View Poll Results: Who will be the next Singapore Idol?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hady

26 48.15%
  • Jonathan

28 51.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's the next Singapore Idol?

Default Re: Who's the next Singapore Idol?

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    The show's a joke

We're at this stage of the competition and they're still "singing" off-key

And the "judges" can still say they are good???

I thought they were all supposed to have been given vocal training...or was it vocal straining?

_
    Dude!! Did you only just realise the shows a joke??? That Paul Onehill or was it Threehill, made it as far as he did????? No image, no vocals..... must be the braces.... damn need to get to get some of those...... like I need an enima...... NOT!

I thought you would have figured that out in season 1, I know I did.

I think they were given some training, if you even want to call it that.

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    The show's a joke

We're at this stage of the competition and they're still "singing" off-key

And the "judges" can still say they are good???

I thought they were all supposed to have been given vocal training...or was it vocal straining?

_
    I am tone-deaf...therefore I can't tell! But my wife who is trained in music , told me yesterday this too!

Quote Originally Posted by hondasleeper View Post
    Dude!! Did you only just realise the shows a joke??? That Paul Onehill or was it Threehill, made it as far as he did????? No image, no vocals..... must be the braces.... damn need to get to get some of those...... like I need an enima...... NOT!

I thought you would have figured that out in season 1, I know I did.

I think they were given some training, if you even want to call it that.
    U are talking abt a scripted talent competition.

So basically judges have to choose the best out of the worst and to add onto that, a very kelong style SMS style voting which is pretty obvious who would the winner be.

Ironically, those singers that are doing extremely well are those that DID NOT GO THRU talent competitions such as these.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Hady won.. oh well hope all the best to the final two contestants.

i never watched the show but today , on the bus, i watched it for the 1st time.

All I can say " this is a kid show" !!

look at all those supporters, yelling and cheering, but they are all under 16.......
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by hondasleeper View Post
    Dude!! Did you only just realise the shows a joke???
    Nope, that was my impression after DL opened his mouth to snub the first person who auditioned in the first season.

BTW, I only caught the last two telecasts of this season, hence my comment about their lack of training and the judges incredible statements.

_

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Hady won.. oh well hope all the best to the final two contestants.
    If he continues to sing, the way he sang his "victory song" in the results show, the only companies that're going to sign him on are the ones who manufacture bird scaring machines.

_

[In Ken Lim's tone of voice] : Overall this is a mediacorp malfunction, hard to believe I'm still paying TV taxes...

Well it's not like the last few American Idol winners were that good or charismatic. Or that you need actual talent or make it big *cough*cough*ParisHilton*cough*cough*

Not that I'm defending the show; if I were an advertiser, I'd be wondering why the show seems so targeted at teenagers. And yes, some of those in the top twelve were ATROCIOUS.

I want to cry already. Jonathan lost

Watched the final only but didnt watch the results show. Hady really that bad in the "Victory song"?

To be fair Jon and Hardy are not bad... if u are talking about small competitions. But to be Idol status... I'm not sure leh. After watching American Idol, I'm kinda biased. Can't compare like dat I suppose. But I thot the 2 young men on Sunday sang a bit off pitched at certain times. Did they?

Also dunno why they say Jon got looks? Or that Hardy's performance of George Michael's Freedom is fantastic. Almost as good as Michael himself! It's good but I dun think it's fantastic leh.

Whatever it is, I'm not optimistic they will go far. Spore Idol is just a novelty. Since the last competition Taufik is now only a name and someone who appears now and then in some national events or shopping center atriums.

the quality of the competition is like ****....
    eat. drink. shoot

They should rename it miming idol or lip syncing idol . Yesterday on the results show, it was so obvious, paul twohill having the mic away from his mouth and his singing went on??? Mathilda also!!! Then i think the drummer is a robot, everything on time and erm hit the same strength ??? Then the violins sounded more like some VSTS or sound samples i think i heard a violin rather than a group of violin.

Seriously if mediacorp wants to continue the series, they would have to do better than that. Get more credible singers, have more budget (so that we won't hear VST and mechanical drums as they might lack proper resource to mic them up ).

BTW if you are shocked hady won, just some info, a sms was spreading at about 6.30 with news "leaked" abt johnathan having 51.5% votes vs Hady 48.5%. I received one myself. Maybe that could be the main cause??? Whoever started it really played dirty......

Well, whatever and whoever spurred that crazy SMSing thing is sure gonna get it big time once they receive their bills!

And Mediacorp and the respective Telcos will be saying, "Thank you for ur support!"

Yes. Support (literally) the singer and support (literally) the TV station for churning out such a crap show and support (literally) the telecos.

The winner may be Taufik or Hady but the real winners are Mediacorp & Telcos and the biggest losers are everyone of 'em who SMSed in!
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

the best part of singapore idle is the audition part.. i only luv dat part... the rest i dun bother.. kinda stupid to support them when they dun even know r u.. i guess when those kid grows up they know how stupid they r by throwin all the money on some crap stranger they dun know and cant make it big.. feel sad for their parents..

having the results announced the next day is fishy enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by biggmalique View Post
    having the results announced the next day is fishy enough for me.
    How's Singtel going to get their 1 million smses if the result is on the same night ?

When Hady's album out, anyone want to do mass order?

I hope it ends here and no more Singapore Idol Part 3. People have suffered enough. Not only those who spent money on SMS but also those poor people who have no cable TV or have no car and subjected to Mobile TV abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Do people here seriously think these 2 characters can make it big???

Where's Sylvester and Taufiq now???

Taufiq makes softee/big glup for 7-11, actually spokesman
    Slyvester sing in the lounge.....

Taufiq can do well in regional market (Indonesia, Malaysia), Slyvester suppose to be doing well in Taiwan with his Ah Beng looks, but the problem is Taiwan got "Tai Ke", dun need Ah Beng.

Hady should be following Taufiq footstep in Indonesia and Malaysia, maybe be spokesman for "Cheers" chain, Jonathan has better chance in Taiwan, China and Hongkong should he sings well in Chinese, he definately have higher chance than Slyester....

but than again, both of them are not really good Singers in my point of view, maybe I watch America Idol too much, I bet both of them cannot even pass the last 16 if they were to join.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast