Thread: Moth in Monochrome

Default Moth in Monochrome

My macro is still terrible, so I decided to try something a little less macro. This large moth flew into my place so I thought I'd try something with it. Does it work for you?

And here's also a close-up of the moth in more traditional macro shot. Don't really care about the 2nd, but would like thoughts on the first.

My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Default Re: Moth in Monochrome

I think your background killed the focus on the moth. Too messy in terms of tonal range for the moth incomparison with the marble floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim
    I think your background killed the focus on the moth. Too messy in terms of tonal range for the moth incomparison with the marble floor.
    Firstly, Thanks for bothering to comment, else everything is just guess work for me. You're talking about the markings on the back of the moth? There isn't really much here in terms of background.

actually i was refering to the marble flooring as your bg.

I'm inclined to agree with Chris - a bit unlucky that the moth wasn't on something to give a better contrast (something light coloured & plain?). Really nice idea to do it in monochrome though. I like the DoF as well.
    Robbo

Ah ok I get what you mean now. Thanks Robbo for the clarification.