Thread: polarising filter stuck to lens

Default polarising filter stuck to lens

my konix 67mm is tightly fastened to my nikkor 18-70mm lens and i cant twist it at all. how can i get it out? how can i avoid this in future? also, when i look through the viewfinder, it seems a tad grainy and brown. is it because i am charging the battery and therefore it behaves this way? i heard somehwere that when there's no electricity the viewfinder behaves this way.

Default Re: polarising filter stuck to lens

Quote Originally Posted by nemes`S
    my konix 67mm is tightly fastened to my nikkor 18-70mm lens and i cant twist it at all. how can i get it out? how can i avoid this in future? also, when i look through the viewfinder, it seems a tad grainy and brown. is it because i am charging the battery and therefore it behaves this way? i heard somehwere that when there's no electricity the viewfinder behaves this way.
    viewfinder looks grainy? i dono... but viewfinder will look dark without battery.

There's such a thing called filter wrench. You should be able to remove it with that. Just remember to tighten it to finger tightness. Dun overtighten.

As for the viewfinder and the colouration, I'm not really sure.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

A simple way is to put the filter flat on a non-slip mat and twist the lens. The Filter should come off. Good luck!