Thread: Cokin system

Default Cokin system

Hi intend to look at cokin system of filters... are they expensive and are they gd ??? Which system A or P cause i cant really seem to find any diff bet the two

Thanks

Default Re: Cokin system

Originally posted by sljm
    Hi intend to look at cokin system of filters... are they expensive and are they gd ??? Which system A or P cause i cant really seem to find any diff bet the two

Thanks
    A is for amatuer and P is for Pro... But it's just their way of naming them.

P has bigger filter holder than A. Reason being most pro lens have bigger filter size.

Default Re: Cokin system

Originally posted by sljm

Thanks
    comparatively, they're cheaper. especially if you have a variety of thread sizes to contend with.

are they good? depends what you're looking for. they're extremely flexible, esp for graduated filters as you can control the horizon.. but not so as protection for your lenses, or if you use wide angles often (signs of vignetting are very apparent).

enjoy!
    rOCh

is it available in Singapore?

Originally posted by FLiNcHY
    is it available in Singapore?
    of course. go to CP, there's a whole wall filled with Cokin filters. also, just a comment i find Cokin-type filters are more flexible and also a lot more variety (esp for effects) than the regular circular screw-on type filter. i got a whole range of them in a wallet...

also, Cokin is a lot cheaper than Lee filters, which works fine for me since i only use the filters some of the time and i don't wanna fork out a bomb for them.

Wat range of thread does the cokin fit?

Originally posted by Larry
    of course. go to CP, there's a whole wall filled with Cokin filters. also, just a comment i find Cokin-type filters are more flexible and also a lot more variety (esp for effects) than the regular circular screw-on type filter. i got a whole range of them in a wallet...

also, Cokin is a lot cheaper than Lee filters, which works fine for me since i only use the filters some of the time and i don't wanna fork out a bomb for them.
    How much do cokin filters cost?
    Do they come as a set?
    Which ones should i get to take gd nightshots?

almost all. well, technically only one. but you can get step-up rings. to make the difference.

Originally posted by lyrrad
    Wat range of thread does the cokin fit?

I visited CP today to look at the filters. There's like an all in one pack which costs I think $160.

You can take a look at their website,

www.cokin.fr

I've visited it before
    it seems to come all in one set

Which ones do i use for night shots?
    I saw this guy at photo sig, DERYK BAUMGAERTNER , his nightshots are mega nice

he says he uses the cokin filters but doesnt say which ones.so i don't know

hmm i read in the reviews on photo.net that cokin filters are not consistent. (Same filter but different color) can anyone confirm... feel like getting it liaz