Thread: AA batteries, what is good in the market?

Default AA batteries, what is good in the market?

Hi!

i'm a sanyo Ni-Mh (rechargeable battery AA) user. Its been a while and i like to revamp my batteries (30 pieces). My previous experience is to buy at East Gear The Sanyo batteries but its seem they dun stock them as much as before, anyone got any head up which brand of rechargeable batteries are great as my Sanyos dun hold their charge real well, thanks!

Default Re: AA batteries, what is good in the market?

Maha's Powerex 2700 series comes into my mind.
    eastgear stocks them too

another battery can consider is the new Sanyo Eneloop series, but i am not sure if it fit your requirement though.

Quote Originally Posted by FilterFunk View Post
    Maha's Powerex 2700 series comes into my mind.
    eastgear stocks them too

another battery can consider is the new Sanyo Eneloop series, but i am not sure if it fit your requirement though.
    the batteries are just for my flashes and power packs for flashes.

Powerex...

I have 1800, 2200 and now the 2700 and all of them works really good, try a pack and you'll see the difference. It also operates much cooler than sanyo's
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Try these:

http://www.moravia-consulting.com/en...y=40-batteries

If you get the 30 min charger, you can easily top them up just before you go out for assignment. The Ultra Rapid batteries may only be 2000 mAh, but the tradeoff for faster charging speed is worth it. They also have High Power 2500 batteries.

So far no self-discharge problems, unlike my Sanyo batteries. Quite cheap, too.

You can pm Lensman if you're interested.

GP battery
    My GP1600 still can last after 2yrs++ of using. My new set of 2600 have no sign of fast discharge after a month++ inside my flash.

my choice will be powerex 2700 with the maha charger. something that you cannot miss.
    random equipment.
    where are my primes?

I have been using NiMh batteries ever since they became available. For some time the Sanyo ones were the BEST-no question (some of my 1500+1600 mAh cells from 2001 are still working!!) However, in the last 1-2 years I have had several failures among the SANYO and POWEREX cells I've been using. Don't know whether their QC dept. has been sleeping or what, but I can't afford to use stuff I cannot rely on! The failure rate has been - 20% for the SANYO's and 30% for the POWEREX's. I use only good quality chargers (Maha C801 and C401) and most of the time I have them set on SLOW charge.
    HOWEVER , I have been using the KONNOC 2500mAh cells since about 9 months ago and they have been working fine. I use them in my MB D200 (6 cells) and various flashes.To date I have bought 26 of them and they work every time. So far so good. They cost about $15 for a set of 4 at a computer shop at the fourth level of Funan Centre. Hope this helps!