Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 126

Thread: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

  1. #81

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    I think I shall make a move 1st.


    .

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    No problems. Wish you and your plans push through tomorrow!

  3. #83

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Tomorrow?
    Was thinking of solving my hard problem tonite!

    .

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Solving any hard problems requires a soft touch .

  5. #85

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    I'll take it to bed. Hopefully will have solution in hand tomorrow morning.

    .

  6. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Ay, make sure it's all wrapped up by then .

  7. #87

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    or you can sleep on it.

  8. #88

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Quote Originally Posted by dkw
    Good grief! You write 1,000 word posts and then hide behind your low post count and paint yourself a victim getting lynched? Puhleez!
    Ok i am going to play cheat and fast forward to some later posts.

    Did i say i was the one getting lynched? Nope. In fact, point it out where i said that i was getting bullied by other members, and i will say you are correct.

    You want to come into the debate, at least have the common senseto read what your opponent wrote.

  9. #89

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken
    Dude, the word creampie was (presumably) used figuratively to describe the model. That's the context. The model happens to be a female at that. Someone point out another figurative meaning that's demeaning. Why are you fighting so hard to defend the innocence of the word? The negative connotation of the word exists, regardless of what you say. To some people, it's innocent. To some people, it's demeaning. That's reality. If you care enough about the model's image and the image of the shoot, then consider the feelings of those who found it demeaning. If you don't care for the image of the model and the shoot in these people's (who know the 'other' meaning for creampie) eyes, then just ignore them.

    Btw, it is not my fault that I know the derogatory meaning for creampie, and and that I was immediately offended by the thread title. But wat the heck, offence isn't intended, so there's no offence?
    Dude, read thread #15.

    From what you wrote, it appears to me that you realize while some understand the negative connotation, some do not necessary embrace it? Is that what you meant?

    Now, imagine if the portion of the people that embrace the negative conntation insist to take down a thread with the title Creampie, with total disregard to those who do not share their opinion. And that is fine?

    Like i said in #15, i dont really care what your opinion. I am sure you dont care about mine. But a certain group find a need to assert their opinion on others, so i just happily do likewise.

  10. #90

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Quote Originally Posted by fattyboonboon
    Dude, read thread #15.

    From what you wrote, it appears to me that you realize while some understand the negative connotation, some do not necessary embrace it? Is that what you meant?

    Now, imagine if the portion of the people that embrace the negative conntation insist to take down a thread with the title Creampie, with total disregard to those who do not share their opinion. And that is fine?

    Like i said in #15, i dont really care what your opinion. I am sure you dont care about mine. But a certain group find a need to assert their opinion on others, so i just happily do likewise.
    Dude, embracing negative connotation is miles and worlds different from being sensitive to others from being associated with one.

    I rest my case. Happy warring.

  11. #91

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    My answers:
    1) Yeah my mom loves to do that to me. But can I say no to her?
    2) Where`s option C? There is no mistake in the title, it is totally acceptable and there is only a group of people making a mountain out of a freaking "creampie".

    Jeez what is the commotion over a freaking word? It can refer to ladies decently, some use it on their GFs(seen/heard while in college), internet porn sites and RA jokes on the web. So which version are you going to use is up to you.
    Thank you. I agree with you entirely. Whatever ideas/meanings/connotations that we devised for ourselves, we keep them to ourselves.

    We must be prepared to realize that over the same thing, there can potentially be a drastic difference in opinions.

    And the wise way of using this knowledge is to not impose your own ideas on others.

  12. #92

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    boonboon, retreat while u still can.
    else u may really suffer the same fate as quite a few others before you.


    .

  13. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Quote Originally Posted by fattyboonboon
    Dude, read thread #15.

    From what you wrote, it appears to me that you realize while some understand the negative connotation, some do not necessary embrace it? Is that what you meant?

    Now, imagine if the portion of the people that embrace the negative conntation insist to take down a thread with the title Creampie, with total disregard to those who do not share their opinion. And that is fine?

    Like i said in #15, i dont really care what your opinion. I am sure you dont care about mine. But a certain group find a need to assert their opinion on others, so i just happily do likewise.
    (incredulous look)

    Hey, are you really sure you're involved in science and engineering? I thought ppl in science really have better things to do, or at least the people that I know of.

    Honestly, you could use the effort to argue to either cultivate your new hobby or invest it in more productive past times.

    To put it straight:

    1) I don't think all of us are interested nor have the time to interact in an 'intelligent debate' where each post last up to a 1000 words. Neither am I, and it was never an 'intelligent debate', because there is nothing worthwile to argue about. Period.

    2) Duh, of course a portion of ppl will ask the thread to be taken down. The world has its fair share of tight asses....fact of life. You can't please everybody.The shoot is still going to go on isn't it?

    3)Honestly, you're use of finesse and flowery words to weave your subtle verbal dodging in and out is getting everybody on their nerves. It gives the impression that you're a hoity toity 'finger in the air' intellectual who just wants to get his way.

  14. #94

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisp
    3)Honestly, you're use of finesse and flowery words to weave your subtle verbal dodging in and out is getting everybody on their nerves. It gives the impression that you're a hoity toity 'finger in the air' intellectual who just wants to get his way.
    I totally disagree with you on this .... i think boonboon writes well and has a good command and a good grasp of the English language .... At least for me, i enjoy his words ... I think this pt 3 is hitting below the belt...
    always the Light, .... always.

  15. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Quote Originally Posted by fattyboonboon
    Ok i am going to play cheat and fast forward to some later posts.

    Did i say i was the one getting lynched? Nope. In fact, point it out where i said that i was getting bullied by other members, and i will say you are correct.

    You want to come into the debate, at least have the common senseto read what your opponent wrote.
    Go ahead, run and hide......

  16. #96
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Apart from the shifting of grounds, now its selective rebuttals and dodging of painful blows.

  17. #97

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisp
    I didn't know about that thread until eiks pointed it out to me. Ignorance is, or was rather, bliss, as they say.

    *Chuckle* As to fattyboonboon, I'm terribly amused by what you said. Yes I have a dirty mind, and yes I'm partial to the opposite sex.

    Yes I'm vulgar, to the point. And yes I 'm pretty blunt so a point when I look back I felt I went too far (the deadpoet saga is one of those).

    And yes, I did think you were abit of a congenital half wit. However after this thread you changed my mind! You convinced me you're a fully fledged one at that!

    Alright, I'd be more realistic. You're not a congenital halfwit. I simply think you have a big ego that you see a need to patch up.

    However I believe idiots won't become idiots for long. Some of them even became smarter than me =/. So I'm willing to take my words back if you decide to go along that path.

    I simply couldn't believe it when I saw this..in fact I'm not gonna refute you at all. If ya believe you're right and have a need for a public debate (though it's more like washing dirty linen) go right ahead! I don't have the stellar results in my O level english, I'm from a polytechnic and plus I'm an engineering university student! I simply couldn't argue with you (or qualified) to argue with you in any sort of way since my 'formal' english vocabulary isn't that extrapolative enough!


    I was just simply trying to point out that people may view the word in another manner and warn the thread starter as so.

    And hey doc, how many admirers have you been garnering lately!?!? *Ponders whether purchase a bunch of books for you to autograph for CS-ers when he comes back in July next year*
    Wisp, you are finally here.

    I do not agree with what you say in the 2nd and 3rd statements, nor did i ever claim that you are. But if that is your opinion, it is not right for me to try to force you to change it.

    However, i have to say, i am disappointed with you. I stated right at the start to keep this civilised and intelligent, but you resorted to mud-slinging like a 15 yr old on some gaming forum? If there is anything i learn from those forums, is that mud-slinging has a miraculous, undefined tracjectory of having the mud land right back at your own face.

    So you went from exerting your personal idea that Creampie is a porn word, to exerting your idea that i am a congenital half-wit (going to a full wit) and an idiot onto me now? You really cant take the fact that there is a differing opinion outside of your own isnt it?

    You didnt have stellar results for 'O' level, i FAILED my english in 'A' levels.

    Polytechnic student? Engineering student? What has that got to do with anything? Are you implying that they naturally have poor english?

    While i do admit that some of my students are struggling with english, there are those who actually do excel in that. I do not agree with the generalization that all poly or engineering students have weak english, and i have no intention of propagating that false stereotype.

    So you want to continue with your mud-slinging while hiding behind your poor english? Since you keep insisting that your english is holding you back, come, let me help you. I will suggest a few words for you and you are welcome to sling it at me.

    Pompous, Bigot, Moron, Dolt, Jerk, Skunk, Egghead, Imbecile, Dork, Jackass, and do you want to include "Creampie" too?

    Haha, i am not a fanboy of Doc. I am merely greeting my opponent, which is common courtesy among competitions or debates. I am just acknowledging that we have met before and his kindness for showing me his equipment. I believe that helps to control the atmosphere and keep everyone's cool. Not too sure about coming in gun-totting and mud slinging though.

    If you want to insist i am a fanboy, i think i am more of a fan of Mattlock's works and another photographer here(who has not appeared in this thread so i shall leave him out). Not that doc is not good, but it is all down to personal taste. So no offence to anyone.

  18. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised
    I totally disagree with you on this .... i think boonboon writes well and has a good command and a good grasp of the English language .... At least for me, i enjoy his words ... I think this pt 3 is hitting below the belt...
    *shrug* that's all right if you disagree with me. I stand by what I said. However, I would suggest there's often more than one aspect of intepreting somebody's words, like what I'm saying to you now .
    Last edited by Wisp; 22nd September 2006 at 01:41 PM.

  19. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    611

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Quote Originally Posted by fattyboonboon
    Wisp, you are finally here.

    I do not agree with what you say in the 2nd and 3rd statements, nor did i ever claim that you are. But if that is your opinion, it is not right for me to try to force you to change it.

    However, i have to say, i am disappointed with you. I stated right at the start to keep this civilised and intelligent, but you resorted to mud-slinging like a 15 yr old on some gaming forum? If there is anything i learn from those forums, is that mud-slinging has a miraculous, undefined tracjectory of having the mud land right back at your own face.

    So you went from exerting your personal idea that Creampie is a porn word, to exerting your idea that i am a congenital half-wit (going to a full wit) and an idiot onto me now? You really cant take the fact that there is a differing opinion outside of your own isnt it?

    You didnt have stellar results for 'O' level, i FAILED my english in 'A' levels.

    Polytechnic student? Engineering student? What has that got to do with anything? Are you implying that they naturally have poor english?

    While i do admit that some of my students are struggling with english, there are those who actually do excel in that. I do not agree with the generalization that all poly or engineering students have weak english, and i have no intention of propagating that false stereotype.

    So you want to continue with your mud-slinging while hiding behind your poor english? Since you keep insisting that your english is holding you back, come, let me help you. I will suggest a few words for you and you are welcome to sling it at me.

    Pompous, Bigot, Moron, Dolt, Jerk, Skunk, Egghead, Imbecile, Dork, Jackass, and do you want to include "Creampie" too?

    Haha, i am not a fanboy of Doc. I am merely greeting my opponent, which is common courtesy among competitions or debates. I am just acknowledging that we have met before and his kindness for showing me his equipment. I believe that helps to control the atmosphere and keep everyone's cool. Not too sure about coming in gun-totting and mud slinging though.

    If you want to insist i am a fanboy, i think i am more of a fan of Mattlock's works and another photographer here(who has not appeared in this thread so i shall leave him out). Not that doc is not good, but it is all down to personal taste. So no offence to anyone.
    Why should I bother? You already did the mud slinging on yourself already by going epileptic on my comments.
    Last edited by Wisp; 22nd September 2006 at 01:40 PM.

  20. #100
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Dear Wisp and Reliance: The Word "Creampie"

    Aiyoh! Make peace everybody.
    Late to this thread but die lah my nickname is, is er... CREAMPUFF...
    Got any negative connotations or not?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •