Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's a wrap 2

Default Re: It's a wrap 2

Quote Originally Posted by student View Post
    KO, my response was at his open invitation to give some thoughts about it. And is it not appropriate to share those thoughts?

You are entitled to your freedom to let BS be. Don't tell others what they wish to do with BS.
    No problem Student, I would dedicate some part of my time everyday to put my point across to you and having you do that as well... Go ahead, take this thread away, it'll be fine... At the end of the day, we would realised that we live for different things and we would have found no conclusion to this difference in photography..

We live for no one, and no one lives for us.. I like the work you do, and whichever way you found you image interesting... Same here, I like my team, and our work.. I enjoy talking and chatting with em, I enjoy the number of the times we chill out after the shoot and talk about the probables of the next shoot, I enjoyed the dinners and lunches we have or eve skipped for the perfection of a shoot... I enjoy bitching about a hard day's work to my crew... I enjoy the little panics we get in a shoot when technically challenged, and the brains poured in to solve a problem...

That's something you'll never get and perhaps never needed...

So I ask of you to leave us in our comfort zone, we're not artist remember? just commercial people....

PBS

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    If your photographs are meant for personal, non-commercial direction, then probably you are half right. But if for any reasons these images venture into commercial consumption, you still need some form of teamwork. Even though your talented friends took those images individually they still need a team in the museum to portray these images in the best light for the owners and viewers.... and I believe your talented friends would need some contacts to work as a team to sell those images to the museum.
    Also, every photographers know, to get that "perfect" image, most of the times we need Him to give us that "perfect" moment! That's teamwork ...
    yup, that's another teamwork.. so many avenues... in fact, I don't understand how my 'teamwork' made news here? Shouldn't it be "Wu Song Da Hu"'s thread?

PSB

Quote Originally Posted by pointblankshots View Post

That's something you'll never get and perhaps never needed...

So I ask of you to leave us in our comfort zone, we're not artist remember? just commercial people....

PBS
    Sigh.........................

Never mind...............

Fortunately I do have friends who are commercial photographers. Very proud of their works. I like their works. And well, and we do understand that words have meanings.

Good luck!

Log off from this thread.

yeah, but will start anyway...would still go ahead, thanks YQT... How's money making?
    Well than, wishing you success on the course in advance. Too bad it is not the right timing for me.

Work is starting to pile up but sad to say, my bank account don't seem to be pilling up as fast as the work

Cheers
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

If your photographs are meant for personal, non-commercial direction, then probably you are half right. But if for any reasons these images venture into commercial consumption, you still need some form of teamwork. Even though your talented friends took those images individually they still need a team in the museum to portray these images in the best light for the owners and viewers.... and I believe your talented friends would need some contacts to work as a team to sell those images to the museum.
    Also, every photographers know, to get that "perfect" image, most of the times we need Him to give us that "perfect" moment! That's teamwork ...
    I agree.. Some pointers:

1. Which man knows exactly what a hair/ make up artist does on site? I've been in the job so long and I never really understood why they do shading, and when they bun hairs, and leave them long tresses... I only know that they always never failed to complement the looks. So, teamwork...

2. Which man would exactly understand the fast moving consumer trends in clothes and the season changes? I only would know what colours can't match, but often than not, my stylists often breaks the rule so comfortably. So, teamwork...

3. The photographer mans the front...teamwork...

but if you reckon you can do without it student... it's fine by your rules, we have ours here as well... to each its own....

Matter of respecting individuals...

PBS

Sigh.........................

Never mind...............

Fortunately I do have friends who are commercial photographers. Very proud of their works. I like their works. And well, and we do understand that words have meanings.

Good luck!

Log off from this thread.
    Don't worry pal, I never got worried.. I know you as a person who speaks your mind... In fact, I said, if only I had a job like yours and if only I can afford to shoot things I want.. I thought maybe I'll be a happier person sometimes....

Let's meet up anytime, the coffee's on me student...

Cheers,

PBS

Promoting and marketing oneself and one's images is not PHOTOGRAPHY. It is as what wisp wrote: BUSINESS. Business may be required to bring bread on the table for the photographer. But it is the business of photography. It is not photography.
    So what do you think of images sold/collected by museums or buyers ... is that BUSINESS of photography or still strictly photography, or is there any difference?

Accordingly, if a photographer takes images, that's "Photography" but if that photographer promotes or markets his works ... that's no more Photography? Help me to clarify ...
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by AhV View Post

Isn't that Cassandra Ng?
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

So what do you think of images sold/collected by museums or buyers ... is that BUSINESS of photography or still strictly photography, or is there any difference?

Accordingly, if a photographer takes images, that's "Photography" but if that photographer promotes or markets his works ... that's no more Photography? Help me to clarify ...
    Yes you got it. Let the thread go back to its original purpose.

Rather I was kinda privileged to have such enthusiastic learners dude...Without your enthusiasm, all teaching and guidance are mediocre...You haven't posted in a quite also ah???
    a few insignificant posts larr... nothing fantastic. should call everyone together and have coffee sometime. ok... returning the thread back to u

01. simon80
    02. Nessie??
    03. Jon Ong - 9815 - 4145

Anymore?

Let's meet up anytime, the coffee's on me student...

Cheers,

PBS

Hey! How did I miss this?

Will take it!

01. simon80
    02. Nessie??
    04. gooseberry
    05. airforce1
    06. Scaglietti

Dear all, I've received some PMs and am updating this list. Can I meet up with you guys first on the 10 Oct 2006 at 1830hrs in my studio? Pls also bring along your course fee along as well when I see ya. Pls PM me if you do not already have my address.

Cheers,

PBS

Here's a frame from the earlier course. Most of the good ones went straight into portfolio which only prospective clients will see.Amongst us there are some fantastic frames made during the practical part of the course as there are some made after the course when we are running our own sessions.Think of it as an investment in yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post
    Here's a frame from the earlier course. Most of the good ones went straight into portfolio which only prospective clients will see.Amongst us there are some fantastic frames made during the practical part of the course as there are some made after the course when we are running our own sessions.Think of it as an investment in yourself.
    dude, your image didn't rotate or what... anyway, thanks a lot for the vote of confidence... and thanks again for the shoot on sunday, hope you had a nice time...

dude, your image didn't rotate or what... anyway, thanks a lot for the vote of confidence... and thanks again for the shoot on sunday, hope you had a nice time...
    Master also teaching to pose model stick to the wall ...... hahaha just joking. Good Work, Good Workshop and of course Good Man.....

Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post
    dude, u must be suffering from extreme fatigue ...hallucinating ? I thot I saw Spiderwoman Get some rest ...... ...you need it

Anyway, upzzz for PBS

01. simon80
    02. Scaglietti
    04. gooseberry
    05. airforce1
    06. Distagon
    07. Uncle_jun
    08. Horus

Hi all,

Above are those you have gotten back to me...I sense most of you would have a problem with it clashing against work. We'll meet and then discuss the probable dates to suit everybody as much as possible...

Can all of you above PM me for final confirmation whether you're in for the class again pls?

PBS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123