Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice !! Taking photo on the following theme

Default Advice !! Taking photo on the following theme

Hello~! Yep my bio teacher had thrown me off this time round since i prefer taking pictures of the nature she asked me take on environment frendly images

Anyone kind enuf to tell me wad could i take coz i blif normal people will think abt the recycling dustbin n solar cells abv the terrance (is it? ) yep !

Thanks so much

Default Re: Advice !! Taking photo on the following theme

Go to Toyota showroom, take photos of the Prius.

Quote Originally Posted by Singer high
    Go to Toyota showroom, take photos of the Prius.
    huh si mo lai de? my inference fm toyota is car .. ORH!! GREEN CAR ?

Yup, it's a hybrid car, therefore environment friendly!

Just my wild suggestion, feel free to ignore...

lol @ least u did suggest la.. apparently nobody sees / bothers abt this thread =(

Default Advice !! Taking photo on the following theme

students/volunteers clearing rubbish on the beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by hub_bo
    Hello~! Yep my bio teacher had thrown me off this time round since i prefer taking pictures of the nature she asked me take on environment frendly images

Anyone kind enuf to tell me wad could i take coz i blif normal people will think abt the recycling dustbin n solar cells abv the terrance (is it? ) yep !

Thanks so much

i'm not being lame.... just trying to help

http://images.google.com.sg/images?s...ly&btnG=Search

Quote Originally Posted by tsan81
    i'm not being lame.... just trying to help

http://images.google.com.sg/images?s...ly&btnG=Search
    blif me i tried tt.. thou tt wasnt my kw.. but thanks =) i smhow got sm concept but unfortunately is either my ixus nt good 4 me or i not gd for it lol

I think your teacher have made this project interesing, at the same time force you to do some research first.... Google is our best friend.

1) Search for "Environmental Concerns- How to be Green, How to be Environmental friendly, Environmental Living.... etc"
    http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/TOPIC_Envir...riendly_Living

2) Look out for :
    Ways to Conserve Energy in your home - Consult mama
    Renewable Energy and Recycling
    Products made from Recycle material
    Fuel Efficient Cars - hybrids cars
    Environmentally Friendly Shopping - "use less paper/plastic bags" signs

Good Luck.

Yup, go with your interest.
    Me, I like cars, that's why I suggested taking pics of hybrid cars. Besides the Prius there's also the Honda Civic Hybrid.

You mentioned you like nature, so go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by hub_bo

Thanks so much
    take a couple sharing a straw... haha... environmentally and mentally friendly... ultimate, share disposable spoon & fork with 1 set meal.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Sorry for the OT. I would suggest that you choose other topics other than cars.

Though Hybrids emits lesser exhaust emission than conventional cars, these cars are equipped with battery packs using Nickel Metal Hydride batteries. Such batteries are not exactly environmental friendly if you know how posionous lead is, with even a tiny amount can cause brain and kidney damage, hearing impairment, and learning problems in children.

Though many efforts have been put in to rescue vehicle batteries being discarded in a dump, how many can actually be properly disposed. In third world countries, children and kids sourced through these dumps to make a living. Just imagine them coming in contact with lead.

As such, anything that got to do with cars (Conventional and Hybrids alike) are not environmental friendly.

As to what environmental images are, I could think of a few that associates with our daily life which I do not know if they help:
    i. Aunties collecting cans in hawker centre
    ii. Kurung Guni collecting junks (e.g newspaper)
    iii. Hawkers using plates instead of CFC styrofoam boxes
    iv. School or organisations collecting old computers and refurbish them for the poor

Cheers
    Last edited by Lmodel; 23rd September 2006 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    take a couple sharing a straw... haha... environmentally and mentally friendly... ultimate, share disposable spoon & fork with 1 set meal.
    I like this idea the best, its different, its funny, and it is environmentally friendly.

As they say, Conserve water, Take a bath with a friend

How bout this? http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/1b6d84/ Take pics of actual recycling process in Sg?

woah thanks guys =) I got some ideas up my sleeve as well =) esp liked lmodel's daily life ideas coz tt was wad i was thinkin as well

Go to Bouna Vista, at the junction of Postdown road (opp the Caltex) you will see a locked up "petrol" station.....it is actually the hydrogen top up point for the Mercz hydrogen hybrid car....Take a pic of the station and explain the entire concept.

Go to the dumping ground and take pics of the mountains of rubbish?

After a 2nd tot, I remember the NTUC ad afew months back. U know the ad with an NTUC plastic bag flying around the country?? Take some thing similar loh.... I always think that NTUC is publicising in the negative way with that ad

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    After a 2nd tot, I remember the NTUC ad afew months back. U know the ad with an NTUC plastic bag flying around the country?? Take some thing similar loh.... I always think that NTUC is publicising in the negative way with that ad
    my teacher has this stupi habit of "a picture paints a thousand words"

Actually, instead of cars, maybe you can also take pictures of public transport? Or bicycles?
    Other then that, the most pressing environmental issues in Singapore are probably waste generation and water.

my idea was focusing more on water.. my dad commented thou sae our toilet nt v gd place to take foto. sae is too dim.. how?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast