Thread: PowerEx 2700mAh NiMH AA Rechargeable Batteries

Default PowerEx 2700mAh NiMH AA Rechargeable Batteries

hi pepz...
    how good are these batteries? long lasting? thinking of investing on a few of these...
    need your comments please... thanks2

Default Re: PowerEx 2700mAh NiMH AA Rechargeable Batteries

These batteries are fantastic! I'm using them on my PD7X and after the first charge, I got a surprise! A pleasant one of course. It lasted twice as long as my Sanyo 2500. Amazing! I can't wait for them to be fully commissioned to experience how long a set of these will last.

Get them! Won't regret one

One set of battery can me last 4 hours non stop with reasonably fast refresh rate in TTL mode. Wonderful battery!

They have to be the best NiMH batteries i have used so far. If i'm not wrong its best to fast charge them for best results as slow charging shortens their life.

Quote Originally Posted by lithium_fire View Post
    They have to be the best NiMH batteries i have used so far. If i'm not wrong its best to fast charge them for best results as slow charging shortens their life.
    What about Sony's 2700 batteries? Any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by mug326 View Post
    These batteries are fantastic! I'm using them on my PD7X and after the first charge, I got a surprise! A pleasant one of course. It lasted twice as long as my Sanyo 2500. Amazing! I can't wait for them to be fully commissioned to experience how long a set of these will last.

Get them! Won't regret one
    so far i think sanyo 2500 is the worst . many batches have probs.mine bought a few days spoil leow;. waste money.used to use 2100 less prob. now using maha 2700 really good. can used with santo charger too.

hmmm... i just got e maha powerex 2700mAH batteries today... yippe! will be testing on em soon...

Why would tat be so?? IF this is the case, why dun all chargers make it only with a fast charge option?? I believe it's the opposite as fast charging only charges it up to abt 80% of it's capacity. The slow charge trickles it up to maximum capacity at it's own pace.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    What about Sony's 2700 batteries? Any difference?
    Any advise?

Quote Originally Posted by M MBR View Post
    hmmm... i just got e maha powerex 2700mAH batteries today... yippe! will be testing on em soon...

Sounds good, where you guys bought them from?

Quote Originally Posted by M MBR View Post
    hi
    can know whats the price of it?
    and buy from where?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saraluna View Post
    hi
    can know whats the price of it?
    and buy from where?
    thanks
    Try east gear : http://www.eastgear.com/shop/index.php?cPath=105

hello pepz...
    i got these batteries from EastGear Pte Ltd 111 North Bridge Road #02-34/35 Peninsula Plaza and Retail Store Hours: Mon to Fri : 11am - 8pm Saturday : 11am - 7pm Closed on Sun & P.Holidays...

these Maha PowerEx 2700mAh NiMH AA Rechargeable Batteries 4pc Pack costs me $20.00.

hope it helps and btw... tested them today and i was indeed impressed! worth e $$ spend!

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Why would tat be so?? IF this is the case, why dun all chargers make it only with a fast charge option?? I believe it's the opposite as fast charging only charges it up to abt 80% of it's capacity. The slow charge trickles it up to maximum capacity at it's own pace.
    As i mentioned "if i am not wrong" which means i am doing this on my own assumption and experimentation.

I bought a lot of SANYO Ni-Mh 2500 batteries before and used the "safer" slow charge but ended up most of the batteries didnt last. Of course the batch could have been defective for one.

I am using a MAHA charger which can determine charge required and shut off auto. I also referenced studies which can be found in GOOGLE.

Here is one http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm...te_number/3501

These Powerex 2700mAh NiMH AA are trully superb. On an average working day i shoot about 100 pictures and i only need to recharge the batteries once a week and i only recharge them when they are about 50% charge left. I use a battery checker for this. This way i only recharge them when they need to be. I think this extends the life too.

erm
    something to add on to the sanyo
    sorry to intrude the thread!

i tried fast charging my faulty sanyo 2500 and strangely it work well

perhaps u guys can try that too

As i mentioned "if i am not wrong" which means i am doing this on my own assumption and experimentation.

I bought a lot of SANYO Ni-Mh 2500 batteries before and used the "safer" slow charge but ended up most of the batteries didnt last. Of course the batch could have been defective for one.

I am using a MAHA charger which can determine charge required and shut off auto. I also referenced studies which can be found in GOOGLE.

Here is one http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm...te_number/3501

These Powerex 2700mAh NiMH AA are trully superb. On an average working day i shoot about 100 pictures and i only need to recharge the batteries once a week and i only recharge them when they are about 50% charge left. I use a battery checker for this. This way i only recharge them when they need to be. I think this extends the life too.

Thanks for the additional info....

gotta digest them a bit longer to get them in....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Just bought my PowerEx 2700mAh batteries... They are still charging... Can't wait to test...
    - 4 x AA batteries with casing with charger plus a casing that holds 8 batteries $49.00
    - 4 x AA batteries with casing $20 (If you buy with the charger, you can buy up to 3 more packs at discount rate of $15!)
    Last edited by Youhong; 7th October 2006 at 09:54 PM.
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    Just bought my PowerEx 2700mAh batteries... They are still charging... Can't wait to test...
    - 4 x AA batteries with casing with charger plus a casing that holds 8 batteries $49.00
    - 4 x AA batteries with casing $20 (If you buy with the charger, you can buy up to 3 more packs at discount rate of $15!)
    true! true! best bargain yes? i didnt regret the purchase! the batteries really lived up to itz name...