Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Sunflower

  1. #1

    Default Sunflower



    Its a little dark ain't it?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Sunflower

    nice flower, such a pity it get cropped off top & bottom. the white "thing" at the right bottom very distracting

  3. #3
    Member Buggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,139

    Default Re: Sunflower

    firing flash should help

  4. #4

    Default Re: Sunflower

    Thanks for the advice bro.

    Yah i can't do anything about the arrangement of the flowers. Took it with a P & S camera though, using macro shots. If i fire the flash the petals of the sunflower will be too bright.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Sunflower

    Hmm,the whole pic looks too plain to me. So many distractions around the flower that u wan to show us.
    Composition wise totally off. My eyes only see center of the pic and I see all of wat I need to see liao.Dun need to see the WHOLE pic at all.
    Colours wise also not interesting enough.
    Perhaps u have other angles of it to show us??

  6. #6

    Default Re: Sunflower

    Quote Originally Posted by Chew Siow Ming View Post
    nice flower, such a pity it get cropped off top & bottom. the white "thing" at the right bottom very distracting
    I would say cropping of some parts to try to fill in the whole frame is good.Anyway u still know its a sunflower even some parts are cropped off,isn't it?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Sunflower

    Hi Edwin,

    Any pointers to improve on what you commented? How to improve the composition and colous?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Sunflower

    Quote Originally Posted by edwinywh View Post
    I would say cropping of some parts to try to fill in the whole frame is good.Anyway u still know its a sunflower even some parts are cropped off,isn't it?
    agreed with you... cropped off half of it & I can still tell its a sun flower, no doubt about it.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Sunflower

    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Rubber View Post
    Hi Edwin,

    Any pointers to improve on what you commented? How to improve the composition and colous?
    Hi,first of all... u must have find something special about this sunflower,thats y u shot it.

    So,wats the special thing about it that makes u shoot it?
    Shoot and show us wat u see in this sunflower.Go ahead and bring out the "thing" that attracts u. It will attract us too.

    Just remember,fill in the WHOLE frame.Play with depth of field too.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Sunflower

    Quote Originally Posted by Chew Siow Ming View Post
    agreed with you... cropped off half of it & I can still tell its a sun flower, no doubt about it.


    Does it looks nicer to u if its cropped half?? I think it will be,to me.

    Seriously,I crop here and there alot on my pics.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Sunflower



    Taken this sun flower recently in Dreamland at Bangkok. The flower was blooming at that time to welcome the visitors.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Sunflower

    Quote Originally Posted by edwinywh View Post


    Does it looks nicer to u if its cropped half?? I think it will be,to me.

    Seriously,I crop here and there alot on my pics.
    Agreed.... as long as it looks nice.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •