Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Soo Kee Fashion Show

Default Re: Soo Kee Fashion Show

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Hmmmmm...

I actually got a PM from one of those ladder shooters warning me with legal action of defamation if I actually posted pictures which may identify them.... Hmmmm

Was that a threat?

The ladder users right at the front was part of the problem but there were lots of other users who were very inconsiderate and they actually moved to the front and almost blocked the way of the models when they were doing the catwalk. And those were the ones whom I am actually targetting in this thread.

Mebbe the organisers could have some form of barricades for the sides to ensure that ppl do not over-step such lines...

BS..

The more i think you should post..

Dont worry, there isnt a single legislation locally that can get you in trouble

If someone just posts a pic of the people standing on ladder w/o writing any comments, I don't think that would make it an issue. Just taking photos of people in a public space. You could be taking pics of the models, the audience, fellow photographers and fellow photographers who just so happen to be standing on ladders.

Let the viewer interprete for himself/herself.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

I think there is no need to do anything. Neither should you guys cheer him on to post pictures. We should only be here to share photography and not to promote enmity.

Posting irrelevant pictures and insinuating something about others in THIS forum is already a violation of the forum rules.

No need to get all so excited about such trivial matter in a PHOTOGRAPHY thread.
    Last edited by ianpaice; 26th September 2006 at 12:53 AM.

Link Removed. Those still interested pls do a search on it.

Due to a request from Mr Tan.
    Dear Sir,

You have posted a link: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=223479&page=4 (#64 gang ladder thread) even though has expired has pictures contained within which may identify the individual/s concerned whom has already lodged a complaint to the police. We know you are not involved but could you kindly remove the link, I have also informed the moderators about it but hoped that on your part you can follow up with your action. I would like to thank you for your kind attention.

Mr Tan
    Ministry of Ed/Ev
    Last edited by TMC; 26th September 2006 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canongrapherL View Post
    Do not post pictures. It is a public place and anyone can use watever they want or block whoever they may have intentionally or unintentionally done so.
    I guess all the millions spent on the Courtesy campaigns failed.

It is NOT a criminal offence and so there is no right to defame anyone. If you are prepared to fork out money and risk your wonderful life for some law suits, go ahead. Otherwise I advise you to be reserve in your opinions for your own good.
    Who is being defamed here? If they have done it, it shows in the picture, then there is nothing wrong to say that they have done it right?

My ex-classmate is a lawyer and some poor soul who got into a squabble with him some years back ended having to pay $65,000 to end the bitter episode. If you have money or free lawyer, go ahead. Otherwise be aware that there are lot of people outside (with authority or money) that shouldnt be offended unless you are sure that you are up to the game.

Just let it pass...
    Can you consult your friend that on what grounds does posting the picture entitle cause for defamation? This would be interesting piece of knowledge to gain.

very well said ianpaice, it goes to show ur maturity and understanding. I think there was an intent to defame in my opinion - if u reread that post carefully again " i ll post the pictures later...". I have a lawyer friend and showed him this thread and he agreed that there was an intent to cause defamation. If no one warned that fellow, i dare not think of the consequences, however trivial or not the matter may seem. Who is right or wrong we are entitled to our opinion, but if u want to know the answer, consult a lawyer and challenge the case. I rest my case.

Just for the record,

my intention has never been to defame anyone nor target anyone in particular. This was just a rant of a fellow shooter who was actually attending one such shoot for the first time.

Mebbe it was my bad luck to meet up with people who don't understand the meaning of being considerate over their enthusiasm of getting their shots. Fair enough, I WILL NOT post any pictures of any INCONSIDERATE users who are so uptight about being identified. I dun have much money anyway, no point risking being sued by some trigger happy lawyers.

But I will still rant on about their antics and their kiasuism. Remember, I do not any particular person in mind now, rather on the Singaporean antics of being unable to think for the consideration of others. Rushing to the front of the carpet and blocking the way of other shooters, getting their shots no matter wat, are these the actions of hobbyists shooters?

Mebbe this shall be the last such event I will actually attend No point gettign upset over such people anyway. Mebbe it's better to shoot insects which won't get crowded over.

Signing off,
    my last post on this matter.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Usually most events won't be as bad, may be that's because of Charby's angels are simply too attractive

Regarding those inconsiderate shooter, they may not be CSers also , beside DSLR users, there are quite some using P&S also.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Finally, we could end this in a amiable manner rather than with an offending intention.

Shame on those who kept spuring Zac08 on to post pictures - eagerly waiting for that free show.

Instead of promoting peace, you have chose otherwise. For you do not have to care of the consequences but ZAC08 will have to bear the weight of whatever he may post or say later. And still want to rant on the ladders rather than sharing photography knowledge?

Remember, we are no saints ourselves and shouldnt really judge others. Welcome to life!
    Last edited by canongrapherL; 26th September 2006 at 01:16 PM.

insider info -- just to inform everyone concerned with gang ladder thread photos, the individual concerned has made a police report and will issue a copy to the parties involved and course of action to take (areality and espn). For those whom have posted intrusive photos without the party/parties knowledge, please refer to this thread highlighted in red:

Indemnity
    You agree to indemnify and hold ClubSNAP, its officers, subsidiaries and affiliated companies harmless from any and all claims, demands or other liabilities, including legal fees and costs, that are made by any third party due to or arising from Your use of the Web Site or Your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
    If you post material on ClubSNAP, you may prompt third-parties into making statements about you that may be defamatory or offensive, even though your postings may be unobjectionable. You agree not to respond in kind, but to bring these statements to the attention of the Moderators and Administrators. By posting on ClubSNAP you are agreeing to hold ClubSNAP, its officers, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies harmless and release Us from all claims, demands or other liabilities for any statements or material concerning you that are posted on the site by third parties, including by moderators and other volunteers, provided that we avail you with the opportunity to answer. If you are unable to respond because you have been banned from the site, upon request you will be reinstated for a sufficient length of time to respond.

vince123123
    Guests

Just some questions:

1. Could you share what is the complaint made or crime reported in the police report - better yet, post a copy of the report.

2. Does the individual issue a copy of the police report the parties involved? That seems to be rather atypical.

3. Do keep us updated on the police investigations - from my previous experiences with the police, they normally take a long time to respond, if they respond at all.

4. How is the part highlighted in red relevant to this?

Quote Originally Posted by lostworld View Post
    insider info -- just to inform everyone concerned with gang ladder thread photos, the individual concerned has made a police report and will issue a copy to the parties involved and course of action to take (areality and espn). For those whom have posted intrusive photos without the party/parties knowledge, please refer to this thread highlighted in red:

Indemnity
    You agree to indemnify and hold ClubSNAP, its officers, subsidiaries and affiliated companies harmless from any and all claims, demands or other liabilities, including legal fees and costs, that are made by any third party due to or arising from Your use of the Web Site or Your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
    If you post material on ClubSNAP, you may prompt third-parties into making statements about you that may be defamatory or offensive, even though your postings may be unobjectionable. You agree not to respond in kind, but to bring these statements to the attention of the Moderators and Administrators. By posting on ClubSNAP you are agreeing to hold ClubSNAP, its officers, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies harmless and release Us from all claims, demands or other liabilities for any statements or material concerning you that are posted on the site by third parties, including by moderators and other volunteers, provided that we avail you with the opportunity to answer. If you are unable to respond because you have been banned from the site, upon request you will be reinstated for a sufficient length of time to respond.
    Last edited by vince123123; 26th September 2006 at 05:59 PM.

I can't believe a simple outing can escalate into a police report....

What's all this about jostling for space and blocking or even going onto the runway path, hindering the models' work, just to get that picture (ladder or no ladder)? If that picture is that important that your livelihood depends on that shot, just kindly let me know the next time, I'll gladly give up my place for you since I'm just a hobbyist anyway...... The basic essence of why we chose photography as our HOBBY in the first place seems to be lost along the way now.....

Account Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Link Removed. Those still interested pls do a search on it.

Due to a request from Mr Tan.
    I note that in the msg you quoted, he signed off just as "Mr Tan, Ministry of Ed/Ev".
    Quite unusual for a govt official not to even give his initials.
    Also what is the Ministry of Ed/EV? I can't find any Ministry in the gov.sg site that fits this.

This is getting stupid and crappy. Is singapore losing moral justice just becuz the rich and powerful can afford lawsuits to sue poor souls who tries to raise a case against them for their inconsiderate behaviour

No wonder more and more pro photographers are leaving this forum.

Btw, what is Ed stands for in Ministry of Ed/Ev ?Education ? Environment ? Is it a govt ministry ?

Mr Tan, are you writing on the behalf of the Singapore govt ministry ? Pls carify

Pls do not PM me. Stay transparent and post in tis thread.

Thks

Quote Originally Posted by AncientMariner View Post
    I note that in the msg you quoted, he signed off just as "Mr Tan, Ministry of Ed/Ev".
    Quite unusual for a govt official not to even give his initials.
    Also what is the Ministry of Ed/EV? I can't find any Ministry in the gov.sg site that fits this.
    Yap, we need to follow up on this. This is ruining the reputation of singapore govt ministry.

It would be most unwise to publish or furnish a police report on the net as a police report is government property and you are liable to be charged in court. Also it may identify the person/s, his details and cause humiliation. What i can gather is the report has been made and forwarded to the moderator. Other than that I don't know, better don't geibo. Wait for outcome.

Account Suspended

It would be most unwise to publish or furnish a police report on the net as a police report is government property and you are liable to be charged in court. Also it may identify the person/s, his details and cause humiliation. What i can gather is the report has been made and forwarded to the moderator. Other than that I don't know, better don't geibo. Wait for outcome.
    The paper on which the report is written is government property but what is written on it is available to the public.

for those who are so concerned whether this report is genuine or not, latest i heard is that Areality and espn should have already received an email stating the police report and reference no. which they can at anytime call up the police station to check on its existence.

Hope this will be the last post.

I've been watching this post for a while, and I really cannot tahan anymore, so I have to say something.

I feel that there are certain people who are really inconsiderate, and being ultra-defensive by threatening with lawsuits, it shows that these people are also ultra-arrogant as well. Cause humiliation? If "humiliation" is caused, then I say the people deserve it because they WERE being very inconsiderate. How does an un-captioned pic of a photographer on a ladder = "defamation"? Were they official photographers? If they were, then they were doing their job and nobody should have anything to say about that. Bo pian already.

If they weren't official photographers, then they have absolutely no moral grounds to make a fuss. And if anybody wants to post pictures of said people, then I say more power to them. Like I mentioned, what's to stop people from posting such pictures anyway? Why are people being suppressed from expressing what they feel? At an event, from an artistic standpoint, you could take pics of anything and anyone, including those who stand on ladders with faces full-on exposed. It's just a pic. There is no law that says you can't do that (a loophole, if you will, that sggirls.com has managed to ride on for some time already) And if people were to react adversely these pictures, it only means that they are GUILTY of some wrongdoing. Are the other photographers supposed to just shut up just because someone else is rich enough to own a ladder AND hire a lawyer?

Y'know, the way I see things, it's quite pathetic that things would have to degenerate till this state. I stand here, you stand there. You block my way, I not happy. I take affirmative action, you not happy, then threaten to make police report. Then everyone involved would start to drop names and show off their "connections" *pfft* If I were the police, I would think this is one big joke that I'll relate to my other friends on my day off.

C'mon lah, give and take can? Like that also want to fight.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Account Suspended

for those who are so concerned whether this report is genuine or not, latest i heard is that Areality and espn should have already received an email stating the police report and reference no. which they can at anytime call up the police station to check on its existence.

Hope this will be the last post.
    Your post actually raises more questions.
    It is highly irregular for the police to give anyone, other than the complainant, a copy of the report. After a report is lodged and before taking any action, the police will first have to ascertain if a seizable offence (offences for which they are empowered to investigate) has been committed. If so, they will commence investigations and may call or arrest the person accused but need not give him/her a copy of the report though it has to be made available if the lawyer requests it officially. If a non-seizable offence is disclosed, they will advise the complainant to "lodge a complain before a magistrate" and only act when empowered by an order from the magistrate. If they feel it is a civil case, naturally the complainant will be advised to consult a lawyer. In both latter cases, they will not contact the person, against whom the allegations were made, at all.
    Are you sure of your "facts"?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast