Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help to stop Internet Child Abuse

Default Re: Help to stop Internet Child Abuse

why no statement declaring, who is behind this website, what organisation and what actions they will do?

it is a good act, but... to me it is just just with a pretty website if no more information to be given.. of course i wish to stop internet child abuse, but i don't want to help someone who is trying to make a 100 000 click website.

Did i miss out any statement in website?

Hi LENS,
    When I receive this email it is as you see it on post #1.
    Though it is not stated who they are, they have state:
    " This petition will be used to put pressure on governments, politicians, financial institutions, payment organisations, Internet service providers, technology companies and law enforcement agencies who have the power to work together to eradicate the commercial viability of online child abuse."

Exactly how they're going to do it I'm not too sure. But as a parent myself, so long as it seem like a chance to help fight child abuse in any way, I'll try to help.

Maybe you might want to email them, their email is stated in my post #1 which I've reproduced below:

light@lightamillioncandles.com

Anyway, thank you for your interest.

Cheers
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

I have lighted mine too.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by LENS
    why no statement declaring, who is behind this website, what organisation and what actions they will do?

it is a good act, but... to me it is just just with a pretty website if no more information to be given.. of course i wish to stop internet child abuse, but i don't want to help someone who is trying to make a 100 000 click website.

Did i miss out any statement in website?
    If you go into the project link, you'll be able to find the required information. Check out the links at the bottom of the page.

The project came from International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children

here's the organisation's website http://www.icmec.org/

quoted below is the information from the above website

The International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children is truly a global agency. Founded in 1998, the Centre promotes the safety and well-being of children through activism, policy development and multinational coordination. Our programs and initiatives are uniting the world and providing international solutions to the problems of child abduction and exploitation.

The International Centre relies on private, public, media and corporate partnerships to support ongoing programs and initiatives. Today, the involvement of countless individuals is having a direct impact of the lives of children around the world.

Thanks to all who have lighted a candle to help those helpless children.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Hi All
    I've received the below in an email sent to me by another CSer.

Please take a little of your time to read it. As internet users ourself I think this is something worth supporting. It don't cost you a cent but just a few mins. of your time.

Thank you.

YQT

The innocent victims of Internet child abuse cannot speak for themselves.

But you can.

With your support, we can eradicate this evil trade.

We do not need your money.

We need you to light a candle of support http://www.lightamillioncandles.com

We're aiming to light One Million Candles by December 31, 2006.

This petition will be used to put pressure on governments, politicians, financial institutions, payment organisations, Internet service providers, technology companies and law enforcement agencies who have the power to work together to eradicate the commercial viability of online child abuse.

You have the power to get them to take action.

Please light your candle at lightamillioncandles.com http://www.lightamillioncandles.com or send an email to light@lightamillioncandles.com.

Together, we can destroy the commercial viability of Internet child abuse sites that are destroying the lives of innocent children.

Kindly forward this email to your friends, relatives and work colleagues so that they can light a candle too.
    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    If you go into the project link, you'll be able to find the required information. Check out the links at the bottom of the page.

The project came from International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children

here's the organisation's website http://www.icmec.org/

quoted below is the information from the above website

The International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children is truly a global agency. Founded in 1998, the Centre promotes the safety and well-being of children through activism, policy development and multinational coordination. Our programs and initiatives are uniting the world and providing international solutions to the problems of child abduction and exploitation.

The International Centre relies on private, public, media and corporate partnerships to support ongoing programs and initiatives. Today, the involvement of countless individuals is having a direct impact of the lives of children around the world.
    thanks eikin for the add. info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12