Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: CRM, SRM, ERP vendors and wares..

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default CRM, SRM, ERP vendors and wares..

    nope these aren't along the lines of BCM... (eg not Egg Roll Pan)

    as usual scouting for my client's corp overhaul, hoping if someone can tell me recommend me some good firmwares. new here.
    what kind of info should I prepare? User base? Transaction volume?
    is SAP overkill? overspend?
    please advise
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    nobody?
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: CRM, SRM, ERP vendors and wares..

    Originally posted by denizenx
    nope these aren't along the lines of BCM... (eg not Egg Roll Pan)

    as usual scouting for my client's corp overhaul, hoping if someone can tell me recommend me some good firmwares. new here.
    what kind of info should I prepare? User base? Transaction volume?
    is SAP overkill? overspend?
    please advise
    What are you overhauling for your client? Financial process? Manufacturing Process? Or Sales Process?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default Re: Re: CRM, SRM, ERP vendors and wares..

    Originally posted by Kevin
    What are you overhauling for your client? Financial process? Manufacturing Process? Or Sales Process?
    I will confirm.. afaik it's eveything.. ... looking for coys willing to strike 4D with me...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    North
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: CRM, SRM, ERP vendors and wares..

    Originally posted by denizenx
    nope these aren't along the lines of BCM... (eg not Egg Roll Pan)

    as usual scouting for my client's corp overhaul, hoping if someone can tell me recommend me some good firmwares. new here.
    what kind of info should I prepare? User base? Transaction volume?
    is SAP overkill? overspend?
    please advise
    I think it all boils down to budget ...

    Start with your objectives, what sort of company is it ? a MNC ?

    SAP is not cheap ... and may be an overkill ... you need alot of resources.

    You looking for ASP based ?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: Re: Re: CRM, SRM, ERP vendors and wares..

    Originally posted by denizenx


    I will confirm.. afaik it's eveything.. ... looking for coys willing to strike 4D with me...
    Baan or JD Edward if budget is tight. Both have full suite from CRM to ERP. Not sure what is BCM!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    I have no idea what u guys are saying too ...
    erm well the annual turnover is >$100m ... MNC yes...
    any coys to recommend? budget wise the coy will have to tender... but I need some "reliable" firms that dun take 10 years to do payroll in java...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  8. #8

    Default Re: CRM, SRM, ERP vendors and wares..

    Originally posted by denizenx
    nope these aren't along the lines of BCM... (eg not Egg Roll Pan)

    as usual scouting for my client's corp overhaul, hoping if someone can tell me recommend me some good firmwares. new here.
    what kind of info should I prepare? User base? Transaction volume?
    is SAP overkill? overspend?
    please advise

    hmm out of 10 sap projects, 7 failed ..

    you have the best of system , yet it is the people politics that killed it ... they find it difficult to adapt to these systems ... and worse, body here but mind absent ...

    end up, you have to do more talking than working on the those systems ...

    maybe microsoft can help since they take customer interest into matters more ...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    what does M$ have?
    hmm I wil read more.. macam can of worms haha...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: CRM, SRM, ERP vendors and wares..

    Originally posted by Kevin
    Baan or JD Edward if budget is tight. Both have full suite from CRM to ERP. Not sure what is BCM!
    BCM is togu's bak chor mee... pork mince noodles...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CRM, SRM, ERP vendors and wares..

    Originally posted by denizenx


    BCM is togu's bak chor mee... pork mince noodles...

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    what does M$ have?
    hmm I wil read more.. macam can of worms haha...
    sources say they are rolling out CRM ....

    as of present, TTSH, MINDEF etc uses SAP ... so

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Originally posted by oceanxp


    sources say they are rolling out CRM ....

    as of present, TTSH, MINDEF etc uses SAP ... so
    wow M$ too? where the money is I guess... BUT I dun wanna be their trial for Money Pro 95... LOL
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx


    wow M$ too? where the money is I guess... BUT I dun wanna be their trial for Money Pro 95... LOL

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx


    wow M$ too? where the money is I guess... BUT I dun wanna be their trial for Money Pro 95... LOL
    and subject to BSOD and licensing issues


    Here are some useful links that you can start with ,

    http://www.intelligenterp.com/

    M$ worms are slowly finding their way into SAP bread ... such as this :

    http://www.microsoft-sap.com/

    Already SAP portal forefront is using IIS, dotnet connectors to talk to SAP DB, etc etc ...

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Originally posted by oceanxp


    and subject to BSOD and licensing issues


    Here are some useful links that you can start with ,

    http://www.intelligenterp.com/

    M$ worms are slowly finding their way into SAP bread ... such as this :

    http://www.microsoft-sap.com/

    Already SAP portal forefront is using IIS, dotnet connectors to talk to SAP DB, etc etc ...
    Thanks! I think the Dummies guide to CIO-hood is a degree LOL...

    bsod hyeah! I was so used to xp already.... imagine went job interview and they told me to do a writing test... did it in win 98... and when I press Ctrl-S in MSWord I got the std greeting, plus extra toppings of black screen too... had to physically reset... and I had to REDO the thing!
    heng xp suffers less from this problem.. imagine my FYP report having to redo! erm wait.. I did redo 8 pages of text! MSWord crashed... (WordPad I love you)
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  17. #17

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx


    Thanks! I think the Dummies guide to CIO-hood is a degree LOL...

    bsod hyeah! I was so used to xp already.... imagine went job interview and they told me to do a writing test... did it in win 98... and when I press Ctrl-S in MSWord I got the std greeting, plus extra toppings of black screen too... had to physically reset... and I had to REDO the thing!
    heng xp suffers less from this problem.. imagine my FYP report having to redo! erm wait.. I did redo 8 pages of text! MSWord crashed... (WordPad I love you)
    NO !! use openoffice !! support LINUX !!

    tht MS word got background save ? if you use word xp, it will recover your lost document ( provide it is not hard disk crash )




  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Originally posted by oceanxp


    NO !! use openoffice !! support LINUX !!

    tht MS word got background save ? if you use word xp, it will recover your lost document ( provide it is not hard disk crash )



    I use 2k office... xp too powerhungry for me... had a clipboard crash iirc... lost the entire 8 pages I had been typing for the past forgot-how-long... but my mom shd remember the flying keyboard...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    denizenx, what is ur client overhauling, these technologies you quoted all cover diff areas leh!?


    Also helps if you can tell wat bizness its in as not all software is good for all industry...

    Wah! But seems like u are on the way to big bucks man!

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Originally posted by Zplus
    denizenx, what is ur client overhauling, these technologies you quoted all cover diff areas leh!?


    Also helps if you can tell wat bizness its in as not all software is good for all industry...

    Wah! But seems like u are on the way to big bucks man!
    not overhauling... getting it/IT... replacing EVERYTHING...
    it's an F&B MNC...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •