Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IMF/WBank security

Default Re: IMF/WBank security

Whatever it is, I support the tight security at the IMF WB venue.
    I think in the group, some of the the rifles are loaded with live ammo in the magazines, but not cocked. So no live round in the chamber.

(I think only -- do not really know for sure). But at least one in group has live rounds and rifle cocked and put to safe. You never heard of "put to safe" on AR15 ?

Imagine a real terrorist attack and our SAF + Police fumbling to change magazines. Get killed in the process. Laughing stock all over the world press + media. Surely, it is not allowed to happen.

In a real attack anywhere in the world, you got a very short time to react. At the most 2 seconds. Actually you got a fraction of a second most of the time to react. Before the terrorist detonates the bomb.

So in this kind of situation, shooting to kill is instinctive. You got to save hundreds of lives including your own.

Forget the television crap of "Freeze and identify yourself" -- having a leisurely conversation with the terrorist for 2 minutes negotiating for him to disarm.
    What's that Dirty Harry? "Go ahead, make my day"
    In real life, Dirty Harry would be dead ½ second later after saying that stupid statement.

Yuks! Hollywood crap...
    Last edited by ricohflex; 17th September 2006 at 11:28 AM.

Smile Re: IMF/WBank security

yes, the threat is different. but i cannot imagine that when dealing with 'terrorists' with a vehicle loaded with explosives with intent to cause mass destruction and loss of lives, using rubber pellets is not the appropriate level of readiness. in dealing with such circumstances, the intent is to 'shoot to kill'. full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by sequitur
    i'm pretty sure that this situation is different actually..

probably loaded but maybe not live rounds, but rubber pellets.

yes can kill, but still, more to injure than to kill. the percentage of death is lower.

vince123123
    Guests

think all are just speculating only.

it's loaded and cocked. only fools will play around with gurkhas... their roe is EXTREMELY straightforward, they don't ask questions. whoever crosses their line of protection will get taken down, lethally if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by feryl
    it's loaded and cocked. only fools will play around with gurkhas... their roe is EXTREMELY straightforward, they don't ask questions. whoever crosses their line of protection will get taken down, lethally if necessary.
    Actually, the gurkas quite friendly.
    If u say hi to them, they will say hi to u.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    Forget the television crap of "Freeze and identify yourself" -- having a leisurely conversation with the terrorist for 2 minutes negotiating for him to disarm.
    What's that Dirty Harry? "Go ahead, make my day"
    In real life, Dirty Harry would be dead second later after saying that stupid statement.

Yuks! Hollywood crap...
    Thought he only said that after the guy has no more rounds... hahahhaa

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    Not too sure about their ROEs but I think it might be loaded with either rubber slugs or beanbag rounds (Flexible baton round) - both are non lethal ammo instead live ammo
    people have died from rubber slugs.. so its not exactly non lethal ammo.

confirmed loaded one la... one day.. u take a drive past MM house.. u see the police with MP5... everytime car goes past.. finger goes to the trigger... that will only happen if theres a magazine with bullets already loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    think all are just speculating only.
    Speculation or not. U'll know when u give them a try.

Its pretty easy to make a Molotov Cocktail u know?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jdredd
    confirmed loaded one la... one day.. u take a drive past MM house.. u see the police with MP5... everytime car goes past.. finger goes to the trigger... that will only happen if theres a magazine with bullets already loaded.
    Definitely loaded, if you walk around suntec shopping area, its hard to walk for 2mins without bumming into a policeman, some are armed. i have never heard that policemen are deployed with guns that are not loaded. Not wise to play around with gurkhas, theres a reason why all sensitive areas are guarded by them.

guns should be loaded but not cocked.

normally, when i do guard duty during NSF times, the loaded mag is in the mag pouch. but i remember there are times where the officer tell me to load the mag but not to **** the gun.

Okay...

The gurkha's guns are loaded. They are there to spray bullets on cars that try to crash through the crash barrier.

One horn, and they will not hesitate to shoot. No questions asked. Straightforward action.

Their role is to kill. Anything other than that, its the job for the normal policeman.

The shotgun is loaded. The MP5 is loaded.

Thats all you need to know.

They are friendly folks. Quite surprising, they can speak english. Some can speak good english, as some have had training at other gurkha contingents in different countries like UK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12