Thread: Dry cabi setting

Default Dry cabi setting

i have been adjusting my new analog dry cabi humidity meter as the humidity seems to be too low... between 29-33. now i just adjusted the humidity knob again (almost at the "High/Blue" regent), issit normal to have such low humidity even with the knob almost at the High regent?

thx for the help
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Default Re: Dry cabi setting

Please see this thread, I believe you will find your answer.

thx for the reply, unfortunately, i still cant find my answer

did i miss something? L means low humidity while H means higher humidity right?

the humidity control knob of the dry cabi is currently set almost to the "H" (green) zone, yet the humidity is still between 29-33%. i've left the cabi unopened for 1 whole month already. i want the humidity to be around 40-45% setting for photog equips only... would appreciate some help, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein

the humidity control knob of the dry cabi is currently set almost to the "H" (green) zone, yet the humidity is still between 29-33%. i've left the cabi unopened for 1 whole month already. i want the humidity to be around 40-45% setting for photog equips only... would appreciate some help, thanks
    Turn it up higher, i doubt its faulty, mine is basically on teh highest setting and its settled at 45%.

Over time ive notcied that the humidity will rise up again, mine is now at 60% so i have taken everything out and im now fine tuning again to get it back down. I think its just a matter of wearing in the de-humidifier.

okay, thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    Over time ive notcied that the humidity will rise up again, mine is now at 60% so i have taken everything out and im now fine tuning again to get it back down. I think its just a matter of wearing in the de-humidifier.
    Or, maybe wearing of sealed on DryCab's door?

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein

In my DryCab (Digi Cabi 40L AD-040), the knob setting is at 8-9 o'clock position. Set the knob where the Green LED is dimmed. If the Green LED is off, the de-humidifier unit is not working. If full bright, de-humidifier working hard.

Regards,
    Arto.

I using dry box how?
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

I may be wrong, but HIGH on dial mean, the box will dried the air inside more, if set to low mean it will not dried too much of the air. If I am wrong please code me, as I think the dial should be working in this way, as my dired box behaves like that.
    Success doesn't come to you,
    you go to it. :)

I don't think the setting knob is very precise and probably each cabinet will have a slight different position. I am still confused what is meant by HIGH or LOW. The best way is to trial and error until you get the RH you want to achieve. Trial & error means you have to set a position and let it stablize for 1 - 2 days. If it never achieve the RH you wanted, then repeat the procedure. I guess most will advise between 45 - 55% RH.

i think mine is now currently mroe or less stable between 40-45%
    humidity control knob is at around 7 o'clock... so for those who wants to know something i just found out, "H" means higher humidity. "L" means lower humidity

Quote Originally Posted by Youhong
    I using dry box how?
    Buy Dry Cab if you don't like bothered by changing or recycle Silica Gel when Humidity inside Dry Box is high. And Silica Gel contain Cobalt Chloride (for blue color humidity indicator) which is known as carcinogen (cancer caused agent).

Regards,
    Arto.

i also think a dry cabinet is the way to go if u are serious about ur equipments. i paid about 50 for my previous dry box, and it lasted only 1 year now i've gotten myself a dry cabinet and with less worries!