Thread: Jiu Zhai Gou and Wolong, China photo trip

Default Jiu Zhai Gou and Wolong, China photo trip

Hi people, it's been a long time since i last posted... good to be back.

Just wondering if anyone is interested to take winter landscape shots in Jiu Zhai Gou during winter... and shoot giant panda at Wolong in snow if possible...

Will be heading there in early Dec... ard 10 days in total...

Air fare from SG-Chengdu-SG plus Chengdu-JZG-Chengdu is ard 1.2k
    Van rental with driver and accom totals up to ard 700+

Total should be ard 2k

some shots to entice you all...
    http://www.jiuzhaigouvalley.com/English/index.htm <--- map
    http://www.pbase.com/besati/winter_i...chuen&page=all
    http://www.pbase.com/kenso168/zechawa_valley

So far, already have 2 person going.... can take in another 2 more. Let me know asap. Any question just email to pixelsense@gmail.com

thank you!

Default Re: Jiu Zhai Gou and Wolong, China photo trip

Hmm

Something must be wrong with the calculations.

I've been to JiuZhaigou 2 years ago, and i would say, the landscape is fantastic!!

Check with the various travel agents. I don't think the airfare there is that expensive ( valueair ). Try taking the bus there if you wish to save costs ( about 8 hours away from Chengdu ). I didn't dare to take China's Domestic airlines.

If you're planning to go to Jiuzhaigou, the best time will be in November. December is early winter, and if you're going there in the early part of December, you'll only face thin snow.

Other places to note will be Emei Shan. Ri Yue Ping, Giant Buddha of Le Shan, and others. Wish I could go. :P

Otherwise, a VERY nice place to go to. I'll try to post some pix there, which i took with my PnS when i get back.

Hi

I have been there during 2004 for my honeymoon during winter. Super beautiful place.

I went late November which every thing in Chendu and JZG is discounted. paid abt 180 for local tour package. 70% disc for tour package which i book it locally. somemore take aeroplane go up and come down. Hotel that i stayed in chengdu is 40% discounted.

But it is very very cold, even my manual cam's battery stop working.

hmmm, i heard JZG started snowing earlier than other parts of szechuan... as early as early nov...

So was it snowing in late nov at JZG, maxonline?

hmmm, local tour package? that means you go there and book? instead of booking through a free&easy tour agency?

Quote Originally Posted by Ling Nightsky View Post
    hmmm, i heard JZG started snowing earlier than other parts of szechuan... as early as early nov...

So was it snowing in late nov at JZG, maxonline?

hmmm, local tour package? that means you go there and book? instead of booking through a free&easy tour agency?
    I was there for mere 3 days. I didnt see snow but it was snow covered, which maybe it snow in the early morning which i am asleeep.

Yes, everything was discounted!!!! There is a starting date of discounting which i could remember it was 20 November 2004. Please check. After this date, all tour package is discounted. My friend who used to stayed there gave me this travelling tips. I dont know they still have such practise or not. Please check.

I stayed in Chengdu's busy district, which there is a branch of famous China's tour agency in the hotel. Pop by and book, and the next day i am off to JZG.

Cheap and easy.

you may want to refer to this site.

http://www.dreams-travel.com/sc/index.htm

i book from 中國青年旅行社.