Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

  1. #1

    Default "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Has anyone noticed this particular man who will appear during peak hours and start to take on the role of a "traffic warden" or "bus stop conductor" at the bus stops near AMK central? He used to carry a toy radio with blinking lights in the evenings to wave at the buses and recently "upgraded" to a whistle, blowing it everying a bus arrives or leaves the bus stop. Commuters are sometimes stunned by the unexpected shrill sound of the whistle beside their ears. He'd sometimes run in front of the buses and try to "direct" them out of the bus stop, which is kinda dangerous IMO..............

  2. #2
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by maestrolik
    Has anyone noticed this particular man who will appear during peak hours and start to take on the role of a "traffic warden" or "bus stop conductor" at the bus stops near AMK central? He used to carry a toy radio with blinking lights in the evenings to wave at the buses and recently "upgraded" to a whistle, blowing it everying a bus arrives or leaves the bus stop. Commuters are sometimes stunned by the unexpected shrill sound of the whistle beside their ears. He'd sometimes run in front of the buses and try to "direct" them out of the bus stop, which is kinda dangerous IMO..............
    see him all the time, mate.

    he meant no harm, really. jus ignore him la. i think he's so cyber, with the loud blinking radio next to his ears, i bet he'll go deaf very soon.

    he's ok la. never see him go up to anyone or anything, for that matter, and kick up a fuss or an argument.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  3. #3
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    see him all the time, mate.

    he meant no harm, really. jus ignore him la. i think he's so cyber, with the loud blinking radio next to his ears, i bet he'll go deaf very soon.

    he's ok la. never see him go up to anyone or anything, for that matter, and kick up a fuss or an argument.

    waaa so happening? He employ by sbs or a volunteer???

  4. #4
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552
    waaa so happening? He employ by sbs or a volunteer???
    he's doing it FOC like so many photographers here who are willing to do a FOC event shoot la.

    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    1,776

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552
    waaa so happening? He employ by sbs or a volunteer???
    he got mental problem one...i see him everyday evening..but yea..he's harmless..only problem is the whistle is very ear striking..
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    he got mental problem one...i see him everyday evening..but yea..he's harmless..only problem is the whistle is very ear striking..
    alamak... as long as he keeps himself occupied lor...

    find it amusing whenever i see him... but then, felt a bit sorry for him. pitiful, i think.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    1,776

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    alamak... as long as he keeps himself occupied lor...

    find it amusing whenever i see him... but then, felt a bit sorry for him. pitiful, i think.
    yes..i find him very pitiful too... but well...something's bad must have happened to him to make him become insane..

    i still remember one time i was sleeping in the bus, and he blew his whistle so loud that he woke me up..
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

  8. #8
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    An elderly man right? Kinda feel sad for him too

  9. #9
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2
    yes..i find him very pitiful too... but well...something's bad must have happened to him to make him become insane..

    i still remember one time i was sleeping in the bus, and he blew his whistle so loud that he woke me up..
    i bet u missed ur stop.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    An elderly man right? Kinda feel sad for him too
    he kinda look like roy keane, come to think of it.


    he's alrite. sometimes he's amusing. ppl generally dun bother abt him, jus leave him be.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  11. #11

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Sounds like he is trying to be helpful
    Talk to him
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  12. #12
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    I saw him at Hougang interchange once too

  13. #13
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    I saw him at Hougang interchange once too
    he's quite prominent, esp. as he goes around with the funky colorful radio.


    seen him a few times in Orchard too, with plastic bags on his head, apparently using them as caps, hats...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  14. #14
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    I didn't see him with radio. Always see him in typical 'heartland uncle' dressing with plastic bag and whistle.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    I didn't see him with radio. Always see him in typical 'heartland uncle' dressing with plastic bag and whistle.
    he has a no. of attire.

    he will put this funky plastic toy radio so close to his ears and walk around the traffic lights, directing the ppl crossing the road.
    cyber man...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #16

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    he has a no. of attire.

    he will put this funky plastic toy radio so close to his ears and walk around the traffic lights, directing the ppl crossing the road.
    cyber man...
    Yeah - it's kinda sad but he would make an interesting photo subject - provided he doesn't get freaked out about being photographed.

  17. #17
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by maestrolik
    Has anyone noticed this particular man who will appear during peak hours and start to take on the role of a "traffic warden" or "bus stop conductor" at the bus stops near AMK central? He used to carry a toy radio with blinking lights in the evenings to wave at the buses and recently "upgraded" to a whistle, blowing it everying a bus arrives or leaves the bus stop. Commuters are sometimes stunned by the unexpected shrill sound of the whistle beside their ears. He'd sometimes run in front of the buses and try to "direct" them out of the bus stop, which is kinda dangerous IMO..............
    yap seen him most of the time! sometimes he will be at different location nt juz amk most of the times he will juz walk around wif his colorful radio wif the 'rectro' music! think it is juz las year he took up the "bus conductor" job.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin
    yap seen him most of the time! sometimes he will be at different location nt juz amk most of the times he will juz walk around wif his colorful radio wif the 'rectro' music! think it is juz las year he took up the "bus conductor" job.
    oh well, he's keeping himself busy, i can see.

    maybe can use long lens and shoot him from far. he's so cyber with his radio next to his ears man...

    maybe can get some hiphoppers and get him to groove while u shoot! wa seh... happening man!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  19. #19

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Where exactly did you all see him? Right outside AMK MRT?

  20. #20
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: "Bus Conductor" at AMK MRT Bus Stops

    Quote Originally Posted by Sausage
    Where exactly did you all see him? Right outside AMK MRT?
    he;s all over the place la... can't be certain that he'll be at this spot here this week... he could be anywhere!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •