Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52

Thread: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

  1. #21

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Eve was created because Adam needed someone to pose for his pin-hole stone camera.
    Hahaha!

    Also posed naked right!!! I think that is when Ponography is born.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    I think when it comes to playing around (when married or with a serious partner, etc...)

    It comes to where the heart really is.

    If you love someone with all your heart, you will not even think of playing around.

    To relate the subject to animals is not a valid way.

    Animals that spread themselves around don't commit themselves to only one.

    Humans commit themselves to only one "marriage" (or so they say at times).

    I have no problems with the idea of prostitutes with singles, but I do with abuse of the game.


    just my view
    Cheers.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  3. #23

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    do you really think you will get an honest answer to a question like this? i mean... if someone does play the field.. or go to visit HC/ brothel/KTV etc etc i doubt they will come here and say yea, i do it, im married, its cool.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Humans commit themselves to only one "marriage" (or so they say at times).
    Certain religion allows you to have 3 wives if you can tahan.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by jdredd View Post
    do you really think you will get an honest answer to a question like this? i mean... if someone does play the field.. or go to visit HC/ brothel/KTV etc etc i doubt they will come here and say yea, i do it, im married, its cool.
    maybe u should tell him its the wrong forum... try going to S*mmyboy...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    maybe u should tell him its the wrong forum... try going to S*mmyboy...
    Sammyboy? Unsuitable cos the reign of logic runs high on "play is play. The heart is heart."
    HWZ? I'm not sure if the ppl down in my chill off forum can comprehend it.
    Over here, a wide range of nationality and varying groups of maturity would enable me to see that question in a multi-faceted POV.

    This is purely meant for a discussion and thus, there isn't what u'd say as 'an answer' to my 'question'.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    494

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Hello Everyone;

    The followings are just my own thoughts.

    Infidelity is a very bad word we humans tagged to ourselves.
    In the animal world, the males will mate with as many females as possible, and in their society they wouldn't pass judgment and remarks on such kind of behavior. The females will always want to mate only with the strongest or most colorful males, we termed it as selective breeding, passing on the best gene. However, in the human society, we call these girls "materialistic", "Beaches" and so on.

    I guessed we are just genetically engineered and programmed to behave this way, we always want to mate constantly with handsome strong guys or pretty young girls. I think it is the same logic as why man's erection inclines towards the sky always. Is it human instinct to mate and with multiple partner? Maybe we should conduct an experiment to answer this question. We will house a group of boys and girls who are not expose to the modern world ethic and absolutely have no idea about sex. We will watch their behaviors. Drawing from my past experience in breeding Bettas, I am quite sure that these boys and girls will procreate. When I put a pair of virgin male and female Bettas together, they know the breeding process and the male will care for the fry. It is very obvious I did not teach the Bettas how to spawn, it is in them, it is instinct.

    So why is there prostitution? Is it a bad thing after all? I think it is not too bad a thing, if we view prostitution as a communal service to the disadvantaged. There is also natural selection in our society, not all people will get a chance to mate. If one's looks is not appealing, having bad attitude, bad characteristic, not articulated, no money or just simply no luck with lady or guy, he/she will most likely be deprived of sex. When the urge is high and nowhere to let off the steam, maybe that is when raping, molesting ect come into the scene.


    So is it right or wrong to sleep around? Maybe it is right if our purpose is to procreate with the best and healthiest gene.

    To trace back a little bit, why was Eve created? It is to serve man? How many wife does a man has during that era?

    I think u forgot words like celebacy, chastity, fidelity which seperate human from animal

    To err is human. But if he/she took a vow or pledge to love one person only, and yet strayed...suggests the person hasn't really evolved at all lor.




    I do get lusty at times......but I only dare to indulge through viewfinder.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by Benign View Post
    I think u forgot words like celebacy, chastity, fidelity which seperate human from animal

    To err is human. But if he/she took a vow or pledge to love one person only, and yet strayed...suggests the person hasn't really evolved at all lor.




    I do get lusty at times......but I only dare to indulge through viewfinder.
    That vow which I guess (almost) everyone here had already made either in front of the JP during ROM or at ur church, if u were to scale it equivalent to gold. I wonder how much would it weigh these days.

    It makes me wonder abt married men visiting prostitutes.

    Since a brothel is running a business, any transactions between a customer thru a pimp with the prostitute constitutes a business transaction for service, how much would it qualify as 'infidelity'?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  9. #29

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Is it really a valid excuse for sexual transactions and committing infidelity?
    this topic is so 80's.
    Nowadays, you don't really need to pay to get laid.
    Look around, in your office, clubs, etc.

    so your issue is about paying for it or comiting infidelity?
    Do you mind if it's not paying?

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    this topic is so 80's.
    Nowadays, you don't really need to pay to get laid.
    Look around, in your office, clubs, etc.

    so your issue is about paying for it or comiting infidelity?
    Do you mind if it's not paying?
    Now I'm not married, single, available, unattached, lonely. I'd give a brutally honest answer - Yes, I dun mind.

    But to one who's married, probably have kids, taken the vow on law or in front of God on preserving the institution of marriage and commitment?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Now I'm not married, single, available, unattached, lonely. I'd give a brutally honest answer - Yes, I dun mind.

    But to one who's married, probably have kids, taken the vow on law or in front of God on preserving the institution of marriage and commitment?
    no experience on that, next time i try i let u know...

    (p.s. any hot female models wanna lay me down?)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    The world's oldest occupation, prostitution, is synonymous with the most powerful sin, temptation and vice given its numerous references in various religious texts as well as philosophical texts and even in the Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs where its listed as one of the basic needs of humans.

    I'm not sure about you guys, but I do frequently hear things from some associates as well as thru visits of other forums that, "Its ok if u play around as long as your heart remains true. After all, we are Men (yes, that dumb ego thingy again)." or "Visiting a brothel constitutes a payment for service (sexual)."

    Yes, the focus is on the 'heart' thing. Does excuses like that gives one the right to so-call 'play' around?

    Your opinions/debates please!

    P/S: Apologies for a brain cell assault in Kopitiam dis early in the morning...
    I would assume that you are referencing the oldest occupation as prostitutes? (because I would argue that's should either be farmer or hunter). Anyway... I would again assume that you are refering to married men visiting prostitute as infidelity. I would agree with Benign that infidelity is the result of breaking a trust and if the wife agree (for some reason, which is sad in my opinion but whatever, you know... ) then it is not entirely infidelity.

    And why is it always guys who have to pay? Because sex for guys is to get naked (if time permits), do the deed and job well done. For girls, it starts with foreplay (either the sexual type or long dinner and intimate conversation prelude...) and then ends long after the guy finish by perhaps cuddling or watching him sleep and snore... so for "most" girls, it has to be someone they care. I do know some gals who do ONS but I also know they are still somewhat disappointed if there is no attempt to SMS or call the next day (even tho they intend to ignore it). So guys pay because it works, but the same business model does not work for gals. That's my personal take.

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Which brings me to another thought.

    Do women count in sex as a bonus with marriage and men count in sex as part of the 'package of marriage'?

    Some of the strangest arguments, I guess some of us had seen, always arises from the bedroom on this topic.
    I believe in pre-marital and all of the female friends I have also have that thought. I have also read that more than 80% of men and women (men a bit higher) believes that sex is important in a r/s. ... which makes me wonder if the missing 20% knows what I am and if they are avoiding me... anyway... I would count sex as part of the marriage package only to support my role to give back to society by creating a family and sustaining the future generation. Having said that bs, I would be having sex long before marriage so I would just call it coincidence.. hehe...

    As for females I know who belongs to the 80%... they also agree that the guy should at least be able to satisfy them. Not the porno way but at least be a lover and not always a friend. So they test before they buy, which answers the question (in my opinion) that sex is not a bonus but a guarantee based on their expectation.

    Just to note, I am not promoting pre-marital sex (Its like coke and promotion is redundant). But if anyone does, be responsible and be mature.

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,164

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Now I'm not married, single, available, unattached, lonely. I'd give a brutally honest answer - Yes, I dun mind.

    But to one who's married, probably have kids, taken the vow on law or in front of God on preserving the institution of marriage and commitment?
    Just to add one more point... Infidelity can happen in 2 ways... 1st if that the guy/gal is just a bhasthard (bhasthardess?). 2nd if the partner is just not responsive enough that even if married, he/she feels incomplete.

    I still believe... don't get married so young.. its okay to have many bf/gf (BUT one at a time please).. learn from each unsuccessful r/s.. and finally get married when you are much more mature. This way, you have been there and done that, you are more understanding with your partner's need, and probably you are too old and pudgy to fool around. So can anyone MO some rubbers, perhaps cappucino or black forest flavors?

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    The world's oldest occupation, prostitution, is synonymous with the most powerful sin, temptation and vice given its numerous references in various religious texts as well as philosophical texts and even in the Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs where its listed as one of the basic needs of humans.

    I'm not sure about you guys, but I do frequently hear things from some associates as well as thru visits of other forums that, "Its ok if u play around as long as your heart remains true. After all, we are Men (yes, that dumb ego thingy again)." or "Visiting a brothel constitutes a payment for service (sexual)."

    Yes, the focus is on the 'heart' thing. Does excuses like that gives one the right to so-call 'play' around?

    Your opinions/debates please!

    P/S: Apologies for a brain cell assault in Kopitiam dis early in the morning...
    Oh, I thot the oldest occupation is photographer. ha ha. bcos this is a photography forums mah.......

  16. #36
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    this topic is so 80's.
    Nowadays, you don't really need to pay to get laid.
    Look around, in your office, clubs, etc.

    so your issue is about paying for it or comiting infidelity?
    Do you mind if it's not paying?
    What about if you're being paid, you still mind?

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by Benign View Post
    What if the wife want you to pay for such service, either she is sicked of it or unable to provide
    U know some women think it is betta for the hubby to visit than having an affair mah.

    Err, my friend's wife paid for his 'service' hor...............Lucky man!
    He's lucky because his wife is so insecure about the marriage, she has to pay a prostitute to sleep with the husband?

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    The world's oldest occupation, prostitution, is synonymous with the most powerful sin, temptation and vice given its numerous references in various religious texts as well as philosophical texts and even in the Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs where its listed as one of the basic needs of humans.

    I'm not sure about you guys, but I do frequently hear things from some associates as well as thru visits of other forums that, "Its ok if u play around as long as your heart remains true. After all, we are Men (yes, that dumb ego thingy again)." or "Visiting a brothel constitutes a payment for service (sexual)."

    Yes, the focus is on the 'heart' thing. Does excuses like that gives one the right to so-call 'play' around?

    Your opinions/debates please!

    P/S: Apologies for a brain cell assault in Kopitiam dis early in the morning...
    Pre-marital sex is wrong.

    Infidelity is wrong.

    Prostitution is wrong.

    No excuses, primal or otherwise.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw View Post
    Pre-marital sex is wrong.

    Infidelity is wrong.

    Prostitution is wrong.

    No excuses, primal or otherwise.
    To err is human... so its human to have pre martial sex, infidelity and prostitution...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default Re: Infidelity and the World's Oldest Occupation

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Hello Everyone;

    The followings are just my own thoughts.

    Infidelity is a very bad word we humans tagged to ourselves.
    In the animal world, the males will mate with as many females as possible, and in their society they wouldn't pass judgment and remarks on such kind of behavior. The females will always want to mate only with the strongest or most colorful males, we termed it as selective breeding, passing on the best gene. :
    Humans can and should be able to think at a higher level and control our instincts, whereas animals do not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    I guessed we are just genetically engineered and programmed to behave this way, we always want to mate constantly with handsome strong guys or pretty young girls. Maybe we should conduct an experiment to answer this question. We will house a group of boys and girls who are not expose to the modern world ethic and absolutely have no idea about sex. We will watch their behaviors. Drawing from my past experience in breeding Bettas, I am quite sure that these boys and girls will procreate. When I put a pair of virgin male and female Bettas together, they know the breeding process and the male will care for the fry. It is very obvious I did not teach the Bettas how to spawn, it is in them, it is instinct. :
    An artificial construct. Yes, wanton procreation is instinctive, as is causing physical harm to an enemy (assault), illegally procuring objects of desire by force (robbery and stealing), succumbing to substance abuse.....so why does society have a negative view on the last 3 'instinctive' actions? Very simply, man is a societal creature, and the above actions disrupt societal structure and function. On an individual level, it can be argued that such actions, which allowing short term pleasure/gain, will result in long term deleterious effects/outcomes. Hence, they are frowned upon. Just because it is instinctive does not mean it is right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    So why is there prostitution? Is it a bad thing after all? I think it is not too bad a thing, if we view prostitution as a communal service to the disadvantaged. :
    Why don't you ask the prostitutes if they think they are providing a communal service? Disadvantaged? You seen the cars lined up around the streets of Geylang?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    When the urge is high and nowhere to let off the steam, maybe that is when raping, molesting ect come into the scene. :
    This has been shown to be FALSE! Rape and sex crimes has little to do about sex but mostly about violence towards women.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    So is it right or wrong to sleep around? Maybe it is right if our purpose is to procreate with the best and healthiest gene. :
    Instinctive yes, but is it right? All humans have this drive, is it right to pursue it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    To trace back a little bit, why was Eve created? It is to serve man? How many wife does a man has during that era?
    People love to go halfway in quoting religious scripture. My question to you is this, are you a believer of the creation of man and Adam and Eve? If so, and you trust the scriptures, then why are you even asking this question? If not, why are you using this biblical event to support your conclusions? Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

    FYI, Eve was taken from Adam's side, his rib, so that she can be by his "side", his companion, not his servant, not his master, but his companion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •