Thread: Bought anything from Adorama.com?

Default Bought anything from Adorama.com?

Anyone here has bought anything from www.adorama.com? Feedbacks are appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Bought anything from adorama.com?

I havnt personally brought anything from adorma but its a recomended online store.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    Anyone here has bought anything from www.adorama.com? Feedbacks are appreciated. Thanks.
    I bought a used 1D from them some time back, and recently a Spyder. They don't accept credit cards from Singapore though. They made exceptions for me because I was a returning customer. Response via email is pretty fast. Shipment is very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by shinken
    I bought a used 1D from them some time back, and recently a Spyder. They don't accept credit cards from Singapore though. They made exceptions for me because I was a returning customer. Response via email is pretty fast. Shipment is very fast.
    I did buy things from adorama before too
    But, I didnt get any problem due to my singapore registered credit card.
    What did they tell you then?

Blog Entries

i got problems with them cos they dun accept my singaporean bank-issued VISA. gave me some c0ck-and-bull story via email why they dun accept. told them to fly kite and took my business to bhphotovideo instead. bhp delivered within 5 working days.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by squalle
    I did buy things from adorama before too
    But, I didnt get any problem due to my singapore registered credit card.
    What did they tell you then?
    Just like what nightwolfbro said. After confirming the order, they actually sent another mail saying my order is rejected because my credit card is issued in SG, and that I need to pay in US funds through cheques or wired transfer. I emailed asking for allowance as I am a returning customer.

The story continues actually. They emailed me back and said "no" (as in, not willing to make allowances), so I promptly ordered from bhphoto. To my surprise, the next day adorama emailed me saying the order had been shipped. So now I'm waiting for my shipment from bhphoto, and will be stuck with 2 sets of spyders, which u guys will see in BnS soon.

Just like what nightwolfbro said. After confirming the order, they actually sent another mail saying my order is rejected because my credit card is issued in SG, and that I need to pay in US funds through cheques or wired transfer. I emailed asking for allowance as I am a returning customer.

The story continues actually. They emailed me back and said "no" (as in, not willing to make allowances), so I promptly ordered from bhphoto. To my surprise, the next day adorama emailed me saying the order had been shipped. So now I'm waiting for my shipment from bhphoto, and will be stuck with 2 sets of spyders, which u guys will see in BnS soon.
    you should send an email to adorama to tell them that you wanna reject the entire shipment since they are the ones who rejected, and did not give a confirmation again when they are shipping.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    you should send an email to adorama to tell them that you wanna reject the entire shipment since they are the ones who rejected, and did not give a confirmation again when they are shipping.
    Didn't help. The shipment was made already, when the "confirmation" email was sent. I specifically replied to the "no" email asking to void the transaction. What the heck, hope the Spyder sells and I don't have to lose.

So far they never reject my Singapore applied credit card (may be because post through Vpost)? Shipment is quite fast, but they tend to over-rated their used item .
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

same thing happened to me, shinken
    But I guess I was patient enough to wait for a few days then the deal went thru.

maybe the bank issuing the card matters
    American bank issuing in singapore maybe treated differently?

Quote Originally Posted by squalle
    same thing happened to me, shinken
    But I guess I was patient enough to wait for a few days then the deal went thru.

maybe the bank issuing the card matters
    American bank issuing in singapore maybe treated differently?
    I used a Citibank card, so maybe not, in my case. But wat the heck, I got the order in the end. After I decided I don't want it anymore tho.

Didn't help. The shipment was made already, when the "confirmation" email was sent. I specifically replied to the "no" email asking to void the transaction. What the heck, hope the Spyder sells and I don't have to lose.
    dont they have a return policy? they should do..

I purchase via mail order and also from the store directly whenever I'm in New York, no hassles with my SG credit card either way. My credit card was verified by them prior to my first purchase (sent an image of the front and back of card) and all has been well since. I find Adorama to be professional and efficient.

Another reputable online retailer I can recommend is www.keh.com who will ship overseas although their shipping charges can be pretty expensive at times.

generally no problem
    sometimes they have issues with delievering on time though
    their refurb prices are pretty good.
    as of now, the 35L is going for 970usd shipped no tax and is given similar warranty coverage
    Regards, Mark Pang
    www.markpangphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd
    dont they have a return policy? they should do..
    I think they do. But instead of wasting money on shipment and time on emailing, I'll see if I can pass the savings to another willing buyer here.