Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heart Rate Monitor

Default Re: Heart Rate Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan View Post
    My max in a single day must have been the recent Action Asia Challenge Singapore. 5123kcal, supposedly [60 - 32.4] (27.6k?) of running (doesn't feel THAT long, really), 32.4k of riding, lots of other stuff. 7 hours 23 mins. That was fun!

Wa lao i ever played one real hard badminton session for 2 hours and burnt only only about 1800 calories already wan to die liao.

you man!

Deregistered

Well, the race was fun. Not as action packed as I'd like though - wonder what the overseas editions would be like...

It was fun abseiling into Singapore River from Sheares Bridge 3 times in a row - I think I'm loving it!

Courtesy of Howie Photo (I remember his 20D, was chatting with him regards to his Ewa Marine pack)

http://www.howiephoto.com/force%20fi...ac%20(281).jpg
    http://www.howiephoto.com/force%20fi...ac%20(288).jpg
    Last edited by sehsuan; 29th September 2006 at 10:37 AM.

This article gives a very quick and simple idea of why you need a heart rate monitor.

Seems like all Polar fan here. I using a Timex (got it around $240 with the wireless recorder for training data).

Recently I took from my supplier for cycling equipment a few CatEye heart rate monitors. Those interested in getting a simple HRM at low cost can check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Wa lao i ever played one real hard badminton session for 2 hours and burnt only only about 1800 calories already wan to die liao.

you man!
    Wah ....so many cal was burned by doing badminton ?
    I never count when I play my badminton, because I have already played very regularly.
    I can play up to 6 hours per day by divided into two session, morning and evening. Burning calorie is one thing, but burning fat it is so so only because your HR is too high during badminton. I can feel only endurance is improve. But for burning fat i still rely on constant cardio exercises. O ya, i use Polar F55.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Dong Moon View Post
    Wah ....so many cal was burned by doing badminton ?
    I never count when I play my badminton, because I have already played very regularly.
    I can play up to 6 hours per day by divided into two session, morning and evening. Burning calorie is one thing, but burning fat it is so so only because your HR is too high during badminton. I can feel only endurance is improve. But for burning fat i still rely on constant cardio exercises. O ya, i use Polar F55.
    Ya, I measured badminton once and was surprised to see my HR at 90-95% of max all the time for the whole duration of the match! So 1 hr of badminton probably burns much more energy than running. I wanted to try and do a measurement for squash but never got to do it. I get more tired after a round of squash than badminton, maybe that will be the record!
    Leicanaut & Nikonaut @ http://nangka.org/events

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123