Thread: My fren In front of Marina Sq

Default My fren In front of Marina Sq

Hi all, this is my first time posting, also the first time i using a DSLR. Please give me your comments so that i can improve. Please dont comment on the poor model as she is pull in at the very last minute and is not very haapy abt it. haha. Thank you

Default Re: My fren In front of Marina sq

watch you angle. there is a light stick protruding from her head. lighting quite flat. color also quite dull.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Photo taking is not all about the technical aspects. Since you know she is not happy, you shouldn't take her pictures in the first place. Learning to capture the right moment is more important than capturing a technically accurate picture. Since picture is all about immortalising a moment, an ugly picture would mean immortalising an ugly moment forever.
    Last edited by Yezrah; 21st September 2006 at 12:31 AM.

Don't be too carried away by the technical stuff, Yezrah is right, your subject's more important.

Default Re: My fren In front of Marina Sq

Questions you could ask youself:

What are you trying to achieve/tell with the pic? Is it about the model? The place? Both? It seems neither here nor there. Quite uninspiring and a typical "tourist" shot.

I would suggest: Move the model more to the left, capture the more of the buildings in the background. And try to make the model smile a bit. That in itself, is a skill.

Good luck.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman
    Questions you could ask youself:

What are you trying to achieve/tell with the pic? Is it about the model? The place? Both? It seems neither here nor there. Quite uninspiring and a typical "tourist" shot.

I would suggest: Move the model more to the left, capture the more of the buildings in the background. And try to make the model smile a bit. That in itself, is a skill.

Good luck.
    Wave a $10,000 note in front of your subjects next time, that will make anyone smile...

Hi All,

Thank you for your reply and comments. really appreciate it. Let me try to improve it. Thanks again and keep the comments coming

Since you have a model, the subject should be the model. Thus, maybe can zoom in closer and do a portrait shot, maybe a half body or shoulder & head shot?