Thread: Singapore @ night

Default Singapore @ night

This pictures are taken without tripod. I was trying my luck at it. Crit please....thanks

Default Re: Singapore @ night

really dont know y... u always mention u have not using the tripod on the night shot.... do u find ur Pic lack of details ????... or u dont have a tripod ??

As hugoleong comment, try to use a tripod for night photography for better quality shots.

In general, your night shots are slightly underexposed. A few ways to improve as follows:

1. Recommend to take before last light around 1915hrs to 1945hrs when the sky is very blue. Avoid total black sky.

2. Since you are taking digital shots, try bracketing your shots, take a few shots with different exposure like , -1, 0 , +1. Or check histogram.

3. Use a tripod, set camera to lowest ISO and small aperture like f11 or smaller.

4. Level your horizon to the ground or sea level. You can use a spirit level to assist you.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by hugoleong View Post
    really dont know y... u always mention u have not using the tripod on the night shot.... do u find ur Pic lack of details ????... or u dont have a tripod ??
    I have a tripod, but when i went out that day, didnt expect to take photo. only have camera with me ard.

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    As hugoleong comment, try to use a tripod for night photography for better quality shots.

In general, your night shots are slightly underexposed. A few ways to improve as follows:

1. Recommend to take before last light around 1915hrs to 1945hrs when the sky is very blue. Avoid total black sky.

2. Since you are taking digital shots, try bracketing your shots, take a few shots with different exposure like , -1, 0 , +1. Or check histogram.

3. Use a tripod, set camera to lowest ISO and small aperture like f11 or smaller.

4. Level your horizon to the ground or sea level. You can use a spirit level to assist you.

Thanks for your advice. Its helpful. Will take note.

Care to share what was your settings?