Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 190

Thread: LX2 Rocks???

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Quote Originally Posted by sequitur
    all in all i still think it's a great cam.

    just the only downside is the huge files... especially the RAW ones. it's like 6 times the size of my current camera's RAW files... haha
    Just how big is the raw file?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  2. #22

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Just how big is the raw file?

    I think the RAW file is about 20MB.

    It shows that my 2GB SD card can only shoot about 80+ images.

    Well, u can always convert the RAW files to DNG later when the Adobe RAW update becomes available. Should be able to reduce the file size by half.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Quote Originally Posted by weekh
    I think the RAW file is about 20MB.

    It shows that my 2GB SD card can only shoot about 80+ images.

    Well, u can always convert the RAW files to DNG later when the Adobe RAW update becomes available. Should be able to reduce the file size by half.
    Sigh.. so that means if i shoot in Jpeg, the watercolour like effect will happen?

    Weekh, the shot of the exhaust pipes which i highlighted, it was shot in jpeg right?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  4. #24

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    All shots in RAW.

    So u may wanna consider a LX1. Its RAW file is about 16MB. Conver to DNG is about 8MB.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Here is my first "real" LX2 pic, a panorama shot in ISO 100, RAW, converted with dcraw (Linux) processed with Bibble (Linux) and stiched with Autostich (out of 5 overlapping 16:9 pics shot free hand).

    Warnung, the file is huge (15592x2256), 4.5 MByte.

    http://filexoom.com/files/15474/barcelona.jpg

    I think, I overdid the processing with Bibble a bit, especially on the left.

    Enjoy.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Selangor D.E.
    Posts
    1,625

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Blu is still short of purchasing the LX1...from a few post of the watercolor effect in JPG and huge file size in RAW, Would you advice a person who only shoot in JPG, don't bother with post processing RAW, to buy this camera?

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-By-U
    Blu is still short of purchasing the LX1...from a few post of the watercolor effect in JPG and huge file size in RAW, Would you advice a person who only shoot in JPG, don't bother with post processing RAW, to buy this camera?
    why not? if you only print average size, i don think the watercolor effect will be visible

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Selangor D.E.
    Posts
    1,625

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Actually not for blu to use. Blu's dad want a cam with 28mm view. The last cam he used was the FX3 and he was happy with the color and ease of use. Blu locked the ISO to 200 back then and he never complained.

    What he wants is a bigger LCD, 28mm and OIS. If there is a spot focus, all the better. He does not want the FX01 as he says it does not feel like a camera!!!

    Would you suggest blu to hunt for the LX1 instead of the LX2?

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-By-U
    Actually not for blu to use. Blu's dad want a cam with 28mm view. The last cam he used was the FX3 and he was happy with the color and ease of use. Blu locked the ISO to 200 back then and he never complained.

    What he wants is a bigger LCD, 28mm and OIS. If there is a spot focus, all the better. He does not want the FX01 as he says it does not feel like a camera!!!

    Would you suggest blu to hunt for the LX1 instead of the LX2?
    both are pretty much the same to me... except that LX2 have more MP and uses the newer venus III

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Selangor D.E.
    Posts
    1,625

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Aside from the increased MP, what is the other advantages of the venus III engine? Better noise control at higher ISO? more detailed RAW? Faster transfer times? Same or worst watercolor effects? Does it justify the purchase?

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-By-U
    Aside from the increased MP, what is the other advantages of the venus III engine? Better noise control at higher ISO? more detailed RAW? Faster transfer times? Same or worst watercolor effects? Does it justify the purchase?
    I think you should do a search or just wait for the review...

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Selangor D.E.
    Posts
    1,625

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    So far the reviews are how fantastic the LX2 is..no one actually gave a comparison.

  13. #33

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-By-U
    So far the reviews are how fantastic the LX2 is..no one actually gave a comparison.
    Hey Blu,

    No comparison but http://dcresource.com is going to review it this month :-)

    They already have sample images on their site and its looking good. Do watch out for that ISO 800 image

    Will be a great cam as they say "LX1 Rocks"
    "LX2 also Rocks"

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Hi Weekh,

    Thanks for sharing the sample pics. I reckoned it has helped me made up my mind in whether to purchase it or not.

    Cheers!
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  15. #35

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???


    Download the Adobe RAW 3.5 and DNG converter and it works on the LX2 RAW files !!!!!



    Converted all the 20MB RAW files to DNG files. Size of the DNG files are mostly 8 - 9 MB.


    YES!!!!

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Quote Originally Posted by weekh

    Download the Adobe RAW 3.5 and DNG converter and it works on the LX2 RAW files !!!!!



    Converted all the 20MB RAW files to DNG files. Size of the DNG files are mostly 8 - 9 MB.


    YES!!!!
    Erm.. whats DNG? And by Adobe Raw 3.5, do you mean that its a plug in for PS?

    Do share... i'm lost...
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  17. #37

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Full res of the LX2 at ISO 100 can be seen here:

    http://www.lens-scape.com/article/lx2/P1000066a.jpg

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Erm.. whats DNG? And by Adobe Raw 3.5, do you mean that its a plug in for PS?

    Do share... i'm lost...
    DNG is Digital Negative. Its Adobe's answer to the constant conflict of RAW file format amongst the different camera brands. Leica is using the DNG format for its M8 camera...

    http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/

    And Adobe Camera RAW is an extension that works in a way like Nikon Capture and other software that can understand the RAW files of various camera brands. Basically it integrates all the necessary RAW functions to Photoshop CS/CS2 without the hassle of using the camera makers software. Updating the plugin file enables Adobe to update the camera RAW support of the various new models that are constantly released...
    Last edited by metallilan; 19th September 2006 at 11:57 PM.

  19. #39

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Erm.. whats DNG? And by Adobe Raw 3.5, do you mean that its a plug in for PS?

    Do share... i'm lost...

    Different models have different RAW files, even from the same brand and series of cameras.
    The Adobe RAW 3.5 has been updated so that it can read the latest RAW files from the recently launched cameras.

    DNG is a standard RAW format proposed by Adobe. U can use a convertered to convert the various RAW files into the standard DNG format.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: LX2 Rocks???

    Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    DNG is Digital Negative. Its Adobe's answer to the constant conflict of RAW file format amongst the different camera brands. Leica is using the DNG format for its M8 camera...

    http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/

    And Adobe Camera RAW is an extension that works in a way like Nikon Capture and other software that can understand the RAW files of various camera brands. Basically it integrates all the necessary RAW functions to Photoshop CS/CS2 without the hassle of using the camera makers software. Updating the plugin file enables Adobe to update the camera RAW support of the various new models that are constantly released...
    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3523

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •