Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMF/WBank security

Smile IMF/WBank security

wow, passed by raffles city last night. almost a locked down situation on all entries/exits. each were manned by a team of 2 gurkhas/landrover flashing. one armed with a shot gun and another with an MP5. at carpark's entrance was a anti-ramming device.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 15th September 2006 at 11:52 AM.

Default Re: IMF/WBank security

i always wonder what the shot gun is for...won't the dispersed pellets hit innocent people? (unless it's a mass attack or sth)
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    i always wonder what the shot gun is for...won't the dispersed pellets hit innocent people? (unless it's a mass attack or sth)
    Depends on its bore and what shot is being used.

Not too sure about their ROEs but I think it might be loaded with either rubber slugs or beanbag rounds (Flexible baton round) - both are non lethal ammo instead live ammo
    Last edited by Klose; 15th September 2006 at 07:22 PM.

I'd say it's more a deterent then anything else.
    sk.images, ex - cyber_m0nkey

those who do sentry duties will know that there are no bullets in the magazine in the rifles. the bullets are sealed and taped in another magazine in the SBO.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan
    those who do sentry duties will know that there are no bullets in the magazine in the rifles. the bullets are sealed and taped in another magazine in the SBO.
    What goods that?

mhmm...i see..so if a real terrorist comes they have to change magazine before they can engage the enemy...?
    eat. drink. shoot

mhmm...i see..so if a real terrorist comes they have to change magazine before they can engage the enemy...?
    Thats so very clever isnt it

not too sure bout that. but we do have contradicting ROEs for spf and saf. i know SAF's mags are not loaded. but SPF's mags are loaded. cant speak for gurkhas' or the men dats deployed now though.
    give me a pen, and i'll give you my signature

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    Not too sure about their ROEs but I think it might be loaded with either rubber slugs or beanbag rounds (Flexible baton round) - both are non lethal ammo instead live ammo
    When i was a little boy, my classmates and i used to play around with water pistols at the void deck and the field near my house. The poorer ones like me will suffice with a plastic $0.70 "little cricket". The richer ones will be armed with battery operated water pistol shotgun, M-16 and "bazookas"..... Come to think of it, a hit from the water shotgun is kinda painful if you get hit in ur eyes........

Quote Originally Posted by maestrolik
    When i was a little boy, my classmates and i used to play around with water pistols at the void deck and the field near my house. The poorer ones like me will suffice with a plastic $0.70 "little cricket". The richer ones will be armed with battery operated water pistol shotgun, M-16 and "bazookas"..... Come to think of it, a hit from the water shotgun is kinda painful if you get hit in ur eyes........
    Actually a slug to the temple can kill.

not true.

depends on which camp u're in la.
    mine is loaded. no kidding. ready to kill. then again, it was back then...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

All are loaded with live rounds.

is loaded with live rounds according to a friend who is a security there

Smile Re: IMF/WBank security

i think the shotgun is meant to blow out tyres of incoming (threathening) vehicles while the MP5 to take out personnels, including the driver.

Yup its loaded. Its not only meant to blow up tyres.To use it when necessary. Pump guns were also used on cobras in the past when we were called in to capture it
    Last edited by Blade777; 16th September 2006 at 09:58 PM.

looks nicer to have varieties.. if every of them is same equip, it'll be boring i guess.. or at least wont make any discussion here... to hit innocent people? ermm.. provided there is 'innocent person' for a 'dead' place like what it's right now...

i'm pretty sure that this situation is different actually..

probably loaded but maybe not live rounds, but rubber pellets.

yes can kill, but still, more to injure than to kill. the percentage of death is lower.

Quote Originally Posted by sequitur
    i'm pretty sure that this situation is different actually..

probably loaded but maybe not live rounds, but rubber pellets.

yes can kill, but still, more to injure than to kill. the percentage of death is lower.
    And its not as messy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast