Thread: Flower by the Castle

Default Flower by the Castle

Hi folks,

Appreciate all comments and suggestions, technical, subjective, objective, or otherwise.

This frame was taken in an island called Naxos (part of the Greek Cyclades), among the narrow streets of an old castle. Time of day was early evening.

I was hoping to capture the harmony between the evening light, the nostalgic castle street, and the flower growing through the castle iron grills.

[Edited] Here's the link in case the image doesn't show up automatically:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/20483169@N00/244372244/

Cheers,
    GB

Default Re: Flower by the Castle

you know, your title reads 'flower by the castle', but the flower is just so inconspiscuous that one hardly notices the flower. i think there is a lack of focus in the photo. trying to put too much into the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by spartacus.ret
    you know, your title reads 'flower by the castle', but the flower is just so inconspiscuous that one hardly notices the flower. i think there is a lack of focus in the photo. trying to put too much into the frame.
    Oh yes, the curse of the wide angle, tempts us all. Thanks for the comment.

Maybe "narrow passage way" is a more appropriate title....

Quote Originally Posted by deTour
    Maybe "narrow passage way" is a more appropriate title....
    Haha, thought about that too. But like they say, our eyes tend to be the perfect lenses that we all are trying in vain to replicate with glass and a CMOS sensor, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker
    Hi folks,

Appreciate all comments and suggestions, technical, subjective, objective, or otherwise.

This frame was taken in an island called Naxos (part of the Greek Cyclades), among the narrow streets of an old castle. Time of day was early evening.

I was hoping to capture the harmony between the evening light, the nostalgic castle street, and the flower growing through the castle iron grills.

[Edited] Here's the link in case the image doesn't show up automatically:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/20483169@N00/244372244/

Cheers,
    GB
    a nice picture, but not a lasting image.

your image somehow conveyed exactly what you wanted, evening light + castle street + iron grills and flower, but there seems to be no real focus in the frame. would suggest that you try converting this into black and white.

btw, i feel your description of 'the nostalgic castle street' is over loosely used. by describing it as 'nostalgic' i would be expecting to look for clues of your past

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    a nice picture, but not a lasting image.

your image somehow conveyed exactly what you wanted, evening light + castle street + iron grills and flower, but there seems to be no real focus in the frame. would suggest that you try converting this into black and white.

btw, i feel your description of 'the nostalgic castle street' is over loosely used. by describing it as 'nostalgic' i would be expecting to look for clues of your past
    Thanks for the suggestion, eikin. They're most helpful.

You're right about the choice of words. A slice of the past would suit it more than nostalgic