that makes u shoot it?
    Shoot and show us wat u see in this sunflower.Go ahead and bring out the "thing" that attracts u. It will attract us too.

Just remember,fill in the WHOLE frame.Play with depth of field too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chew Siow Ming View Post
    agreed with you... cropped off half of it & I can still tell its a sun flower, no doubt about it.

Does it looks nicer to u if its cropped half?? I think it will be,to me.

Seriously,I crop here and there alot on my pics.

Taken this sun flower recently in Dreamland at Bangkok. The flower was blooming at that time to welcome the visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by edwinywh View Post

Does it looks nicer to u if its cropped half?? I think it will be,to me.

Seriously,I crop here and there alot on my pics.
    Agreed.... as long as it looks nice.