Thread: why aren't the colours saturated?

Default why aren't the colours saturated?

hey all

uber newbie question here: when i use the USM 75-300mm lens, the colours aren't as saturated as i'd like them to b. the colours are pretty 'flat'.

is this just beacuse the lens i used is well, cheap? or has it got to do with the format i saved my pics as? i used jpeg instead of raw.

and if the problem lies with the lens, then is there any thing i can do to get more saturated colours without photoshop? i read somewhere that going down a couple of stops will help improve clearity and saturation..

thanks!

Default Re: why aren't the colours saturated?

Stopping down does help improve the sharpness but it might cause CA if you stop down too much. Another factor could be the overcast lighting? Photoshop does help alot too.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by with_brokenwings View Post
    hey all

uber newbie question here: when i use the USM 75-300mm lens, the colours aren't as saturated as i'd like them to b. the colours are pretty 'flat'.

is this just beacuse the lens i used is well, cheap? or has it got to do with the format i saved my pics as? i used jpeg instead of raw.

and if the problem lies with the lens, then is there any thing i can do to get more saturated colours without photoshop? i read somewhere that going down a couple of stops will help improve clearity and saturation..

thanks!
    First, what are you shooting, where are you shooting, how are you shooting it?

How about showing some pictures before we blame the lens?

raptor84: CA? whats that.. ? is it chromatic abbreviation?
    Last edited by with_brokenwings; 24th September 2006 at 11:43 AM.