Thread: SLIK Sprint Pro suitable for DSLR?

Default SLIK Sprint Pro suitable for DSLR?

Hi all,
    Like to have some opinions on whether the SLIK Sprint Pro tripod is suitable for DSLR? Does anyone have any experience with this combo?

Default Re: SLIK Sprint Pro suitable for DSLR?

metallilan is using this combo with his d70 + 18-70 kit lens... might want to ask him.
    anyway personally i think it is very possible but if you got the $ to spare, go for the 330dx instead... much much steadier.
    price wise it is about 110-120+... not much more expensive than the sprint pro

Thanks for the advice!

Get the 330DX if you need stability and you use it often.

For me, i don't have any heavy lenses, and i don't use my tripod often. Reason is because my sprint pro is inherited from my use of my prosumer camera before i upgraded.

The Sprint Pro is a versatile and light tripod, but i had problems getting it to be steady because its 4 section and i have to be careful not to nudge it else camera shake will occur during long exposure.

I havent had much problems with the Sprint Pro with my D70 so far...took it out for all the SFF and fireworks events... but like i said, i prefer the the 330DX for its stability...

The choice is yours
    Last edited by metallilan; 18th September 2006 at 10:49 PM.