Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surrealism & Fantasy Wedding Arts - Bridal Artworks

Default Re: Surrealism & Fantasy Wedding Arts - Bridal Artworks

Nice neo-prints!!!

Taken at the machine in Hereen?? 10 bucks rite? A bit expensive though...

Quote Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
    Time will Tell ... hahahha !

- There are Leaders, and there are followers.
    Yes time will tell. But it takes a man with a very big ego to proclaim the future and an even bigger ego to write, in a condescending tone, that there are leaders and there are followers, knowing full well that you are trying to start something, thus making you the "leader" ( you did proclaim that you're one of the "pioneer" ).

You keep telling others to " free your mind ", if you can't even accept that others will have a diff. view from you and you must re-butt any view not in line with yours, please tell me, whose mind is trap in a personal prison, whose mind needs to be free.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

While it may look cheesy to the majority of us here in CS, I would not be surprised if there is a good demand for such photo-manipulation from wedding couples looking for something different to remember their wedding by.

At the end of the day, commercial success is a different kettle of fish from artistic / critical acclaim.

very messy le. think the idea is not really new. have seen very very good wedding photos w similar effect but the center of focus stays w the couple. here the couple seems to the one intruding a nice surreal painting. further more, my past experience w wedding albums seems to suggest that ppl prefer simple photos showing close relatinship between the couple than very exegerated effects.

vince123123
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Yes time will tell. But it takes a man with a very big ego to proclaim the future and an even bigger ego to write, in a condescending tone, that there are leaders and there are followers, knowing full well that you are trying to start something, thus making you the "leader" ( you did proclaim that you're one of the "pioneer" ).

You keep telling others to " free your mind ", if you can't even accept that others will have a diff. view from you and you must re-butt any view not in line with yours, please tell me, whose mind is trap in a personal prison, whose mind needs to be free.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    While it may look cheesy to the majority of us here in CS, I would not be surprised if there is a good demand for such photo-manipulation from wedding couples looking for something different to remember their wedding by.

At the end of the day, commercial success is a different kettle of fish from artistic / critical acclaim.
    You read between the lines very well ... and what you said is indeed very true.

( You are One Talent yourself ).

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    very messy le. think the idea is not really new. have seen very very good wedding photos w similar effect but the center of focus stays w the couple. here the couple seems to the one intruding a nice surreal painting. further more, my past experience w wedding albums seems to suggest that ppl prefer simple photos showing close relatinship between the couple than very exegerated effects.
    Simple -- Different market, different works.

You may wish to come back and visit this thread again in say, 2-3 years time, and let time be the judge.

Afterall, like you'd mentioned, each is entitled to each own's views, and i'm surely NOT inline with yours -- if i do, i won't be singing here taking flak from you guys.

hahahha
    Last edited by Enchanted; 6th October 2006 at 10:10 PM.

More Surrealism and Fantasy Wedding Arts ... ( Digital Art & illustration )

Enjoy the "Bliss" ! ...
    Last edited by Enchanted; 6th October 2006 at 11:18 PM.

like many of the rest, i feel they don't work for similar reasons. of course you don't have to agree with me

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    like many of the rest, i feel they don't work for similar reasons. of course you don't have to agree with me
    Well, when you see Tree branches grow out from couple's heads, you'll know whose Style of Works it came from ... hahahhahahah

Thank your for input.

Hi, pardon these comments from a not-pro-at-all photographer, but these shots look don't look very surreal at all. In fact, it looks more like an enlarged version of a Neoprint - e.g. very "orbit". It's something that makes me cringe when I look at them.

I've seen your more conventional shots and I think those are really great. These are the kinds of shots that would stand the test of time, and are less likely to make the couple think "what were we thinking??" twenty years down the road.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but that's what truly came to my mind when I saw them.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
    Well, when you see Tree branches grow out from couple's heads, you'll know whose Style of Works it came from ... hahahhahahah

Thank your for input.
    what's this beating about the bush about? are you implying that you have 'successfully' influenced someone else with your style?

After I read the first page, I also wonder whose mind is really in prison ?

A general without soldiers is as gd as dead meat .

Anyway, the photo looks like giant neo print to me

DI and colour also not done and chosen properly. Look at last pic blue with green Typography also salah. Image messy effects and yet use thin font.

The third image is like DI not done properly. Side blurred but centre portion not blur. Like amateur (maybe primary school's students or maybe primary school can do better)

I have yet to give harsh comments and u are my first. I see the downfall of a photographer who claims he wants to be the leader. Be it then. If u want these type of effects, u might as well DI until the couples look like manga characters or the final fantasy characters. More suited to your theme mah.

maybe i could post an alternative style here...concept is the same.. juz that mine's not wedding photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Witness View Post
    maybe i could post an alternative style here...concept is the same.. juz that mine's not wedding photography...

nice shot. concept can also be used for wedding

Yo Witness, that's rather different from what Nick posted.

Personally I think it is fine to post alternative wedding concepts, but when a thread is started, feedback is obviously expected, and the TS' response here to both negative and positive feedback is rather distasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by CreaXion View Post
    I have yet to give harsh comments and u are my first. I see the downfall of a photographer who claims he wants to be the leader. Be it then. If u want these type of effects, u might as well DI until the couples look like manga characters or the final fantasy characters. More suited to your theme mah.
    I remember what radio DJ Chris Ho (now known as X'ho) once said, "Don't ever try to educate the public." Meaning, don't try to tell people what they should or should not like. I guess that could apply to photography as well. Of course we should always be innovative and try to break new ground, but we can't expect to force people to accept a radical new style if they don't like it.

Surrealistic and fantasy themes for wedding photography would actually be a fantastic idea - if executed properly. I'm not against the idea, but I just think what was on display wasn't "surrealism", even though the photographer would like us to think so.

Just Google "surrealism" and we'll get a fair idea of what that means.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    I remember what radio DJ Chris Ho (now known as X'ho) once said, "Don't ever try to educate the public." Meaning, don't try to tell people what they should or should not like. I guess that could apply to photography as well. Of course we should always be innovative and try to break new ground, but we can't expect to force people to accept a radical new style if they don't like it.

Surrealistic and fantasy themes for wedding photography would actually be a fantastic idea - if executed properly. I'm not against the idea, but I just think what was on display wasn't "surrealism", even though the photographer would like us to think so.

Just Google "surrealism" and we'll get a fair idea of what that means.
    I am not agst the theme but I really cannot stand the attitude of the photographer. Arrogance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast