Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why DSLR cannot take movies

Default Re: Why DSLR cannot take movies

i think if the photo quality will drop of there is a video function in it

the classes we judge cameras to be in are not firmly fixed...embrace change...be like water...

technology moves forward, the stumbling blocks of today may not exist in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by IIOII
    Hi I am not a tech buff, may i know why all the DSLR cannot take movies like the smaller compact di-camera? Thanks!
    Actually... this question is commonly asked by WANNABEs.. and usually poseurs. They don't understand image differences between dSLRs and PnS. They're (usually) basically just rich bAst*rds who want to get a dSLR because they can afford to do it so they can look more pro. Yet they are, in their hearts and minds, just simple road side users who just need a simple camera to satisfy their almost non-existant desire for quality images.

This said, dSLR cannot take movies like PnS? it's because of the traditional limit of a mirror. The mirror nowadays act more as a protection against dust landing on the sensors due to changing of lenses. why the mirror continue to exist? it offers close to infinite resolution when viewed through the viewfinder, for things like checking focus etc etc.

I suppose Olympus's inclusion of a 2nd sensor does overcome the problem somewhat. I presume the sensors just need to be upgraded, another cpu added so that data can be processed realtime (wah, dual core dSLR). However, I'd guess that'll just price their SLRs out of the market.

its one thing to disagree and to give different point of views...to be insulting and make personal attacks is counterproductive and rude

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    heard from an IT friend of mine...if you take a single frame from a HD video cam and compare it with that of a single frame from a camera, the camera image's quality beats the HD video frame quality hands down..
    obviously right....

Quote Originally Posted by IIOII
    Hi I am not a tech buff, may i know why all the DSLR cannot take movies like the smaller compact di-camera? Thanks!
    This question has been asked to death. Check other threads, maybe in newbie section.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123